Any game recommendation?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

48 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Think Spider-man 2 you get both Miles and Peter in the same game too which should be fun. Just done some googling, looks like Venom and Kraven as the confirmed villians with more likely in there too. 

Yeah few rumours that could be a co-op game. Not sure I want that tbh, prefer story games to be purely single player. 

On 15/09/2022 at 10:03, RIP Mourinho said:

Playing the ps5 spider man game, completed Miles Morales a while ago but never played the first one. Brilliant games.

Was thinking of getting a Switch for the new Pokemon game, anyone played it or is this just going to be £300 wasted?

I've got a Switch and had Pokemon Sword which I thought was good fun. But the best Pokemon game is Arceus, being actually able to throw Pokeballs properly was a game changer. 

The new ones (Scarlet and Violet) look amazing, I'll probably get it once they are released in November. I think the Switch is the best console Nintendo have ever released. So many amazing games on there and the portability aspect of it is just so convenient. New Sonic game coming out this autumn too, not to mention the new Zelda next year as well...

Couldn’t get into the Miles game. My lad loves it but it felt too similar to the first one. Same as Forbidden West, too similar. 

Im hitting abit of dry patch with games at the minute. Not much going on. Still working my way through Control which is decent but getting abit samey halfway through. 

Couldn’t get into the Miles game. My lad loves it but it felt too similar to the first one. Same as Forbidden West, too similar. 

Im hitting abit of dry patch with games at the minute. Not much going on. Still working my way through Control which is decent but getting abit samey halfway through. 

25 minutes ago, TheBison said:

Anyone here play FM? I have gone every other year for Football Manager and my last copy of the game is the 2021 version. I have a few saves I’m still playing so curious if anyone had any insights to want to expect on FM23 beyond squad updates 

I haven’t played it for a few years but I saw they are releasing it on PS5. Quite tempting to play it. It’s so addictive. 

12 hours ago, Zeta said:

@Blueblur Your buddy upset by these GTA leaks? I don't get the fuss to be honest, isn't it just a few screenshots or something?

They’re all stunned apparently. Hacked them through Slack! It’s more than just screenshots; more than 90 videos. The main one showing the female protagonist robbing a road-side café. It’s an early build of the game so it doesn’t look finished by any means.

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

I haven’t played it for a few years but I saw they are releasing it on PS5. Quite tempting to play it. It’s so addictive. 

Too addictive considering I'm still actively playing the game non-stop from two years ago that I was so immersed I didn't need to get the new version 😂

I've seen screenshots of the game on console but not sure if it is as in depth as the PC version

12 hours ago, TheBison said:

Anyone here play FM? I have gone every other year for Football Manager and my last copy of the game is the 2021 version. I have a few saves I’m still playing so curious if anyone had any insights to want to expect on FM23 beyond squad updates 

I used to before they bloated it out with so much crap (new features) to justify selling a new copy every year it became tedious. 

3 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Since it's apparently, at last, a playable game and actually quite good, I've bought Cyberpunk 2077. Got it off eBay for 16 quid. Has anyone here played it?

I played it when it was initially patched to PS5, which I think was a few months ago now. Much better than the version they gave us at launch. It does take a few hours to get into, but I really enjoyed my playthrough once I got into it. 

Since it's apparently, at last, a playable game and actually quite good, I've bought Cyberpunk 2077. Got it off eBay for 16 quid. Has anyone here played it?

Finished it a couple of times, playing totally different characters. I had it on Series X so none of the bugs, other than a few daft things, but no gamebreakers. Loved it, though you could see it had been stripped back it was still an outstanding game in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Finished it a couple of times, playing totally different characters. I had it on Series X so none of the bugs, other than a few daft things, but no gamebreakers. Loved it, though you could see it had been stripped back it was still an outstanding game in my opinion.

Is there any value in playing as different characters? I know at the start you can start as 'Nomad, Street kid, or Corpo' but does choosing a different one make the game much different?

I know it has about 10-15 possible endings so I will probably go back to it a year or so down the line.

2 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Is there any value in playing as different characters? I know at the start you can start as 'Nomad, Street kid, or Corpo' but does choosing a different one make the game much different?

I know it has about 10-15 possible endings so I will probably go back to it a year or so down the line.

Theres not a huge amount of difference, mainly just some influence you have throughout the story. Though the start is completely different.

I meant more the character I built, I went for tech sniper first time, then hacker 2nd time.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Theres not a huge amount of difference, mainly just some influence you have throughout the story. Though the start is completely different.

I meant more the character I built, I went for tech sniper first time, then hacker 2nd time.

Fair enough, cheers.

The character customisation in that is unlike anything I've seen in any other game. 

8 hours ago, Blueblur said:

All filla no killa for me and I’m a big fan of the developers. It all felt like it had been rushed and passed out to last longer. It’s no Witcher 3!

Geralt Of Rivia Money GIF

15 hours ago, Munkworth said:

All filla no killa for me and I’m a big fan of the developers. It all felt like it had been rushed and passed out to last longer. It’s no Witcher 3!

Geralt Of Rivia Money GIF

Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games ever made, I'm not expecting it to be of that calibre, but I'm looking for a decent shooter since I've finished Saints Row. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished playing Control. What a strange but interesting game. No idea what was going on but the gameplay and storyline held up. If you like a puzzle/shooter, it’s worth a bash. 

Started Deathloop. Seems like a fun game and really well designed. The dialogue is funny. Bit worried that I’ll get abit confused but it seems quite “directional” at the min. 

My trusty 32” LG TV (1080p) finally died after 9 years. 

Very happy about this as I have been wanting to get a 4K ultra HD tv for my man cave for ages, but couldn’t justify it. Purchased a 43” LG yesterday. 

It arrived today and it’s a thing of beauty. Will fully feel the benefit of my PS5 now, ready for the new God of War and Hogwarts Legacy next year! 

My trusty 32” LG TV (1080p) finally died after 9 years. 

Very happy about this as I have been wanting to get a 4K ultra HD tv for my man cave for ages, but couldn’t justify it. Purchased a 43” LG yesterday. 

It arrived today and it’s a thing of beauty. Will fully feel the benefit of my PS5 now, ready for the new God of War and Hogwarts Legacy next year! 

Miracle Snakes GIF