Jump to content

Vintage Blues pictures and film


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Swan said:

Interesting perspective mate. When I was going to SB at the height of the casual era racism was not hard to find. I never felt comfortable with it but I also never spoke up against it. I like to think I would now and have done so. I had an iffy situation once involving some West Ham near Paddington and two black Chelsea lads helped me. Regardless of colour we were one, we were Chelsea and that is the way it should be.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, The Swan said:

 

The NF tried its upmost to gain Numbers to join it ranks from SB on matchdays by having quite a few NF members selling the bulldog outside Fulham Broadway and down Fulham Road to the ground . I would buy the bulldog for sole purpose that it had a hooligan chart on the very back page >  iam sure many others bought it for same reason and chelsea was allways at the top of it ,i never really took much notice of the other parts of the paper .

What the NF failed to do was to Get untold chelsea fans attending any march that the NF planed in London area > there was many 1000s of fans at stamford bridge on any given saturdays ,and the NF could only pull 200/300 from all its network on any given London march > hence to say hoards from the chelsea matchday crowd was not attending NF march days .

i never ever really heard or felt there was any sort of NF grooming going on at chelsea games ,there was the racial treatment that Paul Cavonille got from quite a few chelsea fans at Grimsby away game ,and i recall an away game in London Palace i think and we was all on the station after the game and i herad one chap chant ‘’ i dont like darkies who does ‘’ > there was no reaction to the chant as in for or against it as everyone just kept on milling about on the platform .

i dont ever recall chelsea fans throwing bannas onto the pitch at black players which happened at lpool,Everton and westham . 
 

on a side note  and differnt matter ,i cant recall where i got this info from either fellow chelsea fans or a News item > the Iran embassy seige was in its whatever day and Hickmot got a group of chelsea lads one saturday to nip off to said embassy to offer their services ? Can somebody please help me out with this one ? 
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

984c10ec34f8ccf097dbea6cb3a87aba.jpg

Not sure of the season but would guess mid 1960s based on the hairstyles. Chopper looks like a squaddie.

 

14991137852_ee69b9da8e_b.jpg

I think this was the November 1973 2-2 draw. Chelsea were 2-0 up and coasting but we scored two late goals to take a point.

 

15406478496_1448bbb8a4_b.jpg

Ex-Chelsea man Tommy Baldwin turned out for us a few times. I think the opponents here are Forest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stretford Ender said:

984c10ec34f8ccf097dbea6cb3a87aba.jpg

Not sure of the season but would guess mid 1960s based on the hairstyles. Chopper looks like a squaddie.

 

14991137852_ee69b9da8e_b.jpg

I think this was the November 1973 2-2 draw. Chelsea were 2-0 up and coasting but we scored two late goals to take a point.

 

15406478496_1448bbb8a4_b.jpg

Ex-Chelsea man Tommy Baldwin turned out for us a few times. I think the opponents here are Forest.

Well there's something I've learned today, had no idea that Tommy Baldwin played at OT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never knew that TB turned out for the mancs either ,but saying that iam throwing my age into this as my defence and fact that i was born in the 1950s that would have given me a footing to have watched TB .

i will throw this FACT into the fray > Kerry dixon was manager at doncaster rovers for a short period 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ddrblue said:

I never knew that TB turned out for the mancs either ,but saying that iam throwing my age into this as my defence and fact that i was born in the 1950s that would have given me a footing to have watched TB .

i will throw this FACT into the fray > Kerry dixon was manager at doncaster rovers for a short period 

Wasn't against Doncaster that he scored 4 or 5 goals once for Reading, and still finished up on the losing side

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MKBlue said:

Wasn't against Doncaster that he scored 4 or 5 goals once for Reading, and still finished up on the losing side

Yes doncaster rovers 7 reading 5 and dixon got 4 for reading . When he brought the donny team into the local pub for a race night which helped bring in money for DRFC and the players were used as staff selling the bets on whatever horses , i was sat having a few ales with Kerry and he mentioned that 4 goal game in question 

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Londons Finest said:

Must admit Stretford Ender do like your posts too. His name is Tommy Baldwin hes the leader of the team...what team....

Hope we stuff you this weekend though. Sorry cant stand that cheat and dirty bar steward Mcguire.......how the hell does he play for England.

Thats Odd is that because when Mr. Stretford ender pointed out that TB used play for the mancs and i read his post early on today ,i have been chanting that Tommy Baldwin chant > the finest football team that the World has ever seen ,weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere .....

 

i cant Get the chant out of me head and been chanting it all night now ,Even the cat is looking pissed off with me ,must be a manc cat of sorts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Mark Hughes

I remember being delighted and surprised when we signed Mark Hughes from Man Utd back in the summer of 1995.

