Any game recommendation?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Did anybody watch the presentation from Google? They are releasing a streaming service called Stadia. Basically, you can stream gameplay on anything.

Streaming gameplay will never really be my thing, I have always felt like it's a downgrade in almost every way. The only benefits I can see from streaming gameplay is the instant access and not being restricted to one device.

Would I give up gaming on my pc for streaming? Not a chance.

You are constantly relying on your internet, which is going to have minor dips every now and then, so that puts me off. Anybody still on ADSL is basically screwed, streaming on ADSL is a horrible experience and not even worth it. Anybody that wants to stream gameplay will need fiber. Latency will be an issue, I don't want to push a button on my controller and notice any delay. Bit rate is another issue, even 4K can look crap if it's compressed. I wouldn't be able to use mods or trainers on a streaming service. 

It just doesn't really excite me, it feels like there are more negatives than positives with a streaming service. I would rather spend £1000 on upgrading my pc than sign up to a game streaming service.

I expect Google and MS are looking at 5g for these new streaming services, the speed and latency are hugely better than 4g and able to handle game streaming easily. 

22 hours ago, dkw said:

I expect Google and MS are looking at 5g for these new streaming services, the speed and latency are hugely better than 4g and able to handle game streaming easily. 

But what mobile company is going to offer unlimited data plans on 5g? Unless you have unlimited data, then I wouldn't touch streaming, especially at 4K, that will eat up all of your data very quickly.

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

But what mobile company is going to offer unlimited data plans on 5g? Unless you have unlimited data, then I wouldn't touch streaming, especially at 4K, that will eat up all of your data very quickly.

Data Plans will change with 5g to accommodate  just as they have changed with 4g. The cost will come down per gb.

I'm just intrigued how they're going to price the service. 

Do you pay per game? Per hours spent playing? 

Presumably it's going to cost me more to play a new release than something older but am I going to be expected to pay £60 for a new release only to own it in any kind of way? 

Dunno, lots of questions about it all right now... Don't feel like they've really said anything substantial about it yet. 

11 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Has anyone got that samurai game, Shadows Die Twice? Looks great. 

Edit: @ForeverCarefree Correction, I see you have! How is it? Recommend it? 

Depends what you’re looking for in a game.

Want to keep dying endlessly and have to figure out the nuances of a combat system with minimal tutorial?

Then you’ll enjoy Sekiro.

Want to be able to just casually jump into a game and hack and slash your way through a few levels? Then look elsewhere.

So far my experience with it has been brutal, possibly even more unforgiving than any of the SoulsBourne games.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Want to keep dying endlessly and have to figure out the nuances of a combat system with minimal tutorial?

Want to be able to just casually jump into a game and hack and slash your way through a few levels? Then look elsewhere.

So far my experience with it has been brutal, possibly even more unforgiving than any of the SoulsBourne games.

I don't know if i love the game or hate it

still getting my ass beat by the ogre 

11 minutes ago, theone said:

I don't know if i love the game or hate it

still getting my ass beat by the ogre 

Took me probably going on for thirty attempts to beat it. 

The game doesn’t let up... these aren’t even proper boses, just mini bosses and I’m struggling.

Personally love the SoulsBourne games so I’m enjoying the challenge so far but really hope the combat starts to click with me soon! 

22 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Hmmm, sounds like Dark Souls to me. No thank you!

I think I'll wait for Ghost of Tshusima instead...

2 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Do you even link bro :biggrin:

Ha ha,  I linked from another site so it went a bit mental...Or maybe my linking skills are just beyond your understanding hmmm.....

Sekiro is a very good game.

As you’d expect from a FromSoft game the learning curve is massive and the game really isn’t very forgiving.

You either learn the correct way to play or you’re not going to progress. The game is undoubtedly hard but it’s fair. Taken me a week but I feel like I get it now (for the most part) 

Most boss fights are taking me 20 attempts or more to beat them and the removal of the summoning system means you have to figure out the fights on your own which is fun.

13 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Sekiro is a very good game.

As you’d expect from a FromSoft game the learning curve is massive and the game really isn’t very forgiving.

You either learn the correct way to play or you’re not going to progress. The game is undoubtedly hard but it’s fair. Taken me a week but I feel like I get it now (for the most part) 

Most boss fights are taking me 20 attempts or more to beat them and the removal of the summoning system means you have to figure out the fights on your own which is fun.

hows the story,  good as bloodborne?

1 hour ago, theone said:

hows the story,  good as bloodborne?

I think so.

Bit more spelt out for you than Dark Souls and Bloodborne where a lot of the story was uncovered through reading item descriptions or speaking with NPCs etc.

Theres more moments of speaking to NPCs and them saying “I need you to go here and get this item because...” which is different for FromSoft. Decent story though.

59 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Been crying out for a game to play and you just reminded me I downloaded bloodborne when it was free and never played it! Thank you!

one of the best games of this generation IMO, you'll miss a lot of things on your playthrough especially the NPC's quests. I had to read where they are going to be so I don't miss them 

Just now, theone said:

one of the best games of this generation IMO, you'll miss a lot of things on your playthrough especially the NPC's quests. I had to read where they are going to be so I don't miss them 

My sort of game!

5 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Been crying out for a game to play and you just reminded me I downloaded bloodborne when it was free and never played it! Thank you!

Don’t pick the threaded cain as your starting weapon and don’t worry about investing into arcane and bloodtinge stats. That’s my beginners advice anyway.