Any game recommendation?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Well yes, but that was towards a goal.

In Mario you ran and jumped to kill mushrooms and turtles and whatnot in order to find a princess.

From that video all I could see really was running and jumping for the sake of it.

You're joking? In every game there's an objective or place that you have to get to. You're judging this game off of one video; I would suggest watching more or playing it yourself, there's a plot behind it. The game is far from brilliant but certainly better than what you make it out to be.

Edited by Teritus

The latest humble bundle is a ridiculously good deal for those of you who haven't checked it out.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Company of Heroes, its two expansion packs and Metro 2033 can all be had for as little as $1. If you pay more than the average price (which as of now is $5.73), you get Saints Row The Third as well. You also get all of the games' soundtracks.

I wish there were more fun and unique games like Mirrors Edge. All those COD/Halo/FIFA sequels are technically very good but there's only so many times I can play the same game before losing interest.

You and me both mate, I havent even bought the last few CODS and wont be buying this one either. Though I have bought Halo, it doesnt come out as often as COD etc. Games like Bioshock are the ones that get me excited now.

You and me both mate, I havent even bought the last few CODS and wont be buying this one either. Though I have bought Halo, it doesnt come out as often as COD etc. Games like Bioshock are the ones that get me excited now.

I used to have a massive call of duty obsession a few years ago. My xbox set on fire back in February (long story) so I haven't been able to play at all recently. I'd still go back and play COD4 every now and again but I went off the others COD's. Hasn't really bothered me not having one but I have a lot of games I really want to play that I can't :biggrin:

Also, anybody remember this mission from Call Of Duty 4? It was and is still incredible. Easily my favourite mission from any COD game. Knew it word for word at the time and Chernobyl fascinates me so it was perfectly acquired to my tastes.

The only thing I liked about Mirrors Edge was the aesthetic. I thought it was a shame that they took such an interesting and vibrant looking world and wrapped it around a w**k game.

The visuals are good and the gameplay is also good. Only problem I had with it was the lack of replay value/length of the game. Probably some of the best/unique visuals I've seen in a game though.

The first Bioshock was brilliant, definitely one of my favourites. To be fair COD 4 was a really good game, I've played bits and pieces of the later ones round friends' houses but I think I'm just bored (or grown out) of playing soldiers now.

I'm really enjoying Dishonoured at the moment, it's nice being able to complete the missions any way you want, and the atmosphere and detail in the game-world are probably up there with Bioshock.

You're joking? In every game there's an objective or place that you have to get to. You're judging this game off of one video; I would suggest watching more or playing it yourself, there's a plot behind it. The game is far from brilliant but certainly better than what you make it out to be.

What are you on about?

All I asked was what do you actually do in the game, since the video only showed the running and jumping and not what the actual point or story was.. I haven't offered any kind of opinion on the game, i've never heard of it apart from that video... You're just putting words in my mouth now.

I downloaded the Jet Set Radio demo off PSN last night, my first impression was 'what a gorgeous looking game'. Second impression was 'f**k me this is hard', I struggled for half an hour to do the 30-tricks-in-a-row challenge in the tutorial before giving up. I later learnt that the tutorial is notoriously hard though so at least it's not just me. For £7.99 or whatever it is it's got to be worth a punt.

Far Cry 3 is a must have game this year, its amazing.

I never played the 1st or 2nd. Though I admit it looks quite good!

I take it you should probably play the other two before you give this one ago?

Far Cry 2 was good but you don't need to have played 1 or 2 to play Far Cry 3. It looks amazing, all the reviews have given it 9 or 10/10.

I'm getting it for Christmas. I can't wait to paraglide over the lush island paradise, skin some pigs and tigers, stab sharks to death, kill pirates, explore the jungle, chill out on beaches and, best of all: set a bear free from it's cage by shooting the lock off from distance,  watching it maul most of the merceneries in their camp for me, allowing me to pick off the stragglers with my sniper rifle.

BUY IT.

Edited by Blueblur

Far Cry 2 was good but you don't need to have played 1 or 2 to play Far Cry 3. It looks amazing, all the reviews have given it 9 or 10/10.

I'm getting it for Christmas. I can't wait to paraglide over the lush island paradise, skin some pigs and tigers, stab sharks to death, kill pirates, explore the jungle, chill out on beaches and, best of all: set a bear free from it's cage by shooting the lock off from distance,  watching it maul most of the merceneries in their camp for me, allowing me to pick off the stragglers with my sniper rifle.

BUY IT.

Just sold it to me! I'll get a copy tomorrow! Haha.

I had Far Cry the first one on the PS3 but couldn't get into it.

On a related note, anyone know anywhere decent and fairly cheap to get a PS3 repaired? I've done quite a bit of searching for local places round here but none seem to do it or if they do their websites seem suspicious. Cheapest company i've found so far wanted about £75 to fix it. £10 to send it back. Plus the cost of me sending it to them in the first place. Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Bought stalker ages ago on the PC. DIdn't care for it. For all the hype I thought the in-game graphics were pretty sh*t and reminded me of old PS1 games, controls weren't great and story was boring. Didn't get more than about an hour or so into it.

The second Dead Island comes out next year. Cant wait! Loved the first game.

Good to know. Love some Zombie games and yes the first one was good, true Zombie game and I loved that you had to start off with an oar, and built up your weapons.

The side missions were pretty cool too, and it had driving parts in it too.

Only weird thing was in the cut scenes they just threw in all the Characters, regardless of which one you were playing with

Bought stalker ages ago on the PC. DIdn't care for it. For all the hype I thought the in-game graphics were pretty sh*t and reminded me of old PS1 games, controls weren't great and story was boring. Didn't get more than about an hour or so into it.

Fair enough. Will probably give it a miss then.