Vintage Blues pictures and film

1 hour ago, F1905 said:

Old Dell boy flogging those ski hats might not know his ski from his hat,he might even be off his bobble  as he is even trying to flog Arsenal Celt@c half and half...i mean wtf

Would like to know when that photo was taken  it must be a chelsea v Arsenal game looking at all the different bits  he has for sale ,but what possesed anyone to come up with a chelsea/Celtic half/ half ski hat > when you look deeper into this you can go to various outlets who will print off whatever scarfs ,t shirts etc etc but the mimimun number they will print up is 120 ish from my memory > hence to say they wont waste time of funds doing 20/30 bits . 

At the full members final my mate nicked a load of ski caps from a stall there were Chelsea/ Celtic ones among them. Never saw anyone wearing one at the Bridge it or you wouldn't last long if you did. If you look at the stall there's an Arsenal centenary scarf so 1986. The first year I heard songs about Rangers was at Watford in the 86/87 season we all agree Chelsea and Rangers are magic was sung.

11 hours ago, ddrblue said:

This is what i cant understand when you gave me flashbacks to the rotherham 6-0 defeat and defeats to likes of sc**thorpe ,mansfield,Grimsby,shrewsbury ,Wigan etc etc back in the 1980s i was pissed off for sure ,but just took it on me chin and the abuse would be ten fold in the local pub every Sunday from all and sundry .

chelsea draw 3-3 yesterday  as you pointed out , but iam climbing up me bastard front room walls and pulling kepa apart > cant understand why i have turned so negative towrads a CFC bad result when after the rotherham hammering > next game was 2-1 Home to newcastle > League cup defeat to Oldham 4-2 > then it was Oldham away 1-0 defeat ,but wild horses was not going to keep me from going to Oldham .

i seem to Get more wound up today when CFC have a bad result and i dont go to games anymore ,just watch them via the idiot box ,so its not as if iam pissing my wages up the wall watching them > at my age i should be far more chilled .

going back to that Oldham  game my memorys from that day > getting off at Oldham station with another mate from donny and walking into a close by workingmens  club or pub and been worried like fcuk if i Get server a pint or not since i was 16 . Got the pints and started talking to this local at the bar > he was about 20/21 full demin on with demin jeans ,demin shirt ,demin jacket and alarm bells was ringing inside me > after about 5 mins he asked if we wanted to see his puppy > me and my donny mate was on nonce watch straight away > then this nutjob pulls a small black puppy dog out from underneath his demin jacket > who on earth carrys a small black puppy about under their jacket in a pub > you could not see us for dust as we left our half drunk pints .

This is the game when a lady with a tea trolly was pushing said trolley round the pitchside as teams were warming up selling tea and things to eat > some chelsea player whacked the ball sky wards and it came down across the pitch half way line and straight into the tea trolley taking it out .

think Oldham had the plastic pitch just installed then ? If so a helicopter landed in Middle of pitch pre kick off and i think it was denis law that got out with the match ball ?

after the game i ended up with 10+ other chelsea lads and i had no idea who they was but we ended up chasing this lone  Oldham chap who was Blackman and funny enough he was all in demin just like the strange chap in the pub ,but this chap did not have any puppys under his jacket > just house bricks > he had lobbed a house brick and took out one of the chelsea lads with a direct hit hence why we gave chase .

the blackman was not worried one bit as he run off and stop so we could Get closer then lob another house brick > this stopping and starting lobbing house bricks went on for 10 mins and we was getting more and more off track > i smelt the coffee and fcuk this he is leading us all into a trap > it was pitch black middle of housing estate open grass land and bells was ringing in my head again > not that it mattered to the other chelsea chaps but i said > this is a trap and me and donny lad are heading back to station > about 20 mins later on Oldham station i see 4/5 of chelsea chaps who gave up the chase some 5 mins after me ,but they got jumped on crossing the open grass land > they had various fat lips and lumps to their heads and bleached jeans was the norm back then up NORTH and one of them had pissed himself when taking a beating > turns out this small group was all from wrexham ,hence the bleached jeans 

Mate, I love reading your recollections of old games and all that went with it back in the day. Seriously, you should consider putting it into book form. Ever considered it ?  Btw Ross B just scored for Villa !

24 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Mate, I love reading your recollections of old games and all that went with it back in the day. Seriously, you should consider putting it into book form. Ever considered it ?  Btw Ross B just scored for Villa !

I have been asked a couple of times to put my accounts down on paper ,but this was down to my exploits when running with the ddr at doncaster > the idea was to bring out a book about FV from my side of the fence due to ddr comming Worse off many times whislt enroute to games or at games or enroute back to donny . It was normall for whoever to write about whatever firm/ mob they ran with and it seemed that they never got done/run > i backed out of it since it would mean my family and mum most important would read what i had been upto > you know what mums are like when you had dirty hands .

