Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

54 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Didn't recognise this person at first. Had a lot more hair when the picture was taken. Must be from his time at Barnsley.

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Thing of joy, Eddie drop kick, Speedo outjumping a 6ft 4 centre back flicking it on and King Kerry doing the rest. What load of old bollox this Barca tippy tap sh*t is.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, chi blue said:

Was nominated on Facebook a couple of weeks ago to post a football picture with no explanation for  5 days, that was one of my 5 pictures.

Oh sorry, never realised !

I'm sure I never took it from.

Edited by erskblue

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Oh sorry, never realised !

I'm sure I never took it from.

Ha ha, yes very iconic picture, I thought it would be something different to the usual football pictures people put on these facebook things, also a very underated kit that Coors one.

10 hours ago, chi blue said:

Thing of joy, Eddie drop kick, Speedo outjumping a 6ft 4 centre back flicking it on and King Kerry doing the rest. What load of old bollox this Barca tippy tap sh*t is.

Never seen anyone jump as high as speedo in comparison to his height. 

5 hours ago, Scott said:

I can feel that stand swaying  from here.

EYOlKfXX0AAqelD.jpg

Looks as if a front part of that small stand's roof has already fallen off !

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, chi blue said:

He used to start his run up for an Eddie goal kick well out wide and run across the line- similar run up to a high jumper- don’t remember him scoring many headed goals but his speciality was the flick on- Gary Speed who was bit taller also had a great leap, as did Frank Sinclair ( the grey cells aren’t functioning too well, what was the controversial incident when he moved to Leicester- didn’t he accidentally lay out the ref or similar)?

Edited by Ewell CFC

Posted (edited)

Puerto Anfi v Chelsea from May 1995.

We won 8-6 ! Some game !!

Wonder if just possibly, some of our players played with any after effects of alcohol ?:tHumBsBeeR:

Allegedly...

Edited by erskblue

7 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

He used to start his run up for an Eddie goal kick well out wide and run across the line- similar run up to a high jumper- don’t remember him scoring many headed goals but his speciality was the flick on- Gary Speed who was bit taller also had a great leap, as did Frank Sinclair ( the grey cells aren’t functioning too well, what was the controversial incident when he moved to Leicester- didn’t he accidentally lay out the ref or similar)?

Speedie was astonishingly good in the air. It's comical that he used to provide the flick-ons for Dixon, rather than the other way around, when he was about 6 inches shorter.