Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

Re2 zombies are a lot harder to kill, 4 or 5 head shots quite often. best tactic is you don't need to kill them, shoot their legs to get them crawling and just go past them. 

I’ve needed as many as 9 headshots to keep some of the zombies down. 

I think I’m close to finishing my Leon play through and will do a Claire one straight after. 

Horror games aren’t normally my thing but I’ve enjoyed RE2, the game not holding your hand with figuring out anything is quite refreshing. Having to figure out all the puzzles has been probably the most challenging part.

Every time I put one down they’d be up bothering me again 2 minutes later, I wish I could take their heads off with the knife!

I’ve still got Spider-Man to do anyway. 

Edited by Munkworth

I only ever played RE was back on the PS1/2. Looking at the video, it looks a lot different. Are they decent games? Am I right in that it’s more a “puzzle” game rather than straight out zombie shoot them up?

Finished RE2 2nd run through last night. 

Played with Leon first and Claire second. Enjoyed the game but not sure I'm going to attempt a play-through on a harder difficulty as I'm not sure I'll enjoy it, I can imagine it will be quite frustrating. 

Downloaded For Honor last night as it was one of the free PS+ games for February, had a couple of games and it was actually better than I expected it to be. 

9 hours ago, JM7 said:

I only ever played RE was back on the PS1/2. Looking at the video, it looks a lot different. Are they decent games? Am I right in that it’s more a “puzzle” game rather than straight out zombie shoot them up?

You can play a 30 minute free play demo to get a feel for it. It’s certainly different compared to the original. 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Looking forward to the new Metro

Yeah me too, really liked the other 2, mainly down to the claustrophobic feel so I'm not sure how this new open world type one will go. 

Had a go on crackdown, really enjoyed the single player, I loved the multiplayer though, what a laugh it is, so bloody scary when you get locked on. 

Then had a couple of hours on metro which is getting good now after a pretty poor start I thought, far too stop starty with loads of cut scenes. But once you get past the first episode it really kicks in. 

On 16/02/2019 at 10:08, dkw said:

Had a go on crackdown, really enjoyed the single player, I loved the multiplayer though, what a laugh it is, so bloody scary when you get locked on. 

Then had a couple of hours on metro which is getting good now after a pretty poor start I thought, far too stop starty with loads of cut scenes. But once you get past the first episode it really kicks in. 

A lot of reviewers seem to really dislike it, but I have seen a lot of people say it's great fun. I have never trusted a reviewers opinion on anything and from what I have seen of people playing it on Youtube videos, it looks quite fun.

Been playing a bit of Apex Legends. 

Not really bought into the whole battle royale craze up to now. I gave Fortnite a try and just didn't get the hype, the build mechanic just annoyed me. 

Liking Apex Legends for being quite a simple. The ping communication system is really clever and well thought out and makes playing with randoms easy. 

Loot system is really simple too, everything is colour coordinated so after a couple of games it all starts to make sense. 

Won a couple of matches at the weekend much to my surprise, think I'll be putting a bit of time into it whilst waiting for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice to come out next month which I'm really looking forward to. 

19 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

A lot of reviewers seem to really dislike it, but I have seen a lot of people say it's great fun. I have never trusted a reviewers opinion on anything and from what I have seen of people playing it on Youtube videos, it looks quite fun.

Metro or crackdown? 

Didn't know what Crackdown was so just looked it up on Metacritic, lots of very luke warm reviews for it.

Open world fatigue I think. Too many developers feels the need to churn out open world action games full of nothing interesting to do. 

When you look at the most critically well received games so many of them have a much more linear structure to them, no idea why so many studios insist on making their games open world. 

Xbox has really struggled with their exclusives this generation, little wonder they've been buying up studios in preparation for their next console.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Crackdown.

It's a good laugh, really good fun. Some of the "reviews" are over the top in the hate for it, it's a bit weird. It's not the best game ever made, not by a long way but it's knowhere near as bad as being made out. 

9 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Didn't know what Crackdown was so just looked it up on Metacritic, lots of very luke warm reviews for it.

Open world fatigue I think. Too many developers feels the need to churn out open world action games full of nothing interesting to do. 

When you look at the most critically well received games so many of them have a much more linear structure to them, no idea why so many studios insist on making their games open world. 

I like a good open world, RPG game with a thrilling story to keep you interested, plenty of side quests that are different from each other and plenty of stupid Easter eggs. 

The problem is they became popular so companies just churned them out without any thought and padded them with fetch and carry missions or just doing the same old repetitive boring sh*te. Ubisoft are the worst for it. The Witcher 3 is the best example of how to do it spot on.

Red Dead was very slow paced with a lot of travelling but the story was good, the side missions generally enjoyable but at the same time you could be riding around and witness some whacky, weird and hilarious stuff. 

Anthem is taking a bit of a pasting by the critics and anyone who got early access. 

Apparently the game is really really dull and repetitive and has excessively long loading screens that you constantly encounter. 

February hasn't been a great month for games, Apex Legends, a free to play game, has been one of the best received with games like Far Cry New Dawn being met with a bit of a shrug of the shoulders too. 

Not making me want to go out and buy anything new right now... Though March is looking more promising with Sekiro, Devil May Cry and The Division 2 coming out.