Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

14 hours ago, bluehaze said:

This is a really good site first impressions those shorts are borderline ponographic and PB's tracksuit bottoms seem to be flares.

Good to see this programme again. I'd completely forgotten it existed. Footballers if I remember correctly didn't do particularly well in it.

March Preston North End inside forward Tommy Thompson sees his shot clear off the line by the hands of Chelsea left back Stan Willemse only for winger Tom Finney to score from the penalty spot, at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea Champions, Tommy Thompson, Preston North End, Class Games, Last Man, Stamford Bridge, How To Make Light, Premier League

v Preston North End at The Bridge 1955/56.

Think this is game was played on Sat 31st March 1956.

We lost 1-0, to that Tom Finney penalty.

Official crowd of 31,450.   The Bridge looks packed in the photos above !

Thanks to bounder.friardale.

2 hours ago, charierre said:

Good to see this programme again. I'd completely forgotten it existed. Footballers if I remember correctly didn't do particularly well in it.

Well in the post it looks like that's Garth Crooks in last. Stan Bowles did it here's a link to a QPR website (sorry about that) I don't think there's VT of it I would love to see it again and then of course there was Keegan falling off his bike 😆

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/superstars-stan-bowles-legendary-appearance/

13 hours ago, erskblue said:

Greats Of The Game - George Best 1968 George Best in action for...

'Chopper' Harris and George Best, also at Old Trafford.

I’ve always loved that photo, Best in all his glory, balance, eye on the ball.  

7 hours ago, charierre said:

Malcolm MacDonald run the 100m in 10.9 seconds. I believe that was inside Olympic  qualifying time in the mid 70s.

Agree with footballers generally not doing well. Especially the likes of Stan Bowles who liked a fag

When your keeper's goalkicker are your opponents' best attacking weapon, you know you're in trouble. Throw in some kamikaze defending..... and we somehow scrape an away win.

On 01/06/2020 at 00:37, Stretford Ender said:

I'd never have remembered that and back then, I could pretty much tell you who was in the Chelsea side. All right, confession time. I have relatives in Clapham, most of whom were Chelsea fans, and still are. My aunt (mum's sister) married a London lad in the war and they settled in Clapham, though he was originally from Hounslow.

I had family in Clapham back in the 60s and early 70s, 1 aunt, 1 uncle and 8 cousins, they lived on the same street as Ray Lewington and my cousin went to the same school as Michael Thomas, the old Arsenal player. Back then I'd say that Clapham and Stockwell were majority Chelsea supporting as much as places like Battersea and Wandsworth, and it pretty much stretched all the way out to the sticks where London meets Surrey where I grew up. Strange really, as Palace were closer by a short distance, maybe it's a SW as opposed to SE London thing.

English League Division One match at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea 4 v ...

29th April 1961 and a 4-3 win v Nottingham Forest at The Bridge  

Jimmy Greaves is on the pitch before taking part in his final game for the club.

He scored four goals in the match.