Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

Switch. Zelda fully justifies the 330 quid I (my parents, 30th birthday present.....I'm not too old for this, am I...?) paid for the Switch and the game. It is incredible. 
Get it any way you can, even on Wii U. Do it! And don't come back here until you have done!

Not to old - I think our generation will be gamers for life, although I find I have to be more picky these days due to lack of free time. I'll always find time for a new Zelda game though.

I can get a Wii U for less than £150 on amazon so that definitely has the advantage at the moment.

12 hours ago, bluedave said:

Not to old - I think our generation will be gamers for life, although I find I have to be more picky these days due to lack of free time. I'll always find time for a new Zelda game though.

I can get a Wii U for less than £150 on amazon so that definitely has the advantage at the moment.

Come on, you know what to do next...add to basket...proceed to checkout....yes please, I'd like next day delivery....thank you for your order, a confirmation email has been sent to you

Bit quiet in here recently. What's everyone playing at the minute? 

I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn, good game but got abit repetitive towards the end. End battle was epic. 

Im currently playing Sniper Elite 4 which is as challenging as all the other Sniper games. Good game though. 

Looking forward to getting the new PES in a couple of weeks.  

20 hours ago, JM7 said:

Bit quiet in here recently. What's everyone playing at the minute? 

I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn, good game but got abit repetitive towards the end. End battle was epic. 

Im currently playing Sniper Elite 4 which is as challenging as all the other Sniper games. Good game though. 

Looking forward to getting the new PES in a couple of weeks.  

Still playing Zelda on Switch. I can't get enough. I've finished the main story but I still have loads of shrines to discover and then there is the DLC to do.

My PS4 is gathering dust. I won't be turning it on again till Christmas, when I get the new AC: Origins. 

Not a fan, it's been slaughtered on the biggest pes forum on the net. WENB

its just arcade nonsense, you can literally run with the keeper from your goal and score into the opposition keeper on superstar difficulty. It's ridiculously flawed   

http://winningelevenblog.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24599&start=180

Edited by Chelsbear

i played the pes online beta and it was excellent. Only had a few games on the demo, I find it usually takes a couple of seasons of Ml to get to grips with what's good and bad about the game. Exhibition modes don't play the same as ML imo. 

That goalkeeper trick is worrying, not that it would affect me, as id never resort to it any way, and it wouldn't work in vs matches. 

Not played fifa yet, didn't even end getting 17 as I never got bored of pes. 1st time in 5 years I didn't buy fifa. 

Tempted to get both this year though, career mode looks more intersecting than 16 and the cut scenes for transfer negotiations look quality, although I'd imagine they will start to grate a bit. 

Did you play any PS3 era games?

If not, I would obviously recommend the Last of Us, and the Uncharted Trilogy, and the 4th one. High quality games. Uncharted 1 is a little bit dated now, but 2 is still a masterpiece.

Last of Us, and all the games in the trilogy are PS3 originals though, but re-released on PS4.

20 hours ago, Cam said:

Did you play any PS3 era games?

If not, I would obviously recommend the Last of Us, and the Uncharted Trilogy, and the 4th one. High quality games. Uncharted 1 is a little bit dated now, but 2 is still a masterpiece.

Last of Us, and all the games in the trilogy are PS3 originals though, but re-released on PS4.

Played Uncharted and really enjoyed it. Loved God of War back in the day, any new games in that series?

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Played Uncharted and really enjoyed it. Loved God of War back in the day, any new games in that series?

You played all four Uncharted games?

And not sure about God of War. Never played any of them.

New God of War comes out next year I believe but appears to be a massive departure from the previous, arcade style, hack and slash.

Games worth picking up on PS4, depends on what you like playing but I'd say Infamous Second Son is worth a play and it's free with PS+ this month.

Bloodborne is possibly the best game on PlayStation 4.

Uncharted 4 is very good.

Horizon Zero Dawn was a lot of fun too.

Haven't had time to play anything properly in a long time, but just starting to get into Ghost Recon Wildlands (have owned it for ages) - seems like a really good game, similar to Far Cry which I'm a fan of.

I'll get the new FIFA and COD when they come out. Looking forward to Far Cry 5 in February and Red Dead Redemption next year too.

9 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

New God of War comes out next year I believe but appears to be a massive departure from the previous, arcade style, hack and slash.

Games worth picking up on PS4, depends on what you like playing but I'd say Infamous Second Son is worth a play and it's free with PS+ this month.

Bloodborne is possibly the best game on PlayStation 4.

Uncharted 4 is very good.

Horizon Zero Dawn was a lot of fun too.

Oh man, Horizon...how did I forget that game. That's the last game I completed on the PS4. I loved it.

I haven't played much since then to be honest. I'm waiting on GT Sport and Fifa 18, and in the meantime working through some of my games on Steam.

I've been replaying a lot of the old Assassin's creed games. Going through Rogue now. 

Looking forward to the new FIFA because I really liked the Journey section of the game. 

Destiny 2, and the new Assassin's Creed hit in October which both look great.

Started playing path of exile on the Xbox, a free diablo style game. It's pretty good, I love this style of game and it has some nice touches, such as you don't actually level up, the gems you attach to your gear do.