Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

Not sure if anyone's into tactical shooting strategies, but if you ever want to try one, try the new X-Com 2 War of the Chosen out on Steam. 

Most DLC's are usually money grabs but my god this is like a whole new game, really worth the 40 quid. I hope more games look up to CD Projekt Red's Witcher 3 and it's DLC's. Need more game companies putting everything into games rather than ripping gamers off with crappy content, Bioware with Mass Effect Andromeda was a big one, so glad it got the backlash it deserved. 

29 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Found quite a few things I missed on my first play-through. How the hell did I miss an entire vault with several quests and an awesome robot companion?!!?

Which vault was that? I recently replayed fallout 3 and found loads of new stuff ha ha.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

81 I think, with Curie.

How did you miss that in first play? It's a brilliant bit of the game, and curie was one of my favourite companions.

Bought Destiny 2. 

Good fun, simple game design, nice levelling system (though you hit the level cap quite quickly), decent loot drops, good amount of content. 

Feels an improvement on the first game which by all accounts was decent. 

On 01/09/2017 at 22:56, Chelsbear said:

Ive tried it several times and only failed to score or get a shot away once. It's horrible

Someone is controlling the other team though surely, certainly looks like it to me

I'm waiting for FIFA & maybe that video is just a bad example but someone is definitely pulling the players away IMO

Edited by EdinburghBlue

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Someone is controlling the other team though surely, certainly looks like it to me

I'm waiting for FIFA & maybe that video is just a bad example but someone is definitely pulling the players away IMO

No they are not well maybe in that video but I've done it several times myself on the demo and the same happens.

the full game it doesn't appear thankfully but it was 100% in that demo.

FIFA 18 demo was balls IMO, looked nice but plays exactly like 17

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The keeper was miless outside the goal.

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

No they are not well maybe in that video but I've done it several times myself on the demo and the same happens.

Fair enough... agree regarding FIFA I felt it played worse than 17 personally, it's quite slow and clunky (if that makes sense) having said that I'll still get it & smash the hell out of it :laugh2:

On 13/09/2017 at 19:42, dkw said:

How did you miss that in first play? It's a brilliant bit of the game, and curie was one of my favourite companions.

Is it worth playing the older Fallout games? I've only ever played 4. Should I go back to the start and play Fallout 1? Or just go back to 3?

7 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Is it worth playing the older Fallout games? I've only ever played 4. Should I go back to the start and play Fallout 1? Or just go back to 3?

Fallout 1 and 2 were completely different games. If it's the gameplay of 4 you're looking for, I'd suggest just 3 and New Vegas.

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

3 is the best one by far of the new style ones, new Vegas is fantastic too. 1 & 2 are top down old school turn based rpg's, very different to the new ones. But I love 2, I replayed it about a year ago and lost many hours to it.

Might try 3, I think it's in my steam library anyway, although a lot of reviews say it doesn't work in Windows 10.

Or I could reload Skyrim again. hmmm.

The problem I find with most of these RPGs is they are still basically combat-focussed. The "adventure" is mostly just from wandering around the open worlds, and then getting into fights. I'd love a game like those, but with a more heavy focus on just the adventure side, without having to fight everything all the time. 

17 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Might try 3, I think it's in my steam library anyway, although a lot of reviews say it doesn't work in Windows 10.

Or I could reload Skyrim again. hmmm.

The problem I find with most of these RPGs is they are still basically combat-focussed. The "adventure" is mostly just from wandering around the open worlds, and then getting into fights. I'd love a game like those, but with a more heavy focus on just the adventure side, without having to fight everything all the time. 

Have you played Pillars of Eternity or Torment: Tides of Numenera? 

4 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

Don't think that's a bad thing, 17 was my favourite for a long time, gameplay wise.

18 minutes ago, undertow said:

Have you played Pillars of Eternity or Torment: Tides of Numenera? 

I tried Pillars of Eternity, but couldn't get to grips with the party system. The really complicated, D&D-style things confuse the hell out of me.

38 minutes ago, RichardCFC said:

Don't think that's a bad thing, 17 was my favourite for a long time, gameplay wise.

I hated 17 personally. 15 was the last FIFA that I enjoyed. It's regurgitated rubbish now IMO