Vintage Blues pictures and film

Trebor backwards is Robert ...just a thought ,anyway the real question is how did it only take him 4 weeks to build the east stand out of matches !!

it takes me two weeks to find a box of matches ,a further week to find any glue then with my first attempt to glue two matches together i glue my fingers together which takes a further week to separate so im four weeks in and done bugger all but Bob builds a nearly full size replica in that time!

Edited by F1905
3 hours ago, Richard P said:

Still working at the ground!

There used to be an old fella who followed England around. He wore a top hat, rosettes, the works. I remember seeing him at Wembley for England games back in the early 70s and he must have been at least 65 then.  City had an old dear that used to ring a bloody bell at their games.  They even dragged her out to do a lap of honour when they won the League Cup in 76. She must be dead and gone by now too. 

Edit: The England fan was Ken Bailey (looked him up). He followed the rugby too and was responsible for covering up the charming Erica Roe when she bared all at Twickenham. 

Edited by Stretford Ender
9 hours ago, fitz said:

November 1914 four months after the declaration of the start of World War I, Colonel Burn M.P. appeals for recruits from the crowd at Stamford Bridge.

RLXIQUm.png

A great picture, thanks for posting. Have found this about Chelsea players who served in WW1

https://www.footballandthefirstworldwar.org/chelsea-players-first-world-war/

13 hours ago, Stretford Ender said:

There used to be an old fella who followed England around. He wore a top hat, rosettes, the works. I remember seeing him at Wembley for England games back in the early 70s and he must have been at least 65 then.  City had an old dear that used to ring a bloody bell at their games.  They even dragged her out to do a lap of honour when they won the League Cup in 76. She must be dead and gone by now too. 

Edit: The England fan was Ken Bailey (looked him up). He followed the rugby too and was responsible for covering up the charming Erica Roe when she bared all at Twickenham. 

Ken Bailey The England Fan Im sure got done for Kiddy Fiddling makes you wonder ,I remember Bob could really miss him with his homemade scarf suit anyone remember the guy in the 80s when you got thru The Shed turnstyles "20p your Lottery get your Chelsea Lottery tickets" now he went everywhere well at least the Chelsea Specials as he would go up and down the train selling them .

1 hour ago, Walnuts said:

Ken Bailey The England Fan Im sure got done for Kiddy Fiddling makes you wonder ,I remember Bob could really miss him with his homemade scarf suit anyone remember the guy in the 80s when you got thru The Shed turnstyles "20p your Lottery get your Chelsea Lottery tickets" now he went everywhere well at least the Chelsea Specials as he would go up and down the train selling them .

There's nothing online about him being a nonce.

363-2.jpg

March 1963. FA Cup 5th round. Games were played three weeks later than usual because of the big freeze of that year. United won 2-1 with goals from Law and Quixall. Dennis Sorrell scored for Chelsea.  Terry Venables played along with Bobby Tambling and Eddie McCreadie. Johnny Giles played for us in midfield. Shame we couldn't keep hold of him. 

9 hours ago, Walnuts said:

Remember him top of the stairs Shed main entrance, think he had a moustache. Mind you I think the bloke with the monkey nuts had one as well!!

5 hours ago, Stretford Ender said:

363-2.jpg

March 1963. FA Cup 5th round. Games were played three weeks later than usual because of the big freeze of that year. United won 2-1 with goals from Law and Quixall. Dennis Sorrell scored for Chelsea.  Terry Venables played along with Bobby Tambling and Eddie McCreadie. Johnny Giles played for us in midfield. Shame we couldn't keep hold of him. 

Sadly Quixall died today. Remember him playing for Oldham.