Vintage Blues pictures and film

1 hour ago, Richard P said:

Like you, I’ve been a season ticket holder for many years. Up in the M H U you get used to seeing everybody around where we sit as it’s all season ticket holders. A lot of people sat  in the old west stand with me before transferring over when it was knocked down. 

Like you have been in contact with friends but it’s not the same as match day.

Yes, been in the MHU since the old West Stand closed down and with a few exceptions it's the same people around me. Will be great to see them again. See you when we're allowed back in the Bridge.

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

Reserve game 79 don't remember the bit between the tea bar and the west being shut. Maybe maintenance by builders home game every two weeks gave you enough time to take down and put it up again ?.

EmphT12W8AEQhSF.jpg

EmphUeKXcAAhCr-.jpg

They had to update the steps and the barriers before the start of the 78/79 season as the GLC would have closed the terraces on safety grounds. They left the sections by the floodlights and I think they did the tea bar during the season.

1 hour ago, Richard P said:

They had to update the steps and the barriers before the start of the 78/79 season as the GLC would have closed the terraces on safety grounds. They left the sections by the floodlights and I think they did the tea bar during the season.

I remember that but I don't remember the closed bit by the tea bar and I don't think it was ever shut matchday, although I posted a picture against Oldham last game of the season 1980 and I don't remember it being shut then although it was 40 years ago !. I'll have a look and see if I've got the pic.

Edited by bluehaze
30 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

I remember that but I don't remember the closed bit by the tea bar and I don't think it was ever shut matchday, although I posted a picture against Oldham last game of the season 1980 and I don't remember it being shut then although it was 40 years ago !. I'll have a look and see if I've got the pic.

It must have been done before 80/81 season think that area was packed for the early game against spammers. Remember trouble over that way

7 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Reserve game 79 don't remember the bit between the tea bar and the west being shut. Maybe maintenance by builders home game every two weeks gave you enough time to take down and put it up again ?.

We used to close down a lot of the ground for reserve team games back in the day. Chelsea might have done the same?