Vintage Blues pictures and film

21 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

You saw that doco about Admiral that was on ITV Ersk ?. The kit everyone laughed at the brown Coventry away one is like the holy grail now worth serious money.

bluehaze:Yeah I watched it. And agree with you. It is ironic that brown admiral Coventry away one is now worth serious money!😀

Edited by erskblue

7 hours ago, bluehaze said:

You saw that doco about Admiral that was on ITV Ersk ?. The kit everyone laughed at the brown Coventry away one is like the holy grail now worth serious money.

Can’t believe the women that worked there had a say in how the kits looked! 1977/78 seemed to be the start of what we know today. There is footage of teams with the kit logo but know club badge Adidas were like that with Boro and qpr. My first Chelsea shirt was a cotton long sleeve shirt with a badge stitched on and a white number 9 sewn on the back

6 hours ago, Richard P said:

Can’t believe the women that worked there had a say in how the kits looked! 1977/78 seemed to be the start of what we know today. There is footage of teams with the kit logo but know club badge Adidas were like that with Boro and qpr. My first Chelsea shirt was a cotton long sleeve shirt with a badge stitched on and a white number 9 sewn on the back

Didn't you say your mum worked in a sports shop ? cause I'm pretty sure at least where I'm from NW London that some shops only sold certain teams tops you could definitely buy Admiral Wales, Leeds, Man United from one shop but had to go to another shop to buy other stuff including trainers especially Adidas. There was no where I could buy a Chelsea top from a sports shop so I had to go to the supporters shop next to FB station to buy my first one in 77.

Side note on today's game won't mean nothing to our younger fans but what I got pissed off about and something I've never really thought about is when the commentator said Chelsea are in the dark blue shirts. When you think about it it's nothing like the traditional royal blue we were brought up on and as far as I'm concerned the proper the real CFC. I don't care about football tops design but I do care about the traditional colours and dark dark blue we ain't.

9 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Side note on today's game won't mean nothing to our younger fans but what I got pissed off about and something I've never really thought about is when the commentator said Chelsea are in the dark blue shirts. When you think about it it's nothing like the traditional royal blue we were brought up on and as far as I'm concerned the proper the real CFC. I don't care about football tops design but I do care about the traditional colours and dark dark blue we ain't.

bluehaze:Good shout.

9 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Answering my own posts that's a first ! I put in one to many dark at the end there. This is dark blue 

247672_10150261103807658_8089555_n

16 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Didn't you say your mum worked in a sports shop ? cause I'm pretty sure at least where I'm from NW London that some shops only sold certain teams tops you could definitely buy Admiral Wales, Leeds, Man United from one shop but had to go to another shop to buy other stuff including trainers especially Adidas. There was no where I could buy a Chelsea top from a sports shop so I had to go to the supporters shop next to FB station to buy my first one in 77.

Yes Bluehaze. My Mum worked in Beckenham, so Palace are classed as the local team and they were Admiral. The local glory hunters were Liverpool so they stocked that. To be fair from 77-82? the dippers had the same kit apart from when Hitachi appeared on their shirts was the same so keeping stock wasn’t a problem.

your right though, it was quicker to buy from the cabin at the bridge or the shop down by the tube for anything Chelsea.

The Chelsea Reserve squad , circa October 1974. Back row : Dario Gradi , Derek Richardson, Tommy Cunningham, Steve Wicks, Tommy Langley, Kenny Swain,...
Reserve squad (Football Combination League), circa October 1974.
Back row (left-right): Dario Gradi (coach), Derek Richardson, Tommy Cunningham, Steve Wicks,
Tommy Langley, Kenny Swain, John Sissons, Peter Bonetti, Reg Byatt (trainer).
Front row: Ian Britton, Ray Lewington, Les Briley, Marvin Hinton, Brian Bason, Graham Wilkins, Mike Sorensen.
(Photo by Paul Popper/Popperfoto via Getty Images/Getty Images)

Youth Squad also circa Oct 1974.

Back Row.Left to Right. Lee Templeman, Francis Crowley, John Sparrow, Steve Wicks,Tommy Langley,John Jacobs, Trevor Aylott,Paul Hammond, Lee Frost, Danny Goodwin, and Les Briley.

Front Row. Left to Right.David Stride, Ray Wilkins, Ray Lewington, Ken Shellito (Coach),Clive Walker, John Webberley and Jimmy Scanlon

The Chelsea Youth Squad, circa October 1974. Back row : Lee Templeman, Francis Cowley, John Sparrow, Steve Wicks, Tommy Langley, John Jacobs, Trevor...
Apologies if I have got any of the names wrong or these have already been posted.