Vintage Blues pictures and film

Does anyone remember the face in the crowd in the programme? I stopped buying them when I left school in 82 so not sure how long it went on for. But the first thing you'd do was see if you're in the pictures which is exactly what I did with those Cambridge photos posted I'm just out of shot unfortunately in this one. I could make out myself in a picture in the Mirror during the trouble at Derby 83.

See the source image

Edited by bluehaze

13 hours ago, Stretford Ender said:

Packed on like sardines too. Always a fun day out though the coach could be fun as well. Never paid to get a window seat in case somebody lobbed a half brick at you, which happened to me at Forest. I used to avoid the train going to Birmingham though as there were always packs of them waiting at New Street for the special to pull in. Blackpool away was always a good time and half of them missed the train going back because they were legless and passed out on the beach.

I think you were supporting a bit earlier than me, I started late 80's.

I recall in the early 80's on the way to play football for the school and while waiting on the platform a packed train came in full of Utd fans, think they were probably going to Palace or Charlton. The school kid standing next to me was mixed race yet a United fan and shouted, 'Yay, Yay United, United' 

A head with a red and black scarf puts his head out of the window and shouts, 'Fxxk Off, you black bxstard'.

Felt sorry for my school friend and it was the first example of football racism I saw.

Till that point I never had a clue he even supported United either. 

4 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Does anyone remember the face in the crowd in the programme? I stopped buying them when I left school in 82 so not sure how long it went on for. But the first thing you'd do was see if you're in the pictures which is exactly what I did with those Cambridge photos posted I'm just out of shot unfortunately in this one. I could make out myself in a picture in the Mirror during the trouble at Derby 83.

See the source image

I think I've spotted Micky Greenaway, above the capital T of TALBOT, behind the kid with the scarf.

Pretty sure it is Greenaway, but having had a close look I've also found a few celebrity lookalikes...Chas and Dave, Eddie McCreadie, David Bellamy and late 70s Alan Sunderland. 

Weirdness, stared at the pic too long, and it looks like a painting now.

Edited by MKBlue
4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think you were supporting a bit earlier than me, I started late 80's.

I recall in the early 80's on the way to play football for the school and while waiting on the platform a packed train came in full of Utd fans, think they were probably going to Palace or Charlton. The school kid standing next to me was mixed race yet a United fan and shouted, 'Yay, Yay United, United' 

A head with a red and black scarf puts his head out of the window and shouts, 'Fxxk Off, you black bxstard'.

Felt sorry for my school friend and it was the first example of football racism I saw.

Till that point I never had a clue he even supported United either. 

Went to my first home game as a lad in 1963. First full season of home games was 64/65 and that included an away game with my dad at Ewood Park. Started going away with mates 1968/69 season. Funny, because we had a couple of black lads that came with us and never saw much antagonism towards them except from the coppers. One stopped going because he signed on as a schoolboy with Oldham and he played every Saturday.

2 hours ago, charierre said:

Not sure if this page has been posted previously, it has some cracking photos on there taken by Hugh Hastings who was the clubs official photographer for 10 years.

https://www.hughhastings.co.uk/photojournalism-ten-years-with-chelsea-fc#

Sixth photo guy with the beard bottom right is the actor Clive Mantle once of Casualty.