Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

1938-06-10: Celtic 1-0 Everton, Empire Exhibition Cup Final ...

Today in 1938 we played Aberdeen in The Empire Exhibition Cup

This was an eight team tournament played at Ibrox Park,

The Empire Exhibition took place in near by Bellahouston Park. Approx half a mile away.

On 26/05/2020 at 07:47, erskblue said:

Pat Nevin Stock Pictures, Royalty-free Photos & Images - Getty ImagesJoe McLaughlin in action for Chelsea circa October 1984 | Chelsea ...

25th May 1983 Pat Nevin arrived from Clyde for £95,000

26th May 1983 Joe McLaughlin arrived from Greenock Morton for £95,000

And so began our love affair with THAT team, many of us were in our teens then and to think now us old gits in our 50's and still talk about them, and it wasn't because they won loads, a promotion and full members cup, were the grand total. I wonder if the players of THAT team know how fondly we regard them

1 minute ago, chi blue said:

And so began our love affair with THAT team, many of us were in our teens then and to think now us old gits in our 50's and still talk about them, and it wasn't because they won loads, a promotion and full members cup, were the grand total. I wonder if the players of THAT team know how fondly we regard them

Agreed totally and that is a good question.

29 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Agreed totally and that is a good question.

I feel the same way about the current team, 

I just really like them and our manager, same as that team back in the 80s. 

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

I've been lucky enough to have had a chat with Kerry at a couple of functions here in MK, and Chelsea players from that era really do know how well loved they are.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

11698-zoom.jpgsorry about the size sorry about the size !  Another of the  crazy gang who played for us. Thought he was a decent player, although many disagree

Booked about 5 seconds after kick off v Sheff Utd.

We had a few brutes in the early 90s, Cascarino, Wise, Hartford, Peter Nicholas

Edited by Ewell CFC

45 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Remember the 5 second booking, we were in the East Stand v Sheff Utd that day and practically level with the tackle, me my dad and some his mates just looked at each other and thought what the f**k? Vinnie stayed on and played well, if I remember right he missed the home game in quarter final v Sunderland and we missed him, very underated our Vinnie

I saw Vinnie Jones's debut against Luton we beat them 4-1 Vinny played well but what he did was encourage and gee Dennis Wise up through the whole game. Wise was definitely a better player after that because he was really average till that point Vinny gave him the kick up the arse he needed.

56 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Arsenal and West Ham away the West Ham pic is a weird one it looks like everyone has got their back to the game.

CjffHuNWsAEN9Mi.jpg

Cj8ULvEWgAA5O5I.jpg

Cj8UX0hWkAAtQ17.jpg

They were obviously trying to invent a new goal celebration. Some Polish fans must have been in there and took the idea back to Poznan.

6 hours ago, MKBlue said:

I've been lucky enough to have had a chat with Kerry at a couple of functions here in MK, and Chelsea players from that era really do know how well loved they are.

Good to hear.

8 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Jones did alright for a while certainly made teams fear us a bit more and yes against Sheffield Utd he got the fastest booking in FA Cup history though lets not forget with us a goal up and the opposition number trying to knock him out Jones ducked and weaved with his hands clearly behind his back, he had a footballing brain.

His goal up at Anfield helped us get our first win up there in decades.

Football technical skill perhaps 6/10 though commitment wise 9.5/10, IMO.

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

EYkTIQJWoAAAexU.jpg

Mick Harford.

Surprised when we got Harford as he was not a big name and a bit older, his 9 goals in 28 games was not a bad return and some of them were good goals.

Posted (edited)

Chelsea players celebrate the winning goal to complete the ...samalladyce hashtag on Twitter19781014.jpg

That comeback game v Bolton at The Bridge.   14th Oct 78.

Top Photo Chelsea players celebrate the winning goal to complete the comeback from 0-3 behind to win 4-3.
 (Photo by Hugh Hastings/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)

bounder.friardale's  match report.
Edited by erskblue