Any game recommendation?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, jack h said:

Anyone here a far cry fan? Slightly embarrassed to say I've never played any of them but currently downloading far cry 5 as it was £7 on steam so thought I'd give it a go.... hope it's worth the crazy dowload time!

Yeah big fan of Far Cry games. They’re really enjoyable games. Far 4 was the best I think but 5 was equally as good. 6 is coming out soon as well 

Finished Watchdogs Legion. It’s not bad game but it doesn’t excel. Enjoyable driving around London but the missions were abit meh. Decent game overall. 

Far Cry 5 is only £6 but I can’t face playing another Ubisoft game.  

I think I’m out of ideas for games. Nothing is inspiring me. Might have to ride it out until newer games out 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

Finished Watchdogs Legion. It’s not bad game but it doesn’t excel. Enjoyable driving around London but the missions were abit meh. Decent game overall. 

Far Cry 5 is only £6 but I can’t face playing another Ubisoft game.  

I think I’m out of ideas for games. Nothing is inspiring me. Might have to ride it out until newer games out 

I’ve borrow No Man’s Sky off my brother and I’m loving it. 

5 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I’ve borrow No Man’s Sky off my brother and I’m loving it. 

I played that a little while back. It’s pretty decent and they’ve built the different modes well. I found the whole looting and having to craft EVERYTHING abit repetitive after a while though. 

Bought Skater XL today which is a skateboarding sim. Not like Tony Hawks which is very arcadey and unrealistic. Quite like the simplistically of it and how hard it is to master. Not huge amount of content- it’s basically freeskate and there’s an online mode for freeskate as well. 

I can’t believe even coming to the end of August, people are still finding them hard to get hold of.

A guy I know In America managed to get hold of one, but has to wait until the start of October to receive it. Maybe it’ll spill into Christmas again.

2 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

I can’t believe even coming to the end of August, people are still finding them hard to get hold of.

A guy I know In America managed to get hold of one, but has to wait until the start of October to receive it. Maybe it’ll spill into Christmas again.

I managed to buy another one last week for a friend. 

If you're looking to get one give this Twitter account a follow, they post regular update on which companies have stock and when. 

https://twitter.com/IGNUKDeals

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Been playing Hades this past week. 

Tough but fun. 

I`ve got that to try this weekend, looks like just the kind of game to frustrate the hell out of me ha ha...

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

I`ve got that to try this weekend, looks like just the kind of game to frustrate the hell out of me ha ha...

Progress for me has been fairly slow. 

It's a slightly more forgiving rouguelike in that you get to slightly upgrade certain things that will carry over onto you next try but in someone like 25 attempts I've only got past the 2nd boss once and swiftly died in the 3rd area. 

20 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Progress for me has been fairly slow. 

It's a slightly more forgiving rouguelike in that you get to slightly upgrade certain things that will carry over onto you next try but in someone like 25 attempts I've only got past the 2nd boss once and swiftly died in the 3rd area. 

Had a go last night, its pretty addictive so my half hour turned into about 2 hours ha ha. Only weapon I havent unlocked yet is the spear, but the bow was rubbish and I couldnt get to grips with the shield so gone back to the sword. 

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

Had a go last night, its pretty addictive so my half hour turned into about 2 hours ha ha. Only weapon I havent unlocked yet is the spear, but the bow was rubbish and I couldnt get to grips with the shield so gone back to the sword. 

Funnily enough I've progressed furthest using the bow or sheild. 

Made it as far as the third region boss last night....Let's just say I didn't make it any further than that.

Just started playing God of War. Thought I would give it a bash as it’s free. How have I missed this game the entire time?!!

I think them sort of games were the focus is on story and gameplay is better than open world. Open world games need abit of a re-think. No-one of them feel fresh or exciting anymore. Too much filler in them. 

8 hours ago, JM7 said:

Just started playing God of War. Thought I would give it a bash as it’s free. How have I missed this game the entire time?!!

I think them sort of games were the focus is on story and gameplay is better than open world. Open world games need abit of a re-think. No-one of them feel fresh or exciting anymore. Too much filler in them. 

They’ve all been downhill since Fallout: New Vegas! That game has it all!

Edited by Munkworth

11 hours ago, JM7 said:

It’s insane isn’t it? Such a well-focused narrative, brilliant graphics and exciting gameplay. 

Speaking of open world games, I’ve returned to AC: Odyssey. I want to get all the trophies so I have a lot to do! I finally defeated all the cult members today but I have so much more to get in with. Might try the the DLC. It’s great that it plays in 60fps now on PS5.