Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

Rumours dark souls 2 is to be ported to console, I hope its true because it looks a belting game.

Its not a port, its made for 360 and PS3 and then ported to PC.

If you mean the new consoles they've said maybe in the future but nothing is planed for the immediate future.

DayZ Standalone. Only 20 English pounds on steam atm due to the fact that its still in Alpha stage. Amazing game thats all i can say.

Day Z looks really interesting, I don't play any PC games but I've considered it for this.

Apparently if you buy the Alpha you get upgraded to the full version of the game when it's released at no extra cost which is pretty cool. 

I'm still plugging away at Fallout New Vegas and have been completely sucked in now, so much so I went out and bought the guide book... Never bought one before but I wanted to invest enough time in the game to tide me over till March when I'll be buying Dark Souls 2 and inFamous Second Son, so I need to save up. 

Day Z looks really interesting, I don't play any PC games but I've considered it for this.

Apparently if you buy the Alpha you get upgraded to the full version of the game when it's released at no extra cost which is pretty cool. 

Im not really a gamer as normally its FM or nothing but this dayz game is a whole new beast. The alpha cost 20 english pounds and that does give you the full version when its finally released. Feed back via forum is welcomed by the developers and they also support peoples ideas for future releases. Id recommend this over any other game thats out there.

I bought so many games in the steam sales (and got quite a few from a humble bundle deal)...going to have to check them out.

I'll post any winners I find on here. Some are older, some are newer...hopefully some are good...all were cheap.

Just restarted a Mass Effect save. Going through on Veteran difficulty to give it some extra challenge.

On Mass Effect 2 already. 

Tempted to do this myself, but I've already played them through about 3 times. I tried starting a game with a female Shepard, but just wasn't as fun.

Just restarted a Mass Effect save. Going through on Veteran difficulty to give it some extra challenge.

On Mass Effect 2 already.

Are you playing through as a sh*t? I always play bad guy 2nd time round.

Haven't got around to playing mass effect yet, I'm not a big fan of all these shoot'em up games, and theres ALOT of them now. although I do appreciate they have a huge fan following. Fall out, Bioshock, Far Cry, the game play all seems similar to me... :blush2:

Haven't got around to playing mass effect yet, I'm not a big fan of all these shoot'em up games, and theres ALOT of them now. although I do appreciate they have a huge fan following. Fall out, Bioshock, Far Cry, the game play all seems similar to me... :blush2:

Mass Effect 1 & 2 is two of the best games I ever played, the story is amazing and comparing them to bioshock, far cry etc is just so wrong! the third game was a bit of a let down personally but you should definitely play the series if you havnt

They're not the classic shoot em up games. Far more tactical. Similar to gears of war in some sense. Relying on cover a lot. 

More of a Action/RPG to be honest

Edited by JoeyN

Mass Effect 1 & 2 is two of the best games I ever played, the story is amazing and comparing them to bioshock, far cry etc is just so wrong! the third game was a bit of a let down personally but you should definitely play the series if you havnt

Haha I get what you mean, I never really gave those games a fair chance to begin with. Theres so many games to play now and I'm just trying to catch up. I STILL didn't finish Last of us, Tomb Raider, even Batman Arkham City!

____

* They're trying to make multiplayer more interesting, but not necessarily more frequent than in previous games.

* Intending to further balance invasions by adding penalties for invading and failing.

* 7-8 total covenants in-game.

* Trying to expand on the idea of hunting down wanted players for a reward, similar to Blades of the Darkmoon in the first game.

* If you're offline, AI phantoms will be used in place of player phantoms for invasions and boss fights.

* Areas in the world feature puzzles and "gimmicks" to help keep exploration fresh.

* Storytelling style remains largely the same. From Software knows that fans will theorycraft with each other based on the trails of breadcrumbs left in dialogue and item descriptions, so they're not going out of their way to make things more explicit.

* They're listening to feedback from the network tests: Animations and movement are being improved, there will be some way of avoiding invasions.

- - - Updated - - -

ihvl5zyupZHJm.gif

ibqlcNnM8ppdEw.gif

Looks cool  :JC_doubleup:   Edited by babu

So I have done Mass Effect 1 and 2 again, about to start 3. I scanned and probed every planet in the galaxy in ME2, getting about 400k Iridum, 300k Palladium, 300k Platinum and 100k Element Zero.

As it turns out you don't need anywhere near that to get all the upgrades to the max level....

I spent ages doing all the loyalty quests and ship upgrades so I could finish the last mission with everyone alive. Moridin died though for some reason. Probably should have sent him back to the ship.

I spent ages doing all the loyalty quests and ship upgrades so I could finish the last mission with everyone alive. Moridin died though for some reason. Probably should have sent him back to the ship.

This was the first time I had everyone survive.

I made sure to do all loyality missions and all side missions/anomalies/etc... before getting the reaper IFF, so that I could go straight to the relay and not lose the crew.

Had Legion do the vent.

Kasumi took the crew back to the ship.

Miranda and Garrus lead the 2 other teams.

And took Jacob and Thane to the final battle.

Also banged Jack.