Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

2 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

"Police separate Chelsea and Sunderland fans in the Roker End August 1975" . Probably been on befire.

W-v-Chelsea-1975-1024x720.jpg

It's like a little bit of 'no mans land' on that terracing.

Posted (edited)

The League Magazine on Twitter: "Everton v Chelsea. Colin Pates ...Doug Rougvie. - The East End Bounce - East End Bounce - The ...Doug Rougvie Stock Photos & Doug Rougvie Stock Images - AlamyChelsea's Doug Rougvie clears in front of the vacant north terrace ...dougrougvie hashtag on Twitter

Big Doug smiling v Everton. Colin Pates looks on.

Second picture: Doug is seen 'Discussing some point' v Wimbledon at The Bridge.

Edited by erskblue

12 minutes ago, F1905 said:

image.jpeg.0251cdccc5843c5cfb04be8f19b2d0df.jpeg

Does anybody else see a figure standing over by the white wall ? Looks like a blooming ghost 

Yeah. I wasn't sure at first if that actually was someone !:biggrin:

Chelsea Milk Cup (Away)Goal: Kerry Dixon

Goal: Kerry Dixon cracks his first and Chelsea's second.   And then celebrates. 

Millwall at The Bridge, Sept 1984. Milk Cup 2nd Rd 1st leg. We won 3-1 at The Bridge.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

From our 96/97 yearbook

IMG_20200523_175735_kindlephoto-665170.jpg

IMG_20200523_175758_kindlephoto-697347.jpg

I couldn’t get a ticket for the semi at Highbury.  Resorted to ringing the Wimbledon ticket office and had a chat along the lines of “ No I can’t prove that I’m a Wimbledon fan. There’s no way your gonna shift your allocation, just sell me a bloody ticket pretty please”

No dice

Edited by Ewell CFC

2 hours ago, F1905 said:

Does anybody else see a figure standing over by the white wall ? Looks like a blooming ghost 

A bit wierd that, yes a figure is there

51 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

I couldn’t get a ticket for the semi at Highbury.  Resorted to ringing the Wimbledon ticket office and had a chat along the lines of “ No I can’t prove that I’m a Wimbledon fan. There’s no way your gonna shift your allocation, just sell me a bloody ticket pretty please”

No dice

Diff season if I remember correctly, 96 we got to the semis at Villa Park and lost to Utd.

97 our semi was at Highbury I was there for that and after the previous season's great atmosphere a bit of a disappointment to get Wimbledon with their more muted fans. Much better result though due to Hughes and Zola's finishing.

3 hours ago, F1905 said:

No sign of his dog spot either !

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Wisła Kraków 1:0 Chelsea

Our friendly in Poland on 24th May 1936.

A short Polish documentary on this match with English subtitles.

Hope nobody minds.

Team: Woodley, O'Hare, Barber, Mitchell, Craig, Miller, Spence, Argue, Mills, Burgess, Barraclough

http://stamford-bridge.com/match.php?mid=1439&opp=Wisla Krakow

Wow, what a brilliant video. I noticed a couple of members of the Polish Army in the crowd. One of our players sent-off for spitting at the ref. Just shows that the behaviour of players in the past was just as bad as it is now. A shame that the return leg at the Bridge didn't go ahead.

8 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

No dice

Remember the Highbury semi, tickets were sold if I remember right to members dependant on what membership  number you had or the number on your voucher book, after the main batch was sold, there was a final 2000 tickets and if your membership number was within a certain number you had a chance for ticket, on sale 8am from the ground, I left Chichester at 1:30am and got to bridge at 3am, already about 100 or so in qué, at around 4am a bird walked past us carrying a baseball bat!!,she was serenaded with a chant of "Chelsea aggro" Anyway got my ticket and was back In doors by 7:30am as they opened box office early at 6am.

Photo reçue le 01 juin 1937 du match OM contre Chelsea. News Photo ...

30th May 1937.  We drew with Marseilles 1-1 in Paris Exhibition Cup Quarter-Final

Photo above.

We certainly got around Europe and also further afield back then.

SCCP+X+CFC.jpg

The above photograph dates from 1929. If you look at the centre panel you can see something unusual. The player with his back to the camera is plainly numbered. It's Chelsea right back George Smith, playing against Sport Club Corinthians Paulista.

Two Football League matches were played in August 1928 in which shirts were numbered, one being  Chelsea vs Swansea Town at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea didn't wear the numbered shirts in any other domestic matches that season, but the following summer they used them on their South America tour, earning the nickname Los Numerados

http://gottfriedfuchs.blogspot.com/2013/04/los-numerados.html