That Martin king chap was introduced to me at a chelsea CL game in anderletch i think it was yonks back .He was helping a wolves chap write his book about all things subway Army > Mr king gave me a description of how wolves lads had attacked 120+ ddr lads in the duke of York pub KINGS X ,i had to pull Martin on the wolves lads memory as there was only 30 ddr on that messy night ,also the wolves lad did not mention that wolves had some Lincoln city lads with them aswell and the both thought we was derby County > which was funny since we thought they was derby hence why ddr happy to say hello > derby had knocked fcuk out of two vans of ddr after ddr stopped off in derby after a conference League game at kiddyminster . 

when i think about it i have quite a back log of tales ,yarns around watching donny ,chelsea and England ,not Even scratched the surface with the chelsea lads and England away games across Europe when the away following was all old School and chanting no surrender to the ira was accepted unlike todays glow worms from what i have seen on my last England match 2-3 in 2016 > after how i saw the England fans set their stall out in Berlin i pre warned all the donnywhites that went to Marseille for England v Russia that England fans will come unstuck > there was far too many normall fans following England now and not enough horribles ,and what horribles was going away with England were all doing their own things from what i picked up in that Germany game in Berlin .

This is how slack the England lads had got > Germany v England was on the saturday > a group of about 30 millwall/ Burnley arranged to have a punch up with a mob from Hamburg on the thursday night > the plan was a 30 v 30 rule of thumb > ze germans turned up 70+ handed tooled up and knocked 7 bells out of the England lot > that would never have been allowed to happen back in my time for various reasons .

This is a funny one when Bayern munich played chelsea in a CL game in the old olympic stadium me and a mate was in munich two nights before the game ,we had just walked into a pub close to the train station and there was a handfull of chelsea in the pub who had been in their all day .

this pub was full of boxing photos all over the Walls etc etc so it was a boxing theme pub ,not got me first pint down when this mob of germans turned up outside wanting to knock the fcuk out of the chelsea inside the pub > it was looking a tad iffy due to lack of Numbers on our part > but the bouncers and bar staff said that since the chelsea lot had been in pub all day and not caused no stress at all they would sort out ze germans outside > turns out the bouncers and bar staff + friends were all boxers or former boxers and ze german boxing club munich got dirty hands and fixed the issue outside .

10 hours ago, Richard P said:

Remember getting my Chelsea/ Rangers ski hat before winter during 84/85 season. 

The Chelsea/ Rangers ski hats were popular amongst Rangers supporters of the time. I too bought one the winter of 1984/85, outside Ibrox mind you. 

Edited by erskblue

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

A ‘solid tackle’ from Micky Droy. Look at the commitment shown on his face.

Micky Droy,Jeff Bourne

One of 3 or 4 reasons why i latched onto Chelsea Football Club was Micky Droy ,man mountian and i sure i have seen him head a ball out of defence that cleared near enough half the pitch via the idiot box > Micky Droy > slough > chelsea > yellow/green umbro away kit > would have been a roof layer if not a footballer > and still today i hold MD as my most favorite player > thats not to diss many many other chelsea players who  had far more skill ,tallent and success at CFC ,but likes of JT ,wilkins ,zola,drogba ,borota , Jones aka joey,did not help pull me into all things chelsea . 

only saw MD play a handfull of games but the giant sure left a lasting impression on us 

9 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

V Moscow Dynamo. Slightly different angle I think .?

GettyImages-82669593.jpg

When i ever read about this game and there was no official attendence but Word on the Street that the crowd was touching 100,000 or just over due untold jibbing in via whatever means ,this the one game in CFC history that i would teleport myself back to .

On 17/10/2020 at 11:05, kennypaul said:

I haven’t made it up. Maybe he opened up to me as I told him about the awkwardness of being a black fan of a club that had a large following of fans who were racially expressive shall we say. I also heard Keith Jones and Dublin cop it when I was at a game in the east stand with some white mates but this was by an individual who was immediately shot down.

I suspect I'm a bit older than you and remember National Front cards being handed out in the old Northstand terrace. Looking back there were certain fans who had been influenced by extreme political activists. Today you might call it grooming. It only takes a few activists to make it the latest thing and before you knew it a sizable section of the travelling fan-base were using racism as their call to arms. At the time many didn't consider the impact of their actions and went with the flow. 

I remember going away to West Ham with my father in 71/72 and hearing the old North Banks reaction to the West Ham team being announced over the tannoy. "Bobby Moore..... Hooray, Harry Rednapp......... Hooray, Pop Robson..... Hooray and Clyde Best.....Booooooo. I was ten years old and remember a laugh going up from the rest of the crowd. I was ten and didn't understand what was going on. Looking back I really didn't but there's no way a young lad of that age isn't going to be influenced by that. I remember thinking it was strange because they were booing their own player but thinking it must have been funny because everybody was laughing. It was confusing but by the time Paul Cannoville came along I was well aware of the racist views held not just by Chelsea fans but other groups of fans as well. I remember hearing to and not arguing with some of the appalling views being spouted around but always maintained a healthy level of skepticism when it came to really believing them. After all how can you hate one of your own players. It just doesn't make sense.

