Anyone played Ghost of Tsushima? Is it worth getting?

I'm just finishing up God of War (WHAT a game!) and I need something equally as epic to fulfil my open-world itch. I love the Assassin's Creed games as i'm sure most of you are sick of hearing about and GoT looks great and got good reviews. 

There is nothing to play on PS5 right now and I'm using this time to play the final few PS4 games I missed out on.

1 hour ago, Blueblur said:

Anyone played Ghost of Tsushima? Is it worth getting?

I'm just finishing up God of War (WHAT a game!) and I need something equally as epic to fulfil my open-world itch. I love the Assassin's Creed games as i'm sure most of you are sick of hearing about and GoT looks great and got good reviews. 

There is nothing to play on PS5 right now and I'm using this time to play the final few PS4 games I missed out on.

Yeah it’s a fantastic game. One of my top 5 games on PS4. 

Great combat, storyline and cenimatics. If you like AC, you will love GoT. 

20 hours ago, JM7 said:

Yeah it’s a fantastic game. One of my top 5 games on PS4. 

Great combat, storyline and cenimatics. If you like AC, you will love GoT. 

16 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I second what @JM7 says, brilliant game!

Thanks for the responses, I've ordered it from Ebay and it's arriving on Friday! 

Just to confirm this is God of War we’re taking about?

On mine, there is a PlayStation Collection tab where the store is. In that part there is a lot of free to download games, it’s one of those in there.

1 hour ago, Mod Stark said:

Just to confirm this is God of War we’re taking about?

On mine, there is a PlayStation Collection tab where the store is. In that part there is a lot of free to download games, it’s one of those in there.

Oh sorry, was talking about Ghost Tsushima. I've got God of War and have just completed it. Amazing game. 

Been playing Returnal. 

I've always struggled with bullet hell games I enjoyed a couple of other games that Housemarque had made like Resogun and Alienation. 

Returnal is hard and there is no save system. Basically you have to get as far as you can in one life, including boss fights. 

The map procedurally generates too, so you can't even learn the the layout. 

I've made it up to the third boss at the moment and it's just ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Been playing Returnal. 

I've always struggled with bullet hell games I enjoyed a couple of other games that Housemarque had made like Resogun and Alienation. 

Returnal is hard and there is no save system. Basically you have to get as far as you can in one life, including boss fights. 

Yeah I’ll wait until it’s free on PS Plus - I don’t normally have hours to just sit and plough into a game so f**k that noise. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Been playing Returnal. 

Wait..what? No save point at all? If you die you start all over again? That sounds crazy!

It’s so dry in terms of new games. I’m replaying HZD but struggling to get into it a little as I’ve already played it. Find it hard to replay games. 

45 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Wait..what? No save point at all? If you die you start all over again? That sounds crazy!

If you beat a boss it will open up shortcuts into the new areas but you still have to get to the shortcut after dying. 

Then in in the current area you are in you need to progress to a certain point which will mean you play through the later stage of an area to get to the boss. But to get to a boss you'll need to clear upto 10 "rooms" to start the boss battle. But health replensihment is sparse so you might need to start a boss fight with half health. 

It's pretty unforgiving. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If you beat a boss it will open up shortcuts into the new areas but you still have to get to the shortcut after dying. 

Then in in the current area you are in you need to progress to a certain point which will mean you play through the later stage of an area to get to the boss. But to get to a boss you'll need to clear upto 10 "rooms" to start the boss battle. But health replensihment is sparse so you might need to start a boss fight with half health. 

It's pretty unforgiving. 

I was all for this game until I read a few reviews and found out about the 'run's you have to do and lack of save points. Not for me. I like to relax playing games, I would be a tense mess playing Returnal! 

I remember Resogun though, I played that years ago when the PS4 first came out. Spent hours trying to get past one certain bit which took me several weeks to do. I remember finally completing the level and falling to my knees, practically in tears of joy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Resident Evil Village was very good, played it non-stop over the weekend. Blended together RE4 and RE7 really really well.

Just wish it was longer than 10 hours. Definitely feel I got my money's worth playing it though, no filler and it was creative from start to finish.

On 08/05/2021 at 12:07, Munkworth said:

Got Stranded Deep off PS Plus for free. Thought it’d be like subnautica but f**k me it’s tedious. Controls are clunky and there’s no real direction after the tutorial. 

I had a quick blast of that. It seems ok but I can’t be doing with the endless looting and crafting. 

There’s a real lack of games out at the minute. Pretty dull. 

On 19/05/2021 at 11:34, JM7 said:

I had a quick blast of that. It seems ok but I can’t be doing with the endless looting and crafting. 

There’s a real lack of games out at the minute. Pretty dull. 

Agreed, it's dead out there. I'm enjoying Ghost of Tsushima though, it's a beautiful game. 

On 21/05/2021 at 12:23, JM7 said:

I bought Sleeping Dogs from the PS store as it is only £3. Forgotten how good the game is. Really underrated game. 

Great game! I love the combat, makes the fighting in the GTA games look stilted in comparison. Slamming someone’s head repeatedly in a car door or shoving it in a furnace never gets old