Vintage Blues pictures and film

Carshalton Blue

For those on Twitter you should follow @ CFCHistory a lot of great old pictures there.

BH65FK2CYAAgN8L.jpg

Just had a look on there, some good pics though i'm sure some of em have come from this thread!(not that it matters)

I'm still looking for the pic of us at Pompey in 84 from the Barnsley programme.. :sad:

There's this on eBay, £4.99 free delivery, if that helps:

Chelsea v Barnsley 7th May 1984 Division 2

Thanks mate, i've got the programme myself but not a scanner anymore so cant scan the pic in, its frustrating as i had the pic as a signature on another forum but thats been shut down now & before i had a chance to get the pic off.

Cracking picture (from many on this thread) from a day that will always live in the memory.

Talking of memories......err, what was I saying? ......oh yeah.If my crusty old grey cells are working correctly,I distinctly remember a firework (possibly a

banger) being set off just after Man-with-the Mullet Paul Mariner had given the arse the lead.

Or maybe not?.

At least I can remember Mariner's mullet.

Thing is,I'm 100% sure I have a 'The Big Match' video recording of this game (with the late Brian Moore) doing the commentry that might confirm this (the firework not the mullet) but, I'm 100% sure i've no idea where it is. 

It's probably dust by now anyhow,but as I have another bet on it, I would be gratefull if anyone else's could confirm this did indeed happen.

Cheers.

Just played the clip and you're right, there was a loud banger let off soon after Mariner's goal - they were actually showing the slow motion replay when the banger went off.

I dunno, the things I do for people, having to watch an Arsenal goal - and not just an Arsenal goal, but one by that c*nt Mariner, I hate that arrogant bleeder so much! Hope you collect your winnings, mate! :JC_doubleup:

Just played the clip and you're right, there was a loud banger let off soon after Mariner's goal - they were actually showing the slow motion replay when the banger went off.

I dunno, the things I do for people, having to watch an Arsenal goal - and not just an Arsenal goal, but one by that c*nt Mariner, I hate that arrogant bleeder so much! Hope you collect your winnings, mate! :JC_doubleup:

Cheers for your help BB much, appreciated mate.

I agree with you about Mariner plus, I always thought Brian Talbot was a bit of a w**ker to!.

As fate would have it and thanks to a leaking water tank,I found the video (Amoungst others) in a large old box up in the attic today.

I also found what looks like a few Scandinavian detective films called Swedish 'Private' ( I guess the 'Eye' word was missing from the cover).I'll give them a good bashing later on that's for sure.

Still,at least going into that dark,dank,dusty loft full of old tat that hasn't seen the light in years, gave me a good idea what the inside of West Ham's trophy room must look like.

By the way mate,just a question,but how did you find out?.

Thanks mate, i've got the programme myself but not a scanner anymore so cant scan the pic in, its frustrating as i had the pic as a signature on another forum but thats been shut down now & before i had a chance to get the pic off.

I haven't checked but I'm 99% sure I'll have the programme in my collection and I have a scanner to boot. So........ leave it with me and I'll see what I can sort out if ya like !

Cheers for your help BB much, appreciated mate.

I agree with you about Mariner plus, I always thought Brian Talbot was a bit of a w**ker to!.

As fate would have it and thanks to a leaking water tank,I found the video (Amoungst others) in a large old box up in the attic today.

I also found what looks like a few Scandinavian detective films called Swedish 'Private' ( I guess the 'Eye' word was missing from the cover).I'll give them a good bashing later on that's for sure.

Still,at least going into that dark,dank,dusty loft full of old tat that hasn't seen the light in years, gave me a good idea what the inside of West Ham's trophy room must look like.

By the way mate,just a question,but how did you find out?.

I've got loads of Chelsea clips from the early 60's to recent times. I used to have a lot of them on YouTube but got threatened with legal action over a couple of them, so I took them all down.

I've got loads of Chelsea clips from the early 60's to recent times. I used to have a lot of them on YouTube but got threatened with legal action over a couple of them, so I took them all down.

I never really thought to look on youtube because I thought it was just to long ago!.....what a knumbskull.

One question though mate, if I found something of interest on these old videos, (apart from the ancient Swedish smut),if ( a big if) I could record it onto a CDR disc & then onto the PC's hard drive,if I posted it on hear, would I break some copyright laws or something?.

Cheers.

I never really thought to look on youtube because I thought it was just to long ago!.....what a knumbskull.

One question though mate, if I found something of interest on these old videos, (apart from the ancient Swedish smut),if ( a big if) I could record it onto a CDR disc & then onto the PC's hard drive,if I posted it on hear, would I break some copyright laws or something?.

Cheers.

