Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

When I used to go I recall talking to a couple of chaps from the Isle of Man that only flew over only for Chelsea matches up North.

Also recall Rangers bringing a lot down when we played at Everton.

I bet there's a few more stories like that.

It’s a odd one is this ,when I was going down to SB via east coast mainline cfc was in division 2 and I would see and get to know no end of chelsea fans from newcastle,Bradford,hull,pboro,scunny,retford,donny,> but I would never see chaps on same service going to London KingsX for likes of arsenal ,spurs ,west ham,qpr who was always in division one .

it did change when the premeirship kicked in and you would notice club shirts from many of London clubs .

i have taken Leeds ,sheff weds ,sheff utd, donny Lads rovers all from donny  at various times to watch whatever CFC game at SB when in division 2 > with some of them latching onto the chelsea lot when we watched England away . That’s when chelsea in my book ran the England show on away games > chelsea was in div 2 never played in Europe so the fans had the time to latch onto England games In force .

once Chelsea got into the prem and was playing in Europe every season > the amount of cfc lads going on England away jolly’s cut dramatically 

57 minutes ago, Boyne said:

FB_IMG_1599681894444.jpg

There are 3 names on that chelsea 11 that i can’t recall at all or know bugger all about them > Terry Howard ,John Millar and Duncan Shearer . For some reason iam ranking my memory banks and all I can come up with is that maybe one I’d said players came from Aberdeen ? ( not getting Dug Ruvvie mixed into this ) 

help anyone please 

8 hours ago, ddrblue said:

There are 3 names on that chelsea 11 that i can’t recall at all or know bugger all about them > Terry Howard ,John Millar and Duncan Shearer . For some reason iam ranking my memory banks and all I can come up with is that maybe one I’d said players came from Aberdeen ? ( not getting Dug Ruvvie mixed into this ) 

help anyone please 

Duncan Shearer signed from Inverness Clachnacuddin in 1983.  He left at the end of the 1after appearing in only two League games  scoring one goal. To be fair he had a certain striking duo of King a Kerry Dixon and David Speedie in front of him as our two strikers at this time.

He signed for Huddersfield  Town in 1986 and scored in his first full game for the club and was their top goalscorer for the next two seasons. He moved back north, to sign for Aberdeen. Then  playing a few times for Scotland in the early ish 1990s.    Hope that helps.

5 hours ago, erskblue said:

Duncan Shearer signed from Inverness Clachnacuddin in 1983.  He left at the end of the 1after appearing in only two League games  scoring one goal. To be fair he had a certain striking duo of King a Kerry Dixon and David Speedie in front of him as our two strikers at this time.

He signed for Huddersfield  Town in 1986 and scored in his first full game for the club and was their top goalscorer for the next two seasons. He moved back north, to sign for Aberdeen. Then  playing a few times for Scotland in the early ish 1990s.    Hope that helps.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest > the Duncan shearer chap was the one I was trying my hardest to connect the dots with Aberdeen  and jock football > but tbh I had it in my head that cfc got him from Aberdeen ,but saying that I still can’t recall bugger all about him or his two other side kicks . 

for sure that was a football combination league fixture and fact that Bonetti started type of shocked me aswell I just never thought PB was still at the club on the playing staff . 

talking about David speedie ,Christ for a chap his size he could not half jump many much taller than him when going for the ball.

i read a report up our way  ( South Yorkshire ) that when he was playing in his  professional football career pre chelsea might be when he was at darling or Barnsley that he would turn out and play for a local non league team way down the league ladder and structure .

when he played alongside Dixon the two of them were strikers for each other and I don’t think I have seen two cfc front players so far that match these two as a striking partnership ?

like I said I was shocked on how Speedie would outjump number 5s at times 

15 hours ago, ddrblue said:

help anyone please 

6 hours ago, erskblue said:

29 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

Thanks for putting my mind at rest > the Duncan shearer chap was the one I was trying my hardest to connect the dots with Aberdeen  and jock football > but tbh I had it in my head that cfc got him from Aberdeen ,but saying that I still can’t recall bugger all about him or his two other side kicks . 

for sure that was a football combination league fixture and fact that Bonetti started type of shocked me aswell I just never thought PB was still at the club on the playing staff . 

talking about David speedie ,Christ for a chap his size he could not half jump many much taller than him when going for the ball.

i read a report up our way  ( South Yorkshire ) that when he was playing in his  professional football career pre chelsea might be when he was at darling or Barnsley that he would turn out and play for a local non league team way down the league ladder and structure .

when he played alongside Dixon the two of them were strikers for each other and I don’t think I have seen two cfc front players so far that match these two as a striking partnership ?

like I said I was shocked on how Speedie would outjump number 5s at times 

I remember John Millar playing a few first team games in the mid-eighties. If memory serves correctly, he played left back but if anyone knows differently, please correct me. Cheers. I think that there is a photo of him and Pat Nevin at the main gates. Will try and find it.