That game against vicenza (spell check ) when Mr.huges brought the ball down from a massiv punt up the field from degoy ( spell check ) to turn the vicennza ( fcuk it ) CB insideout and upside down and back to front ,to then slam the ball Home was mind blowing . I swear half the ground was up in goal celebration before the ball hit the net > and i have never heard a atmosphere so electric during and after a match at SB in the limited games that attended at the Bridge . 
 

i allways recall me mam calling me phone just after sparky scored ,she allways called me phone during football games just to check my well being and give me a scarboro warning ,but me mam just asked us to place me phone up in the air so she could enjoy the moment > the hairs on my arms are standing up when typing this > 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I could easily be proven wrong but I think Mark Hughes was the best Utd player we ever bought. Maybe I should rephrase that by saying he was the most effective player we ever bought from Utd. He was immense in his hold up play and scored some real screamers. 

The crowd loved him and even developed a Manc accent when they chanted "Hugheseh, Hugheseh, Hugheseh".

I remember when Veron signed and scored that goal against Liverpool at Anfield. I thought we had bought a real gem but he only made 7 starts and fell away with injuries. Perhaps one of the worst signings ever.

Is there a duality with Utd? I think we have similar feelings about how our respective teams should play. Both clubs are glamour clubs and going back to Besty they have a reputation for playing open attacking football. They even had a spell in the old second division around the time of our dodgy spell. There are also links with 3 Chelsea managers going on to manage Utd.

Hope we stuff them this weekend.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2020 at 21:22, ddrblue said:

The NF tried its upmost to gain Numbers to join it ranks from SB on matchdays by having quite a few NF members selling the bulldog outside Fulham Broadway and down Fulham Road to the ground . I would buy the bulldog for sole purpose that it had a hooligan chart on the very back page >  iam sure many others bought it for same reason and chelsea was allways at the top of it ,i never really took much notice of the other parts of the paper .

What the NF failed to do was to Get untold chelsea fans attending any march that the NF planed in London area > there was many 1000s of fans at stamford bridge on any given saturdays ,and the NF could only pull 200/300 from all its network on any given London march > hence to say hoards from the chelsea matchday crowd was not attending NF march days .

i never ever really heard or felt there was any sort of NF grooming going on at chelsea games ,there was the racial treatment that Paul Cavonille got from quite a few chelsea fans at Grimsby away game ,and i recall an away game in London Palace i think and we was all on the station after the game and i herad one chap chant ‘’ i dont like darkies who does ‘’ > there was no reaction to the chant as in for or against it as everyone just kept on milling about on the platform .

i dont ever recall chelsea fans throwing bannas onto the pitch at black players which happened at lpool,Everton and westham . 
 

on a side note  and differnt matter ,i cant recall where i got this info from either fellow chelsea fans or a News item > the Iran embassy seige was in its whatever day and Hickmot got a group of chelsea lads one saturday to nip off to said embassy to offer their services ? Can somebody please help me out with this one ? 
 

 

 

i did explained about the iranian embassy meet on here before. as i was there, but it was mainly a meet to have it with the left and there supporters,  funny evening 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, oldnorthstand said:

i did explained about the iranian embassy meet on here before. as i was there, but it was mainly a meet to have it with the left and there supporters,  funny evening 

Thanks for clearing that up for us oldnorthstand fella . I cant recall where i heard or read that third party info about hickmot and other chelsea chaps made their way to the Iran embassy > and thats as far as my info or memory is at > i guess i type of put 2+2 to think you was all going there to the embassy ,but that idea or thought never really sat 100% with us due to the security around the embassy and all approach roads etc etc .

Now that you have told us it was to confront the left wing nut Jobs back then it all fits into place and my mind is now at ease and understanding .

i only wish a mob of serious chelsea and like minded  dust them sens down and confront whatever left wing protest today to take the piss ,put my name on that list as a foot soldier fella and i will supply the obas oil to help blind the left 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ddrblue said:

That game against vicenza (spell check ) when Mr.huges brought the ball down from a massiv punt up the field from degoy ( spell check ) to turn the vicennza ( fcuk it ) CB insideout and upside down and back to front ,to then slam the ball Home was mind blowing . I swear half the ground was up in goal celebration before the ball hit the net > and i have never heard a atmosphere so electric during and after a match at SB in the limited games that attended at the Bridge . 
 

i allways recall me mam calling me phone just after sparky scored ,she allways called me phone during football games just to check my well being and give me a scarboro warning ,but me mam just asked us to place me phone up in the air so she could enjoy the moment > the hairs on my arms are standing up when typing this > 

 

I was in the MHU that night and had a great view of Hughes' goal. As soon as he hit it you knew it was going in. A great header by Zola as well. As you say, the atmosphere was brilliant.

I was in a club before a game at Wembley ( I can't remember which game). The club was Chelsea only and Tommy Baldwin was there. His song was sung and a big smile appeared on Tommy's face.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!