Vintage Blues pictures and film

2 hours ago, The Swan said:

Just love on the ongoing history of this thread. Often learn new things and see new things even though they took place in the past.

Agree with you. Enjoy often seeing extended footage from day the 1970s . I live up in Scotland and often we only saw the English games  goals in the Scottish TV Football Programmes.
Or see some of themon for example On The Ball , Football Focus or Sportsnignt.

pat Nevin is a fantastic Chelsea Legend  great column which needs to come back on the clubs website.

Doncaster chap ( are you Fulham old bill ? Have not got a clue who you are) 

Anyway no connection with Stockport that I know someone obviously has,though i do remember some saying about a pub in Manchester which was good to get fuelled up in.

The big lad from Darlington, i do know him, remember the semi return at Sunderland. We all got rounded up by local plod though they were buggered when Carlo did all the talking.......oh happy days...........otherwise we were known as Cockney Bar Stewards. As you got a whack by a trunchon......football fans lives matter.

Edited by Londons Finest
12 minutes ago, Londons Finest said:

pat Nevin is a fantastic Chelsea Legend  great column which needs to come back on the clubs website.

Doncaster chap ( are you Fulham old bill ? Have not got a clue who you are) 

Anyway no connection with Stockport that I know someone obviously has,though i do remember some saying about a pub in Manchester which was good to get fuelled up in.

The big lad from Darlington, i do know him, remember the semi return at Sunderland. We all got rounded up by local plod though they were buggered when Carlo did all the talking.......oh happy days...........otherwise we were known as Cockney Bar Stewards. As you got a whack by a trunchon......football fans lives matter.

In answer to doncaster chap > I doubt you will know me since I was only a foot soldier at chelsea and no great shake whatsoever .

you will know a cfc chap fron donny with ginger hair I guess ,he was at game week in week out in the 1980s and called it a day not long after cfc got into the prem . 

the Stockport thing with the pub might be down to a connection with some man city fans from that area > I recal, going to England away games and the pub would be full of cfc/ England and now and again some man city chaps would show up .

there was a connection with man city for sure as cfc was playing man city away on me birthday one game few years back ,and I asked one of me chelsea Adelaide pub mates if it would be ok to bring 6/7 donny lads to the game since cfc had stopped in donny a few times over the years and got to know some ddr lads .

gets a phone call back telling me not to bring the ddr lads to city game since donny had played man city pre season  friendly and there had been a some trouble and some man city got porridge after court case ,and the donny lads pass could not be accepted by the city lot .

also recall a England v Finland game at man city’s new ground and the city chaps sorted a pub out for the chelsea lot > the strawberry ,which was a slight walk from the ground ,a few city lads was in the pub aswell .

When doncaster played Sutton utd away in the conference yonks back a few local cfc  meet up with the ddr  lads who was down for the game ,even got a pub to open early .

33 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Mystery solved me and F1905 were wondering about the advert in the Shed there it is top right  I have no recollection of it and I sat in the temporary Shed quite a few times mind you it is a long time ago !

Cheers. I saw the picture in a Facebook page and the caption said that it was taken in November 1994 from the Upper Tier of the recently opened Matthew Harding stand. I may be wrong (it's a blur after all these years) but the new North Stand was opened at the start of season 96/97. So either the caption is wrong or the picture was taken from a crane.

21 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Cheers. I saw the picture in a Facebook page and the caption said that it was taken in November 1994 from the Upper Tier of the recently opened Matthew Harding stand. I may be wrong (it's a blur after all these years) but the new North Stand was opened at the start of season 96/97. So either the caption is wrong or the picture was taken from a crane.

It opened 95 the wraparound bits opened later. I was there first game of the season 0-0 against Everton Gullit's debut baking hot day.

20 hours ago, bluehaze said:

It opened 95 the wraparound bits opened later. I was there first game of the season 0-0 against Everton Gullit's debut baking hot day.

It was hot that day, seeing Gullit In a Chelsea shirt And a new stand where the old North terrace use to be, the revolution had began!!

Edited by chi blue
On 06/09/2020 at 17:56, ddrblue said:

In answer to doncaster chap > I doubt you will know me since I was only a foot soldier at chelsea and no great shake whatsoever .

you will know a cfc chap fron donny with ginger hair I guess ,he was at game week in week out in the 1980s and called it a day not long after cfc got into the prem . 

the Stockport thing with the pub might be down to a connection with some man city fans from that area > I recal, going to England away games and the pub would be full of cfc/ England and now and again some man city chaps would show up .

there was a connection with man city for sure as cfc was playing man city away on me birthday one game few years back ,and I asked one of me chelsea Adelaide pub mates if it would be ok to bring 6/7 donny lads to the game since cfc had stopped in donny a few times over the years and got to know some ddr lads .

gets a phone call back telling me not to bring the ddr lads to city game since donny had played man city pre season  friendly and there had been a some trouble and some man city got porridge after court case ,and the donny lads pass could not be accepted by the city lot .

also recall a England v Finland game at man city’s new ground and the city chaps sorted a pub out for the chelsea lot > the strawberry ,which was a slight walk from the ground ,a few city lads was in the pub aswell .

When doncaster played Sutton utd away in the conference yonks back a few local cfc  meet up with the ddr  lads who was down for the game ,even got a pub to open early .

When I used to go I recall talking to a couple of chaps from the Isle of Man that only flew over only for Chelsea matches up North.

Also recall Rangers bringing a lot down when we played at Everton.

I bet there's a few more stories like that.