6-10 sounds short, the devs interview I read said he did it in 22 hours and that wasnt a full play through.

He's either taking the piss or he took a lot of piss breaks.

From Destructoid:

"On the subject of replay, a note about length for those who find it of paramount importance -- you can blast through the campaign in about six hours, if you choose to do a simple kill-all run and don't bother finding items/performing optional tasks. A more realistic run will bring you up to around eight or ten hours, and could take even longer if you choose to go for the subtle ghost runs and nonlethal eliminations."

I've heard some people say that you can push the length up to around 12-14 hours, but only if you play the game in a manner intended to artificially lengthen the game or if you're really dumb and take a long time to find the hidden things that boost your abilities. If it's a great single player experience that's open-ended enough to replay multiple times, then that length is fine. If I play through it once and don't have any desire to tackle it again, I'll be disappointed. Either way, it seems rather pathetic that the designer is lying about the game's length before it's even released.

Edited by That Boy Brandinho

Most reviews seem to think around 8-12 is about right, so maybe he was taking the piss a bit. Quite honestly that sounds about right for me, I dont have time to sit and play through 30 hour games anymore. It looks a hell of a game though, could turn out to be a very good series of games.

Most reviews seem to think around 8-12 is about right, so maybe he was taking the piss a bit. Quite honestly that sounds about right for me, I dont have time to sit and play through 30 hour games anymore. It looks a hell of a game though, could turn out to be a very good series of games.

It's the opposite for me, I prefer to play through longer games now. Each to their own and all.

It's the opposite for me, I prefer to play through longer games now. Each to their own and all.

Dont get me wrong, I wuold prefer to play a 30-40 hour game and have done in the past. But I just dont have time now, so a short blast is all I can handle.

Dont get me wrong, I wuold prefer to play a 30-40 hour game and have done in the past. But I just dont have time now, so a short blast is all I can handle.

I'm the same, 10-12 hours is ideal for me for a single player campaign, much longer than that and I lose interest.

Dishonoured sounds great to me, reminds me of slow-paced stealth games like Thief where you had to think your way through the missions. I've no concerns about the game length, to be honest anybody who buys a game like Dishonoured with the intention to 'blast through' it in 4-6 hours is an idiot.

Played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 over the last few days. First time I played ME2 I had no idera what was going on since i'd never played the other one, so could actually understand it all now.

I'm not sure how many of these decisions actually really affected the story of ME2 and what would have been part of the story anyway, but:

ME1:

- Kaiden died protecting the bomb

- Banged Ashley

- Ignored the council ship and focused on Soverign

- Chose Captain Anderson as new councilor

ME2:

- Mordon Solus died :sad: :sad: :sad: (Tempted to replay the last mission to save him, he's awesome)

- Banged Miranda

- Killed Samara and chose Morinth for the team, though that seemed to change nothing which was disappointing

- Destroyed the Heretics rather than rewriting them

- Sent the radiation pulse through the Collector ship so we could keep it for research (that was a tough one, but I felt in the end that the colonists were dead already no matter what, nothing i could do to change that, might as well make their deaths mean something and help us win the war)

- Kept Genophage cure

- Saved the doctor and Kelly

- Rest survived the mission (except Mordon who died at the vents/gate bit)

I wasn't aware of the DLC for new crew members, so I might download that and do the mission again.

Now onto ME3!

And finally finished that after 40 hours of play time!

- Cured the genophage with Padok Wicks (who died)

- Couldn't stop the Quarians attacking the Geth and Tali committed suicide :-( (Legion also died)

- Banged Miranda again

- Thane died in the hospital after protecting the counciller

- Saved all the likes of Jack, Grunt, Miranda, Jacob, etc...

- Never found Kelly Chambers at the citadel to speak to her

- Chose the synthesis ending

I always feel so empty after finishing something I've invested a lot of time in, like a long game or a long series of books/tv programmes. Have to find something else to do now.

Can someone tell me what to do please..Ive accidentally put a message into delete...When i go to delete its there and i can click on it and read it all but i need to keep it safe..How please...If you do give advice can you explain it really simply please..Thanks..PS this is in my hotmail ac

Edited by Mike Carefree

Can someone tell me what to do please..Ive accidentally put a message into delete...When i go to delete its there and i can click on it and read it all but i need to keep it safe..How please...If you do give advice can you explain it really simply please..Thanks..PS this is in my hotmail ac

SORTED NOW THANKS

No, Contracts is an older game that's got a combination of new levels and remade levels from the first game. In order of quality, the games go like this:

1. Blood Money

2. Silent Assassin

3. Contracts

4. Codename 47

Codename 47 was the first game and really isn't very good. Contracts is okay, it's certainly worth playing if you enjoy the series but it's a bit short and the missions are really hit or miss. Silent Assassin is the game in between C47 and Contracts and it's excellent. The mission structure is different from the other games which typically have stand alone missions in different locales that are tied together loosely by a story. SA has a bunch of missions in each city that follow one other closely and it's the most story driven game in the series, even if the story is standard fare. It's got some of the best missions in the series, though - you infiltrate the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, you assault a Japanese castle full of ninjas and there's a mission that takes place in a cult's temple. IMO, BM and SA are great games and well worth playing, Contracts only if you really like the first two and just skip C47 entirely.

Reviews for AC3 are somewhat disappointing. I picked it up today and played for about an hour and a half. So far I have no major complaints, but obviously I haven't really scratched the surface. With all the talk of Connor being a boring protagonist, I'm slightly apprehensive. You don't start out playing as him and I happen to really like the character I've been playing as so far.