Vintage Blues pictures and film

Carshalton Blue

3 hours ago, erskblue said:
Caption states it’s v Norwich at The Bridge in May 1985. Hugh Hastings pic.

Chelsea striker Kerry Dixon and team-mate Nigel Spackman causing problems for the Norwich City defence during the Canon League Division One match...

Absolutely pissed down that night never seen anything like it home or away I wasn't at Tromso 😁. If we won we would have qualified for Europe which didn't matter as a few weeks later Heysel happened. If it wasn't the last game of the season it would have been called off as the above picture shows and why the final game of the season was midweek I have no idea.

11 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Absolutely pissed down that night never seen anything like it home or away I wasn't at Tromso 😁. If we won we would have qualified for Europe which didn't matter as a few weeks later Heysel happened. If it wasn't the last game of the season it would have been called off as the above picture shows and why the final game of the season was midweek I have no idea.

Lot of postponed games with cup replays and bad weather that season. Your right with your post though, should never have been played. I was in gate 13 and would have loved to have finished in the European places, even though the dippers would’ve mucked that up anyway.

On 16/10/2021 at 13:44, bluehaze said:

Cardiff 84 not seen these ones before hell of a day on and off the pitch and bloody freezing on that open terrace.

FBzYa4dWQAAZFlD.jpg

FBzYqKfWYAAvPxq.jpg

FBzYiKPXsAMlsAL.jpg

Great day out! I was 15 at the time, in the seats at the side with the terrace in front. There was confusion at the start as Cardiff were in our seats.
Ken Bates was told of the issue and stewards were dealing with it with some assistance from our large contingent!

I’ve mentioned before, look at the game on YouTube and you see by the end of the game the covered home end has emptied and Chelsea celebrate the equaliser.