Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 hours ago, erskblue said:

The FA Cup Final of 1922 played at The Bridge.

From British Pathe News.

Good general shots of the ground.

Great film. Thanks for posting. Looks like fans are leaving St. Pancras Station at the start of the film. Lovely touch by the fans when they remove their hats when going past the Cenotaph. Pure class. I suspect that many of the fans and some of the players had served in WW1 and knew people who didn't return,

13 hours ago, erskblue said:

The FA Cup Final of 1922 played at The Bridge.

From British Pathe News.

Good general shots of the ground.

Terrific footage mate. Did you notice the player at 4.29 touching the blokes bollocks behind him as the camera panned along the team ??!!

On 20/06/2020 at 18:24, bluehaze said:

I was at this match Kerry missing a penalty that went into the second tier of the loft as I recall. We had a terrible record at Loftus Rd round this time 6-0 in 86, 3-1 in 87, 4-2 in 89 this game we lost 1-0 Jason Cundy's debut.

EWRoNUSXYAA5k_s.jpg

Townsend, Clive Wilson, Ray, Kerry & Alan McDonald (RIP).  I was sat (in the aisle) with a few Chelsea in the area between Wilson and Wilkin's heads.  Was an awful penalty by Dixon.  I believe their winner was an early penalty.  Never had much luck on the pitch when I went there.  

1 hour ago, magoo said:

Townsend, Clive Wilson, Ray, Kerry & Alan McDonald (RIP).  I was sat (in the aisle) with a few Chelsea in the area between Wilson and Wilkin's heads.  Was an awful penalty by Dixon.  I believe their winner was an early penalty.  Never had much luck on the pitch when I went there.  

Knowing we were facing Gary Bannister would make me shudder. The Naismith of his day.