Any game recommendation?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

You're very pale, FCF, perhaps venture into the sun for an hour or two? Before ensconcing yourself in front of your PS3 for hours on end this weekend!

I played Tomb Raider on the Xbox 360, excellent game. Never played a Tomb Raider game all the way through before, but was pleasantly surprised. Sweet graphics, good voice acting and an intriguing island to explore.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen was letting wife and sister play each other on forza then cod. I couldn't breathe because of laughing at them on forza, then I played my sister at cod. Got on a roof with sniper rifle and when she saw I was scoping her she freaked out and just jumped up and down on the spot for about 2 minutes. So funny.

I played Skyrim for about 2 hours then got bored like I did with Oblivion.

I hated Oblivion, I too got bored almost immediately.

But Skyrim was a completely different kettle of fish, sucked me in from the start. And the whole dragon thing added a whole new dimension to gameplay. The first time I saw a dragon soar out of the sky and attack me, I shat my pants. 

Bethesda creates huge and beautiful open worlds but it seems all their creativity go towards the visuals and they do not have a single decent writer on their team. All the stories, the quests you do, the npcs you meet are generic and boring. I did not finish any of their games and I gave all of them a try since Daggerfall (oh those horrible random timed quests).

Bethesda creates huge and beautiful open worlds but it seems all their creativity go towards the visuals and they do not have a single decent writer on their team. All the stories, the quests you do, the npcs you meet are generic and boring. I did not finish any of their games and I gave all of them a try since Daggerfall (oh those horrible random timed quests).

I agree. Though I do finish every game I buy (for the amount they cost, you may as well get your moneys worth)

Though, in saying that, two Bethesda titles have made it into my top 3 gaming list. Those titles are Skyrim and Fallout 3. Two exceptional games and I look forward to the latest titles. Especially the new Fallout game, since New Vegas sucked!

The problem with most games these days is they start off strong but around the one third complete stage, start to become repetitive and the story just seems rushed.

I blame companies imposing story completion limitations and rushing games out to compete with their rivals, instead of taking longer on it and letting it flow.

I agree. Though I do finish every game I buy (for the amount they cost, you may as well get your moneys worth)

Though, in saying that, two Bethesda titles have made it into my top 3 gaming list. Those titles are Skyrim and Fallout 3. Two exceptional games and I look forward to the latest titles. Especially the new Fallout game, since New Vegas sucked!

The problem with most games these days is they start off strong but around the one third complete stage, start to become repetitive and the story just seems rushed.

I blame companies imposing story completion limitations and rushing games out to compete with their rivals, instead of taking longer on it and letting it flow.

Wut? They bloody butchered Fallout! I played through Fallout 2 like a dozen times, it's marvelous. Fallout 3 is pathetic in comparison, not even a pale imitation of the originals. New Vegas was about the only decent thing that happened to it (quelle surprise, it was made not by Bethesda but Obsidian who are actually mostly the old Black Isle staff) but even that couldn't fully salvage it.

I fully agree with your last statement however, that is exactly what's happening to Bioware and it's slowly killing it.

I never got to play any of the older Fallouts unfortunately. Only picked up F3 on a friends recommendation. I enjoyed it. Was great to pick up for an hour or two in the evenings. I hated Fallout New Vegas. There were many aspects of the game which I thought were great, but the end boss really let it down. Was an incredibly cheap battle sequence. Was out of ammo by the time I got to him so he just kept whooping me. Was giving me grey beard hairs so gave up lol. One of only two games I never completed (other one being the uber difficult latest Max Payne game that a mate lent to me).

Other games I quite like are stealth based one such as the Splinter Cell series, Hitman and the latest reboot, Thief. Something about the stealth element that I enjoy.

Edited by theblueone

I guess everybody has different tastes. It wasn't the actual game I hated, more so the end sequence and boss fight. Felt like I wasn't prepared for it or something, even though I had absolutely rinsed through every side quest and levelled up substantially.

The Dead Money DLC for it was very poor though. That got frustrating aswell.

I'm going to disagree about New Vegas as well it was superb, I played through it again at the start of the year.

I know most of you aren't Dark Souls fans but just an update on Dark Souls 2, I'm really enjoying it, they've tweaked and changed enough things about the game play to make it fresh and interesting without making the game feel too alien. 

The boss fights once again have been pretty epic. 

Wut? They bloody butchered Fallout! I played through Fallout 2 like a dozen times, it's marvelous. Fallout 3 is pathetic in comparison, not even a pale imitation of the originals. New Vegas was about the only decent thing that happened to it (quelle surprise, it was made not by Bethesda but Obsidian who are actually mostly the old Black Isle staff) but even that couldn't fully salvage it.

I fully agree with your last statement however, that is exactly what's happening to Bioware and it's slowly killing it.

Bit harsh on Fallout 3, it was a new step in the game and went from a true RPG to an adventure RGP to fit in with the way gameing was then. I played the originals also and loved them, but took the new ones as seperate games based in a similar world basically.

Black Isle bods were brilliant, made some of the best rpg`s around, Baldurs gate and Icewind Dale games were fantastic.

Bit harsh on Fallout 3, it was a new step in the game and went from a true RPG to an adventure RGP to fit in with the way gameing was then. I played the originals also and loved them, but took the new ones as seperate games based in a similar world basically.

Black Isle bods were brilliant, made some of the best rpg`s around, Baldurs gate and Icewind Dale games were fantastic.

Fallout 3 is widely regarded as one of the best games of the last ten years... How much it diverted away from the first two games shouldn't detract from the fact that it was a brilliant game.