Racism was tolerated in our wider society and it was only towards the end of the eighties that it began to change. Our country has a history of racism and to this day we are still in that change that started in the late 80's. There have always been good people in our society but they weren't always in a majority and only now are we trying to eradicate the final vestiges of racism. It may be the hardest challenge yet but the BLM movement must really have opened a few more eyes.

21 hours ago, ddrblue said:

Would like to know when that photo was taken  it must be a chelsea v Arsenal game looking at all the different bits  he has for sale ,but what possesed anyone to come up with a chelsea/Celtic half/ half ski hat > when you look deeper into this you can go to various outlets who will print off whatever scarfs ,t shirts etc etc but the mimimun number they will print up is 120 ish from my memory > hence to say they wont waste time of funds doing 20/30 bits . 

I'm guessing that this was before the Chelsea/Rangers thing really got off the ground, wouldn't have found me wearing either one though, not unless somebody was selling a Chelsea/Partick Thistle number.

16 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Chelsea/Celtic half/ half ski hats were also on sale roughly 1973 to  1975, same time as tartan scarfs. Never had a hat but still got my tartan scarf with a round original lion crest sew on badge.

CALL the cops > neee norrrr neeeee norrrr kneeee nawww > Tartan scarfs with cfc crest sew on badge 1973 - 1975 > hope iam way off with this but that tartan scarfs please dont tell me its owt to do with this lot > 

2 hours ago, MKBlue said:

I'm guessing that this was before the Chelsea/Rangers thing really got off the ground, wouldn't have found me wearing either one though, not unless somebody was selling a Chelsea/Partick Thistle number.

That chelsea v rangers braford fire disaster friendly game was may 1984  if iam correct ,and did the chelsea/rangers connection gain traction after that game ? 

7 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

That chelsea v rangers braford fire disaster friendly game was may 1984  if iam correct ,and did the chelsea/rangers connection gain traction after that game ? 

When I was at secondary school up here in the West of Scotland. 1979-1984. There was only one other person who had Chelsea as their favourite English team.

Most went for Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spuds,  Forest, Ipswich and I remember  there was one Watford fan !  
Many Celtic supporters who I knew had Man Utd as their favourite English team back then.

I do remember there were many Chelsea/ Rangers ski hats worn at  Rangers games back in the mid 1980s.    Hope this helps.  

7 hours ago, Andy North said:

I suspect I'm a bit older than you and remember National Front cards being handed out in the old Northstand terrace. Looking back there were certain fans who had been influenced by extreme political activists. Today you might call it grooming. It only takes a few activists to make it the latest thing and before you knew it a sizable section of the travelling fan-base were using racism as their call to arms. At the time many didn't consider the impact of their actions and went with the flow. 

I remember going away to West Ham with my father in 71/72 and hearing the old North Banks reaction to the West Ham team being announced over the tannoy. "Bobby Moore..... Hooray, Harry Rednapp......... Hooray, Pop Robson..... Hooray and Clyde Best.....Booooooo. I was ten years old and remember a laugh going up from the rest of the crowd. I was ten and didn't understand what was going on. Looking back I really didn't but there's no way a young lad of that age isn't going to be influenced by that. I remember thinking it was strange because they were booing their own player but thinking it must have been funny because everybody was laughing. It was confusing but by the time Paul Cannoville came along I was well aware of the racist views held not just by Chelsea fans but other groups of fans as well. I remember hearing to and not arguing with some of the appalling views being spouted around but always maintained a healthy level of skepticism when it came to really believing them. After all how can you hate one of your own players. It just doesn't make sense.

Racism was tolerated in our wider society and it was only towards the end of the eighties that it began to change. Our country has a history of racism and to this day we are still in that change that started in the late 80's. There have always been good people in our society but they weren't always in a majority and only now are we trying to eradicate the final vestiges of racism. It may be the hardest challenge yet but the BLM movement must really have opened a few more eyes.

Interesting perspective mate. When I was going to SB at the height of the casual era racism was not hard to find. I never felt comfortable with it but I also never spoke up against it. I like to think I would now and have done so. I had an iffy situation once involving some West Ham near Paddington and two black Chelsea lads heckled me. Regardless of colour we were one, we were Chelsea and that is the way it should be.

43 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Chelsea/Celtic half/ half ski hats were also on sale roughly 1973 to  1975, same time as tartan scarfs. Never had a hat but still got my tartan scarf with a round original lion crest sew on badge.

CALL the cops > neee norrrr neeeee norrrr kneeee nawww > Tartan scarfs with cfc crest sew on badge 1973 - 1975 > hope iam way off with this but that tartan scarfs please dont tell me its owt to do with this lot > 

They were just another fantastic fashion item like Butchers coats, donkey Jackets, silk scarfs bovver boots and the like.