Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

Played a few games of PES 2018. Plays quite well, you can defntely feel the slow pace of the game. Positives - more technical and focus on building up play. Cons - can be slightly frustrating playing slower. 

Decent though, new kits look beautiful as well

loving pes. Jumped straight in on superstar since there is legend difficulty to unlock. I think it is much more challenging this year, there isn't really a set way to score, at least I haven't found one in half a season master league yet. 

Gameplay is really good although the big negatives for me are the lack of fouls by the cpu, I went about 5 full 10 min games without being fouled once. I read they are looking at a patch to fix this, but it has been an issue for a few years now. 

I think the main focus now should be towards a complete overhaul of the game modes, I have only played master league, but it is like fifa 12, feels very out dated, transfers are unrealistic, players that start the game out in loan like zouma, are actually permantly at their loan clubs, and their is a serious lack of injuries, meaning you only really need an 18/19 man squad maximium. 

I don't think il be getting fifa again this year, but I would love pes to borrow a few things from career mode, to bring master league forward. Fifa' s transfer negotiations look awesome this year. 

15 hours ago, big blue said:

loving pes. Jumped straight in on superstar since there is legend difficulty to unlock. I think it is much more challenging this year, there isn't really a set way to score, at least I haven't found one in half a season master league yet. 

Gameplay is really good although the big negatives for me are the lack of fouls by the cpu, I went about 5 full 10 min games without being fouled once. I read they are looking at a patch to fix this, but it has been an issue for a few years now. 

I think the main focus now should be towards a complete overhaul of the game modes, I have only played master league, but it is like fifa 12, feels very out dated, transfers are unrealistic, players that start the game out in loan like zouma, are actually permantly at their loan clubs, and their is a serious lack of injuries, meaning you only really need an 18/19 man squad maximium. 

I don't think il be getting fifa again this year, but I would love pes to borrow a few things from career mode, to bring master league forward. Fifa' s transfer negotiations look awesome this year. 

That was the case on last year's FIFA for some players. Not quite sure why something so simple is wrong.

Edited by RichardCFC

On 15/09/2017 at 19:23, Zeta said:

I tried Pillars of Eternity, but couldn't get to grips with the party system. The really complicated, D&D-style things confuse the hell out of me.

Zeta have you tried the new Divinity Original Sin 2? VERY good so far, especially if you like story narrative games. 

Honestly, I hope people do start buying PES, it'll stop FIFA from releasing mediocre lazy product they do every year.

It's actually becoming the same with Football Manager, I used to love that game and I still do play it, but it's the laziest game on the market, barely any changes/progress made. 

I've pre ordered the Ronaldo edition of Fifa 18 for the 3 days early access mainly from Smyth's toy store. Does anyone know how that works? Do you pick up the physical copy early or do you get emailed a code or something?

On 16/09/2017 at 10:06, dkw said:

I hope a deathclaw got hold of whoever made that video...

To be honest, I'm 22 and I much prefer the original Fallouts before Bethesda were involved, well Fallout 2 anyway, that was a classic. 

Fallout 4 for me was such a letdown, the game felt dumbed down, role-playing just didn't exist you were forced to be a good guy and the Mass Effect speech element just didn't get pulled off well. Fallout 3 however I felt was a great game at the time, not so much now, I think New Vegas is the best Fallout out of the new 3 Fallout's that have been made by far. 

The combat system in Fallout 4 was excellent though, they need to keep that, loved playing melee. I just hope Todd Howard doesn't screw up TES6 because I'll be really f**king angry. 

18 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Zeta have you tried the new Divinity Original Sin 2? VERY good so far, especially if you like story narrative games. 

I downloaded it yesterday, but haven't played it yet, as I was waiting for some people so I could join their multiplayer one.

I played a couple of hours of singleplayer, does anyone else have it and want to play together? I don't know if i'm going to play with these other cocks, as they're already several hours into it.

Edited by Zeta

On 20/09/2017 at 10:58, Slojo said:

It's actually becoming the same with Football Manager, I used to love that game and I still do play it, but it's the laziest game on the market, barely any changes/progress made. 

I still play FM10, I found it just started getting over complicated and took forever with all the media bollocks etc etc. 

Currently on my second play through of the witcher 3 and highly addicted to gwent. 

Why is it so hard to pick a Race/Class combination in RPGs? I always end up restarting so many times because I can't pick what I want to do. I like being a ranged archer type, but then again I also like the sound of smashing people with magic. But then again, its always fun to just go flying in with a f**k-off hammer and smash some heads.

I usually play through a few times with different classes, but I normally start with the warrio type class. The one thing I struggle with is to do a bad guy play through, I try but just can't be evil in games ha ha....

19 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I still play FM10, I found it just started getting over complicated and took forever with all the media bollocks etc etc. 

Currently on my second play through of the witcher 3 and highly addicted to gwent. 

FM10 was my first FM, I used to play FIFA Manager before that.

And as for TW3 which is no doubt one of the greatest games of all time, I f**king hate gwent. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

And as for TW3 which is no doubt one of the greatest games of all time, I f**king hate gwent. 

FM05 for me. I hated gwent on my first play through but with new game plus I had a good hand with the few cards I'd picked up, plus being able to buy the same ones makes your hand stronger. Also if you're really bad but want to trophies etc. you can turn the difficulty down! 

On 9/22/2017 at 15:26, Zeta said:

Why is it so hard to pick a Race/Class combination in RPGs? I always end up restarting so many times because I can't pick what I want to do. I like being a ranged archer type, but then again I also like the sound of smashing people with magic. But then again, its always fun to just go flying in with a f**k-off hammer and smash some heads.

Easy, choose what you like. A good rpg is about the story, not about maxing out your stats.

On 9/22/2017 at 17:16, Slojo said:

On 9/22/2017 at 18:51, Munkworth said:

FM05 for me. I hated gwent on my first play through but with new game plus I had a good hand with the few cards I'd picked up, plus being able to buy the same ones makes your hand stronger. Also if you're really bad but want to trophies etc. you can turn the difficulty down! 

CM01/02 was the best.

On 9/20/2017 at 11:00, RIP Mourinho said:

I've pre ordered the Ronaldo edition of Fifa 18 for the 3 days early access mainly from Smyth's toy store. Does anyone know how that works? Do you pick up the physical copy early or do you get emailed a code or something?

Having looked on Amazon mate it's a download code.

On 20/08/2016 at 17:23, Blueblur said:

At a stag do with my mate who works for Rockstar.

Here's some inside info: You get to play as dual protagonists. This info the gaming media already has hold off, but it's an unconfirmed rumour, but I can confirm it. You get to play as a man called Arthur, who teaches a very young John Marsden the ways of the west. So it's a prequel.

My mate says they are currently working on the trailer, which will be released soon. He says it looks fantastic, and they hope to release the game next year. So there you go, it's coming.

So, I was correct! New trailer for RDR2 looks great, shame it's still quite a while until release! 

On 9/27/2017 at 12:13, Zeta said:

Ok, i'm pretty f**king obsessed with Divinity Origin Sin 2 at the moment, got about 40 hours on it already.

I bought into the early alpha where you could only play the first island, super excited that it's finally released in full. Will need to jump back into it. 

Sadly I also got Batman Arkham something or other, it's not as good as the other Batman games sadly. Seems a pretty crap rehash.