Any game recommendation?

Crysis 3 was pretty average. Nowhere near as interesting as the other ones.

Yeah, they really dumbed it down so it would run on consoles. The first Crysis was fantastic, a real landmark in visual fidelity, but Crytek really messed up trying to capture the console market. Crysis was never going to get as big as COD, but now they've pissed away much of their cred amongst PC gamers.

Edited by That Boy Brandinho

Has anyone here played much of Assassin's Creed III? A friend of mine let me borrow it for a few weeks since he's already finished it, and I'll wait till I finish it too to give my opinions, but it's looking very good so far, stunning visuals and an interesting setting. Some of the reviews for it haven't been the best though.

Has anyone here played much of Assassin's Creed III? A friend of mine let me borrow it for a few weeks since he's already finished it, and I'll wait till I finish it too to give my opinions, but it's looking very good so far, stunning visuals and an interesting setting. Some of the reviews for it haven't been the best though.

I'm baffled by the average reviews. I got AC III when it came out, and i'm still playing it. I love how they've made the combat more fluid and brutal (though still not that difficult by any means). New York and Boston are great settings and the hunting in the Frontier and naval battles at sea provide brilliant variety.

I think it's the best one so far, and i can't wait to get ACIV, the details of which are being released today.

Really? I'll stay tuned in for that. I agree that the combat is much more fun but I expected them to make it at least a little harder, though the guns took to me a while to learn how to use properly.

Ha, i'm a traditionalist! I don't use the guns, only my bow and arrow, Tomahawk, Sword and hidden blade of course.

Yeah ACIV is a pirate adventure apparently, so they've used the naval battle setting from ACIII. By the looks of things you can travel to islands and stuff, loot trasure from sunken ships etc. It's set in 1715 apparently. A Pirates of the Caribbean vibe.

Oh, well that's not too bad. What I really would have loved is maybe a Victorian setting (1880s or therabouts), something like the French Revolution or even in the Old West though that's been done many times before.

The 'simulation' steering setting on Forza 4 is fab, you always feel on edge and your car is very responsive. Too much input will have you sliding out of control sharpish, and you're always on the verge of loosing traction.

The physics have stepped up big time from Forza 3, even when you had the assists turned off on that it often felt a bit too 'arcadey', the cars far too easy to control.

This is a white knuckle thrill ride in every sense, a driving game tour de force.

Yeah, I played it until shortly after the halfway point and haven't touched it since. It wasn't a bad game, but it was loaded with flaws. The combat continues to be dumbed down with every entry in the series - pretty soon all one will need to do is hold down the A button and you'll auto-kill every guard. I also thought Connor was a really poor choice of protagonist, especially after Ezio who was extremely likeable. We essentially went from a Renaissance-era James Bond to a whiny kid with no real identity, nuanced motives or adequate characterization. I also hated just how linear the missions were. There were literally two ways to kill each target - either the "right" way, which would involve traveling a preset path and making a stealth kill, or the "wrong" way, which involved running in and killing everyone in sight. That's very poor level design in a supposedly "open world" game. 

Visually, it's quite solid, the homestead missions were a lot of fun and I loved the missions at sea, but the game is so marred by the above flaws that I couldn't objectively give it more than a 6 or 7/10. I really hope they do better with Black Flag, but I'm not terribly optimistic because of its short development cycle. I'll still keep an eye out for it, though, because it's about time we get a (hopefully) good pirate game. 

I got Assassins Creed when ti came with my new ps3. I've played it a bit, got to a tavern in the snow, but i'm not that into it really, never really played the other ones so have no idea what's going on. Also I can't hit anything with the guns so I have to sword fight everyone and I get killed a lot.

Does anybody here play Toger Woods 13 on PS3?

I haven't tried it since I had 10 on the X-Box and its a bit more difficult but its pretty good, me and my bruv play it over the net and hes set up a Country Club if anyone fancys joining.

When i buy it end of the month i'll have a game i'm not much good find the new one tough to play on.

I got Assassins Creed when ti came with my new ps3. I've played it a bit, got to a tavern in the snow, but i'm not that into it really, never really played the other ones so have no idea what's going on. Also I can't hit anything with the guns so I have to sword fight everyone and I get killed a lot.

It's the sort of game that you need to play from the start so you can completely understand, or at least from the second game since the first one is really bad.

I just came across XCOM: Enemy Unknown by Firaxis Games (creators of Civilization III, IV and V), and I love it. It is a remake of the classic UFO: Enemy Unknown game which I absolutely adored and I think the new version lives up to it, only with a modern interface.

Just got Spec Ops: The Line from PS Plus, excited to find some time to try it out.  Heard the storyline is good and quite "Heart of Darkness"-esque, which is obviously an easy storyline to adapt but can hopefully still be more enjoyable than the mindless CoD "storylines".  

Got Tomb Raider yesterday and it is fantastic well worth the buy

Very tempted to get this, but i have never played a Tomb Raider game, apart from maybe five minutes messing about on a demo.

What's so good about it in particular?

Very tempted to get this, but i have never played a Tomb Raider game, apart from maybe five minutes messing about on a demo.

What's so good about it in particular?

It's quite similar to uncharted but has a longer story and a lot more to do.

Dont even mention that game, It drove me round the bend. brilliant, but so frustratingly difficult.

I almost traded it in less than a week after buying it.

I read up on the online wiki and watched a couple of Youtubes videos for guidance.... I was determined for a game not to get the better of me!

Last night I just finished it for the second time so I've got a decent grasp on it now but it actually made me so angry at first... I thought my Call of Duty rage was bad until I played this. 

I bought the new Sim City today, but having just read the reviews I'm going to take it back for a refund tomorrow. I didn't realise it didn't even save your game on your PC and requires you to be connected to the EA servers all the time just to play. What a load of bullsh*t.

I bought the new Sim City today, but having just read the reviews I'm going to take it back for a refund tomorrow. I didn't realise it didn't even save your game on your PC and requires you to be connected to the EA servers all the time just to play. What a load of bullsh*t.

More and more games will be like that, as at the moment this is the only good way to prevent software piracy.

This is why there is no crack for Diablo 3, only sh*tty server emulators (which never will be as good as the original).

It's quite similar to uncharted but has a longer story and a lot more to do.

Never played Uncharted but the Tomb Raider story was quite short, which I found quite disappointing as the gameplay did such a good job in getting you hooked. Still, it's a very good game. I think it's probably the best of it's franchise to be honest, certainly runs the original very close anyway.