Any game recommendation?

Might have a game break from AC Valhalla. I’ve ploughed about 30 hours in so far but finding it abit repetitive. Good game but the story hasn’t quite captured me unfortunately. 

Might see if I can pick up Watchdogs Legion. There are some decent games coming out in the autumn. 

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Anybody see the Steam Deck? Honestly, it looks pretty good. Not much of a handheld gamer, but if I was, then it would replace the Switch instantly.

Never heard of it, I was just thinking I might get a switch. I’ve got like £200 of vouchers at Game and cock all to spend it on with PS5 games being infrequent and/or sh*t!

2 hours ago, CaitlinCFC said:

From £350 though.

Not much more than people are willing to pay for a Switch and this thing is a lot more powerful. I decided not to reserve a spot in the end though because I just don't see me using it much. If I am playing games, I am always sitting at my desk on my pc, so I don't see where the Steam Deck would fit into my life.

Picked up Watchdogs - quite enjoying it so far and like you said, it’s fun driving round London. Manage to spot any football stadiums?

One thing that’s annoying me is the whole losing hour operatives for 1 hour. It’s way too long and limiting. I can’t complete a mission because the person/gadget that I need is injured. Stupid system. 

On 18/07/2021 at 03:39, JM7 said:

Picked up Watchdogs - quite enjoying it so far and like you said, it’s fun driving round London. Manage to spot any football stadiums?

One thing that’s annoying me is the whole losing hour operatives for 1 hour. It’s way too long and limiting. I can’t complete a mission because the person/gadget that I need is injured. Stupid system. 

I didn't manage to find any football stadiums- I think that's because the map is truncated so you can't drive to Fulham for example to see Stamford Bridge or go that far east to see the London Stadium etc.

Yes that is annoying! Can't you get around that through by recruiting more operatives? I don't remember exactly how it worked.

54 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

I didn't manage to find any football stadiums- I think that's because the map is truncated so you can't drive to Fulham for example to see Stamford Bridge or go that far east to see the London Stadium etc.

Yes that is annoying! Can't you get around that through by recruiting more operatives? I don't remember exactly how it worked.

Yeah you can recruit doctors and lawyers. Makes it easier when you’ve got more than 3 operatives. 

Dont know if this game has already been mentioned but im playing this game called Control on the PS5. So glad I added it to my library months ago when it was free.

A mix of Max Payne and Inception with a horror vibe so playing at night is sure to give you goosebumps at times.

Not even finished it and already one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Absolute genius of a creation. I wish I could buy the developers a beer.

12 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Dont know if this game has already been mentioned but im playing this game called Control on the PS5. So glad I added it to my library months ago when it was free.

A mix of Max Payne and Inception with a horror vibe so playing at night is sure to give you goosebumps at times.

Not even finished it and already one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Absolute genius of a creation. I wish I could buy the developers a beer.

My brothers been playing it for ages so it must be ok at worst!

12 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I saw some gameplay and thought it looked great! Once I have completed Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on my Switch I'm going to get it.

2 hours ago, Blueblur said:

I saw some gameplay and thought it looked great! Once I have completed Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on my Switch I'm going to get it.

I would recommend playing it on the ps4/ps5 over the Switch for frame rate and gfx reasons just incase. Volume up and in darkness for full immersion. 

1 hour ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I would recommend playing it on the ps4/ps5 over the Switch for frame rate and gfx reasons just incase. Volume up and in darkness for full immersion. 

I absolutely mean to play it on my PS5; Control isn’t available on Switch anyway, it isn’t powerful enough to run it! 

I quote enjoyed Control, felt like the old half life, system shock types of games. Got a bit samey though I thought.

Currently loving flying around the skies on Flight Simulator, obviously first thing I did was fly over my house, work, footie pitches etc. Its bloody ridiculous how detailed it all is, banging round New york in a Cessna last night with live weather etc was amazing.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

I quote enjoyed Control, felt like the old half life, system shock types of games. Got a bit samey though I thought.

Currently loving flying around the skies on Flight Simulator, obviously first thing I did was fly over my house, work, footie pitches etc. Its bloody ridiculous how detailed it all is, banging round New york in a Cessna last night with live weather etc was amazing.

How accurate is it? I’ve heard it’s pretty amazing but could you actually see your house in any detail?? I don’t have a PC or Xbox so can’t play 😞

55 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

How accurate is it? I’ve heard it’s pretty amazing but could you actually see your house in any detail?? I don’t have a PC or Xbox so can’t play 😞

Yeah could tell it was my house, even made out my neighbours car, and stuff at work. It's ridiculous. 

Edited by dkw

This is coming out next year, rumors are that @Munkworth didn't spend all his money on socks just so that he can pre-order this one.

I think that playing as an animal is really nice, there are not so many developers that tried to make a game like this. In gta 5 you can eat some special plant and "turn into" an animal for fun but nobody has ever tried to make a full game like this that is from the perspective of a cat or whatever...

There is this youtube channel about which animal is the overpowered choice for a particular imaginative game server, fun concept if you ask me, I would be interested in an open world type of a survival game where you choose to be an animal and just go for it without magic, guns and superpowers though some animals basically have superpowers so there's that...:

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

This is coming out next year, rumors are that @Munkworth didn't spend all his money on socks just so that he can pre-order this one. 

Next year?!?! It’s been delayed again :sad:

I don’t believe in preordering games but I’m willing to make an exception here…

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here a far cry fan? Slightly embarrassed to say I've never played any of them but currently downloading far cry 5 as it was £7 on steam so thought I'd give it a go.... hope it's worth the crazy dowload time!