Vintage Blues pictures and film

Carshalton Blue

Looking back at some of these pics is great nostalgia for me...such a shame age creeps ..from my first game as a 12 yr old shedboy to the very sporadic visits now, my memories of pre seated cfc excite me, but sadden me for they are no more.going to my first match away from the bridge at spurs was day to excite any blue tho we lost 1 0...my first away away game at ipswich...chelsea supporters club coach in fulham rd pickup...and from then on as i got older being in my own group going around the country to many many nice and not so jolly places....being so excited that i couldnt sleep the nite before a match....going to matches away anyway we could...money or no money...good weather bad weather....cars coaches hitch hiking bunking trains....anyway anyhow...meeting over the years. Mr Greenaway....Babbs....Harkins...Hickey and the hundreds of good true lads that would mostly have viking days out away from home....the ladies ive been privilaged to meet....both chelsea and away ladies...one i still talk to on the phone now...mrs susan harris swfc...

The travel...the booze ups....the terrace antics....all pushed aside by the sterile atmospheres of many grounds....but also of aging body and mind...whereas this teen wouldnt think twice of hitching from london to cardiff unwell and with a high tempreture, this old bod feels threatened by where he may sit in the stand because loo visits every 10 mins are not compatable and embarasing....tee shirt n jeans on a cold day out are no more...as the gust of wind threatens to blow my last 7 hairs this way and that...and drops of rain may severely cause head damage.....i may turn up at a final....i may still hate spurs....but feet up with a cup of cocoa tv on is an old bods pleasure....

Or is it

On 25/02/2021 at 11:52, bluehaze said:

Ahh the football special these are Chelsea fans no one 100% what game York 76 has been mentioned.

EVG7-qPU0AEw9gE.jpg

It looks like an alcohol free train. No beer, freezing cold or boiling hot usually the former, disgusting toilets, and optional bricks through the windows.  I preferred the normal service trains myself. If you caught an early one you arrived in Scouse land or wherever with plenty of time to get tanked up before the game!

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

B/W photo Dave Bedford, Jimmy Greaves and Hill, David Frost, don't know and I think Tom Courtenay.

Aha that explains it as the chaps in the suits behind the players look to me like B category (or maybe C if there is such a thing) actors.

2 hours ago, bluehaze said:

B/W photo Dave Bedford, Jimmy Greaves and Hill, David Frost, don't know and I think Tom Courtenay.

I think the guy with the jacket is Bryan Forbes the actor and director. I'll need to check but I think the picture was taken in an estate in Bermondsey as I'm sure the picture was posted in one of the Bermondsey forums on Facebook. The bloke in the dark suit behind the players organised the event. Will see if I can find out his name.

15 minutes ago, Boyne said:

I think the guy with the jacket is Bryan Forbes the actor and director. I'll need to check but I think the picture was taken in an estate in Bermondsey as I'm sure the picture was posted in one of the Bermondsey forums on Facebook. The bloke in the dark suit behind the players organised the event. Will see if I can find out his name.

I've taken a look on Wiki and looks like you are right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Forbes

25 minutes ago, Boyne said:

It is him.  I'm not 100% sure that is Dave Bedford obviously pre droopy tash and long hair more confident about Tom Courtenay pretty sure it's him.

On 26/02/2021 at 09:39, bluehaze said:

Probably the weirdest thing I've ever posted ladies and gentlemen I give you the West Stand bogs. There's no point saying it wouldn't be allowed today that's a given but it does show how little football fans were catered for back in the day. 

EuRysp_XEAoNWf0.jpg

I remember queueing to get into Cambridge United stadium in Feb 1984. Chelsea fans had the whole side of the ground and people were pissing against the corrugated iron wall at the back. As you entered the turnstiles you had to dodge the piss as it flooded down from above. At Chelsea who could forget the Bovril gate urinals, regularly ankle deep...