I think it depends on the source of the file you upload. The problems I had concerned more recent clips than the old stuff, but I just took the lot down just in case. If you find some good old stuff maybe you should upload it and see what happens - I'm pretty sure they always give a warning first before taking any action. Thinking about it, I might sort out some older stuff and post it on YouTube again, I've only got 18 clips up now (BlueBeard70).

Edited by BlueBeard

This the one you're on about I guess CB.

For some reason the quality has taken a nose dive, don't ever remember us playing on a black pitch!!

If you'd like a better version drop me your email and I'll send over the actual jpeg.

cfc0001.jpg

Thats the one mate, its excellent thanks alot for posting it.

Its one of my favourite pics, football & us fans in a different world back then, love it.

Thats the one mate, its excellent thanks alot for posting it.

Its one of my favourite pics, football & us fans in a different world back then, love it.

Couldn't agree more, they sure were happy days!

There was 40 or so of us in the seats giving it large vocals that day and when I looked to my right that picture was what I saw, f**king excellent.

Couldn't agree more, they sure were happy days!

There was 40 or so of us in the seats giving it large vocals that day and when I looked to my right that picture was what I saw, f**king excellent.

How many Chelsea there do you reckon mate? prog said 11,000, a Pompey bod said that end held about 8/9,000 so we had 3/2000 in the seats going by that.

How many Chelsea there do you reckon mate? prog said 11,000, a Pompey bod said that end held about 8/9,000 so we had 3/2000 in the seats going by that.

My memory isn't that great these days so I'm struggling, but the picture shows the away end packed and our coach of 40 something couldn't have been the only ones in the seats. Only reason I say that is because we were vocal before and all through the game and there was no trouble so with that logic there had to be more than just us 40 odd. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 11,000+ as our away support that year was awesome. I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread, our second league game of that season down at Brighton, f**king thousands of us packed into that sh*t hole of a ground. I remember a guy telling me that his feet barely touched the floor for most of the second half being that we were packed in so tight.

Still.... there's nothing quite like a day at the seaside :biggrin:

I remember the Brighton game we went down early by train  that morning and all every one was talking about what happen the night before.

I can remember after we had a few pints in the the town center we made our way to the ground and it was a very long walk.

Once at the ground we decided to stand on the side terraces because the end behind the goal was packed we were surprise how many were also in the seats and also

on the side terraces.

I must amit after the game when we invaded the pitch I could not be bovid to clime over fences.

We decided to get a bus back to the station because it was the walk and we notice there were a few little running battles. 

Those were great days you would never see away supports like that again.

I remember the Brighton game we went down early by train  that morning and all every one was talking about what happen the night before.

I can remember after we had a few pints in the the town center we made our way to the ground and it was a very long walk.

Once at the ground we decided to stand on the side terraces because the end behind the goal was packed we were surprise how many were also in the seats and also

on the side terraces.

I must amit after the game when we invaded the pitch I could not be bovid to clime over fences.

We decided to get a bus back to the station because it was the walk and we notice there were a few little running battles. 

Those were great days you would never see away supports like that again.

I remember it well for a different reason. I skilfully managed to lock myself out of my car and had to rely on the local plod to utilise their black arts to get me back into it, didn't tell them that I'd yet to pass my test though. Still got back to Pimlico to drop my mate off within 2 hours of the game ending though.

Shot Of The Day nicked from the official site:

5531597987_9f2630ff1c_z.jpg

And on the vaguely related subject of nickings, who's that there with the West Yorkshire Constabulary in not so hot pursuit? Why it's none other than my good self. So which one is me? That would be telling!

Leeds v Chelsea 70s

BHXytIsCIAAsor-.jpg

Great flicking through this thread and seeing some classic photo's and video's. Some I can remember vividly A lot are before my time(or in some cases I was only knee high to a grasshopper) but still great to bask in the nostalgia, 

Found this on twitter https://twitter.com/CFCHistory

He's always uploading new pictures, worth a look.

Edited by Scooby Blue

. So which one is me? That would be telling!

[/quote I will ave a punt

51832757.png

btw thats another £3 quid you just but in that northern c**t pocket

Jesus,is there enough rozzers in that picture?.

Was it triple rate overtime or something?.

You're easy to spot Tommy....you're the one with the stripes on his sleeve :biggrin: .

No comment x 2. No clues either! One reason being that I'm still waiting for replies to a couple of emails sent to people who think they know me from way back when to see if they can spot me.

As for the number of old bill, I've got a feeling that picture was taken during the away ban, in which case we'd have gone up there by Inter City. If I'm right, that gives you a massive clue to just how serious a threat they considered us to be. Funny that, because for the most part, we were just having a laugh.