Jump to content

Vintage Blues pictures and film


Recommended Posts


16 minutes ago, donnyblue said:

If i was a betting man or playing poker,i go all in with my chips,that that is the 5-0 against the Yorkshire YRA ? 

Possibly later than the 5-0 game in late April 1984.

April 1989 - Football League Division Two - Chelsea v Leeds United - Kerry Dixon of Chelsea.

This picture from Getty Images gives a date of 22nd April 1989.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cfcwomble said:

 

Man sold his herd of cows just before mad cow disease struck UK. Lucky Bar steward him.. and is generally a fairly despicable character as the guy giving the two finger salute will probably attest to. 

Ken bates, tax exile, nasty piece of work former Leeds chairman. wonder if he'll be watching from Monaco. 

1223227841_kenbatesfingersalute.pdf 2.77 MB · 1 download

See the source image

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cfcwomble said:

 

Man sold his herd of cows just before mad cow disease struck UK. Lucky Bar steward him.. and is generally a fairly despicable character as the guy giving the two finger salute will probably attest to. 

Ken bates, tax exile, nasty piece of work former Leeds chairman. wonder if he'll be watching from Monaco. 

1223227841_kenbatesfingersalute.pdf 2.77 MB · 2 downloads

Whats wrong with Ken Bates ? If was not for uncle Ken its fair to say chelsea might not be where they are today . 
Dont you recall the save the bridge days at CFC ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Donny. He's a panto villain imo. Personally cant stand him given what he said after Harding's death, was in earshot of it to. He did take on debts, but he did profit from the club without investing much of his own wealth into it, and if it wasn't for the Russian, we'd have probably gone the way of todays team Leeds and into administration like them who had also taken a Eurobond loan or whatever it was called.  we do have the CPO, we do have the club, he is credited with keeping us alive, but dont mean I have to like him or what he stands for. But then all decent business people are ruthless sh*ts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cfcwomble said:

Donny. He's a panto villain imo. Personally cant stand him given what he said after Harding's death, was in earshot of it to. He did take on debts, but he did profit from the club without investing much of his own wealth into it, and if it wasn't for the Russian, we'd have probably gone the way of todays team Leeds and into administration like them who had also taken a Eurobond loan or whatever it was called.  we do have the CPO, we do have the club, he is credited with keeping us alive, but dont mean I have to like him or what he stands for. But then all decent business people are ruthless sh*ts. 

So you dont think that Bates did not do a good job saving Stamford Bridge Grounds and getting Mears and Co off the board  who if iam correct wanted to 

sell SB due to its High vaule in SW6 . 
 

I cant quite understand why anyone should have grips with Bates over spuds ? Saying that iam not into farming and things like that tbh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, donnyblue said:

I cant quite understand why anyone should have grips with Bates over spuds ? Saying that iam not into farming and things like that tbh 

No idea what the above means, as for farming vertical and urban is here and already feeding us. 

Mears and co before my time mate. Was In primary school in Chelsea when we got promoted, all the kids on the playground wanted to be Kerry Dixon... 

To be clear. Bates did save the ground, but in trying to profit from the club, he nearly put us in bankruptcy until the Russian mafia bought us. It's been quite a ride since then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cfcwomble said:

No idea what the above means, as for farming vertical and urban is here and already feeding us. 

Mears and co before my time mate. Was In primary school in Chelsea when we got promoted, all the kids on the playground wanted to be Kerry Dixon... 

To be clear. Bates did save the ground, but in trying to profit from the club, he nearly put us in bankruptcy until the Russian mafia bought us. It's been quite a ride since then. 

I miss read panto villian as potato villian in your post ,hence  why i used the term spud .

Yes Bates did leave CFC in a bit of a mess ,but if he had not done the ground work when he bought the clubs debut for £1 ,you

seem not to recall  that Chelsea was in serious financial  trouble when Bates bought the debt as mentioned above .

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am well aware the club were in a financial mess. As far as I was aware Ken didnt take on any of the debt himself, it was all in the clubs name. which is why there was that feud between Harding and him and the direction of the club. Does he still own his flat at the ground? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cfcwomble said:

No idea what the above means, as for farming vertical and urban is here and already feeding us. 

Mears and co before my time mate. Was In primary school in Chelsea when we got promoted, all the kids on the playground wanted to be Kerry Dixon... 

To be clear. Bates did save the ground, but in trying to profit from the club, he nearly put us in bankruptcy until the Russian mafia bought us. It's been quite a ride since then. 

My final word on you mate the spud is because it's blatantly obvious your a Spurs fan. You hate Chelsea anyone can see it Roman is loved by Chelsea fans and never referred to as the Russian or the Russian Mafia. I was no fan of Bates but you hate him simply because he's Chelsea you have no Chelsea stories just random crap that you've obviously lifted from Google. Are you going to tell us about your exploits about being in the middle tier of the East Stand and what promotion are you talking about 84 or 89.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, erskblue said:

Possibly later than the 5-0 game in late April 1984.

April 1989 - Football League Division Two - Chelsea v Leeds United - Kerry Dixon of Chelsea.

This picture from Getty Images gives a date of 22nd April 1989.

 

 

 

That looks right based on our kit and the players. I think we won that game 1-0 and confirmed promotion. I remember it being packed in the shed that day

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely the 89 game, behind King Kerry is the Elephant known as Peter Nicholas, why we bought him I have no idea, might have been a Porterfield or Campbell buy.  Drank in the Black Bull before the match and everyone piled out onto the pavement when the Leeds coaches arrived, the abuse was off the scale.  Jonny B scored the winner.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry that this section got into an argument zone which never happens normally but @cfcwomble was a Spurs fan trying to take the piss and I couldn't have that myself and @yorkleyblue had him sussed almost from post one from him. Anyway as we sang at White Fart Lane when we were 4-0 up against them after losing to them 5-1 a few days previous normal service is resumed. :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Sorry that this section got into an argument zone which never happens normally but @cfcwomble was a Spurs fan trying to take the piss and I couldn't have that myself and @yorkleyblue had him sussed almost from post one from him. Anyway as we sang at White Fart Lane when we were 4-0 up against them after losing to them 5-1 a few days previous normal service is resumed. :smile:

For the life of me  why would a fan from a local rival or any other team Get kicks out of trawling the other teams fans forum with a big sh*te stick ?

There is a Manc who posts  quite interesting stuff on here thats more than interesting .

Somebody gave me a private pm about cfcwomble been from north London etc etc . 
 

As the saying goes ‘’ another one bites the dust ‘’

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!