15 hours ago, ddrblue said:

help anyone please 

Millar and Howard both came up through the ranks. You'd probably see their names regularly in the programmes from the most golden of all seasons in the reserves and youth pages. Not much else I can tell you though, although I'm fairly sure that Millar went on to play for one of my localish teams, Northampton Town.

I can't imagine, looking at the line ups, that we got a result that day: Adams, Thomas, Merson and Quinn, several nil to the Arsenal is my guess.

1 hour ago, MKBlue said:

Millar and Howard both came up through the ranks. You'd probably see their names regularly in the programmes from the most golden of all seasons in the reserves and youth pages. Not much else I can tell you though, although I'm fairly sure that Millar went on to play for one of my localish teams, Northampton Town.

I can't imagine, looking at the line ups, that we got a result that day: Adams, Thomas, Merson and Quinn, several nil to the Arsenal is my guess.

I guess been a northern monkey my access to all things chelsea back in the 1980s and 1990s were limited when it came to the combination and reserve squads .saying that access to chelsea main team was via football focus ,on the balll, motd and match write ups in northern editions of whatever newspaper .

its a lot more easy today with t’internet and sky sports to stay in the loop on cfc .

Kerry Dixon > his first managers job was at doncaster rovers after our iffy chairmen back then ( said chairmen paid a former army service man to set fire to the main stand and try to claim. the insurance back and sell the ground ) .Dixon had a huge gambling debut and that was part of the deal to manage doncaster rovers .

The club was in a mess especially off the pitch and had to do race nights in local pubs to help raise money to pay players and staff wages . The team would all turn up in me local and sell whatever race tickets to whatever race etc etc . Me and Dixon git rat arsed and he was quite open about his cfc days etc etc > he was quite a good egg 

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

nintchdbpict000339694128.jpg

Not a very flattering picture of Dougie.

Doug rouvie > 3 things come to mind > FUB as in f**king ugly bar steward > Chelsea > and that penalty he gave away at sheff weds in last kick off the game .

when Dougie got up after conceding that pen he looked as sick as a parrot ,infact todate i dont think i have ever seen a cfc players body launage give away such High sick as a partot stance after whatever ,Even JTs pen miss in moscow .

7 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

I guess been a northern monkey my access to all things chelsea back in the 1980s and 1990s were limited when it came to the combination and reserve squads .saying that access to chelsea main team was via football focus ,on the balll, motd and match write ups in northern editions of whatever newspaper .

its a lot more easy today with t’internet and sky sports to stay in the loop on cfc .

Kerry Dixon > his first managers job was at doncaster rovers after our iffy chairmen back then ( said chairmen paid a former army service man to set fire to the main stand and try to claim. the insurance back and sell the ground ) .Dixon had a huge gambling debut and that was part of the deal to manage doncaster rovers .

The club was in a mess especially off the pitch and had to do race nights in local pubs to help raise money to pay players and staff wages . The team would all turn up in me local and sell whatever race tickets to whatever race etc etc . Me and Dixon git rat arsed and he was quite open about his cfc days etc etc > he was quite a good egg 

Good shout about Kerry mate, I've met him a couple of times, lovely bloke.

5 hours ago, MKBlue said:

Good shout about Kerry mate, I've met him a couple of times, lovely bloke.

Damned good striker was Kerry Dixon. He must be up there amongst your leading scorers. Did the business for England too until he got injured. I remember him scoring twice against us at home when Big Ron was manager.

Edited by Stretford Ender

7 hours ago, MKBlue said:

I always get Millar and Howard mixed up, but I recall being at the home game against Forest in 1986 when we got hammered 6-2. Franz Carr gave our full-back an absolutely torrid time that day and I don't think he played another game for us after that.

23 minutes ago, Stretford Ender said:

Damned good striker was Kerry Dixon. He must be up there amongst your leading scorers. Did the business for England too until he got injured. I remember him scoring twice against us at home when Big Ron was manager.

I recall a doncaster rovers v reading division 3 or 4 fixture 1982 where Dixon  played for Reading scored 4 goals but still ended up on the back end if a 7-5 defeat .

24 minutes ago, Stretford Ender said:

17 hours ago, ddrblue said:

like I said I was shocked on how Speedie would outjump number 5s at ti

17 hours ago, ddrblue said:

"I guess been a northern monkey"

Ddr, my family call me a northern monkey, cos I live in Milton Keynes. Very much of the north begins at Wandsworth Bridge variety my lot.