Arkham City

ace
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hmm I have a few games to trade in, wondering whether I should wait for the new Assasin's Creed or get this one first. Suppose I can get both.

Is it worth playing the original first, or I'll have no worries without playing it?

I recommend playing the first one first, mostly because it's one of the best games you'll ever play, but City is a direct sequel to Asylum, given how the first one ended...but I don't honestly see any reason why you shouldn't be okay by going straight to Arkham City.

Spiller - This is probably only in the USA, but there were a ton of different promotions here to get you to buy the game at their store. I chose Target because of the free Blu-Ray Dark Knight, but Wal-Mart's promotion was a free copy of Arkham Asylum: GotY Edition with your purchase. Not sure what kind of stores are down in Australia (I think that's where you're from?) but it would be worth a look for any such promotions.

The first one is great and introduces you to a unique style of gameplay. It also introduces you to loads of characters and story development.

I highly recommend the first one, but I don't think you'd never understand the second one without having played the first

Spoiler free post: Beat it earlier today. The story is still too short for my liking after shelling out 60 bucks, but that's also because it was so enjoyable I didn't want it to end. This game does a better job of giving you things to do afterwards, like going back to complete side quests. Also, I just read that there will be DLC for this one that will add missions in the form of Robin and Nightwing (I think missions?), so that should be interesting. I really enjoyed playing as Catwoman, so fast!

Storywise, the game is very good and is overall a better game than the first, which is saying a lot.

Started this last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didnt play the first one but thought I would give it a bash while waiting on Skyrim coming out ( and after being massively frustrated by Dark Souls). Still getting to grips with the nuances, not entirely sure how to use the gadgets etc.

The thing Im struggling with most is the sheer amount of stuff to do as your crossing the map. I dont know what to do first or whether to bother with half the stuff. Then a bloody phone rings, and I want to follow that.

I know what you're talking about dkw. I'm going to do something and then I hear a political prisoner being assaulted or see a Riddle trophy I think I can get.

One of my complaints is that there are too many enemy respawns in the city. I'd like to do more street-level exploring without having to fight my way through a bunch of guys.

So I am basically done with everything (the game is a little short, but also keep in mind I am currently unemployed haha) except for the Riddler stuff. A little annoyed that you have to collect so much stuff to keep the mission going. I've heard it's 400 total things to beat the mission, and I'm only about 2/3 the way done. Not sure if I'll ever finish it, but I'm not quite fed up with it yet.

Yeah I was a little disappointed with how short it was. The main story anyway, but I haven't played the Catwoman bits. (should I? I see you can't get into Poison Ivy's place as Batman, but apart from that doesn't seem much)

Riddler and Zsasz both seem to be kind of tedious side missions.