Vintage Blues pictures and film

Carshalton Blue

On 26/04/2020 at 18:19, Ewan Hoozarmi said:

4aDoUkX.jpgp7cNbwB.jpgaXvxiPq.jpg

82lCxOS.jpg

Rugby League at the Bridge. Fulham RLFC v Cardiff in 1983. (I think the last shot has been posted on here previously.)

Courtesy of Vince Taylor's excellent @Groundtastic Twitter site. (Photos by Bob Lilliman.)

Aha ! That picture of the Shed was on a Boro fan site entitled " when Chelsea were sh*te " !

Nice to know it was nothing to do with us !

9 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

I wonder who the other " Scots boy" that he was sharing the digs with ?

We'd signed Eddie McCreadie and Tommy Know  both from East Stirling and both for a fee of £5000 in April and May 1962.

Either of those perhaps ?

Can't say I remember this although I do remember the swapping of pennants by a fan of each side and the Shed singing something like tear it up. Also just before kick off a packet of sausages were thrown from the Shed and just about made it over the fence !. Fillery's goal and then the biggest celebration I've ever seen at the Bridge first and only time I can remember continuos singing through the h/t break.

gettyimages-89057661-2048x2048.jpg

qr347.gifath1.gif

THE SCOTTISH GATHERING AT STAMFORD BRIDGE (1895)

Stamford Bridge, on the Fulham Road, is the best known athletic ground in the Metropolis, being the headquarters of the London Athletic Club and the scene of the amateur championship competitions whenever they take place in London. The annual Scottish Gathering is one of the most popular fixtures held here. Only those of Scottish birth are allowed to take part in the Highland games, many of which, such as tossing the caber, are utterly foreign to Southrons, while dancing and bagpipe playing are also included in the long day's proceedings. Such Scots as possess them wear the kilts of their clans, and the London Scottish Volunteers are generally well to the fore, as shown in our picture. There is always a large attendance of spectators, and the profits are given to Scottish charities.

https://www.victorianlondon.org/entertainment/athletics.htm

Wasn't sure whether to post this here .As as we weren't founded until 1905. Yes I know that last bit is stating the obvious.

Edited by erskblue