Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrollBoy

Football Manager 2012

How many of you on here play it? just in the middle of downloading it now,

do you take over chelsea straight away or take over a small club and work your way up?

is it deserving of the hype? i havent played a football manager since champ manager 00/01 which was the best game ive ever played

I've played every Football Manager since 2006. I always seem to play them a lot, they are awesome and so addicting. I usually go straight to Chelsea and play for a while then I'd move to another team or league. However on FM 2012 I am currently half way through the 2021/2022 season still as Chelsea manager. I've won 7 league titles, 3 FA Cup and 2 Champions Leagues in my 12 years in charge. I'm setting a target of overtaking Fergie on the hall of fame then I'll stop playing as it gets quite boring!

I've played every Football Manager since 2006. I always seem to play them a lot, they are awesome and so addicting. I usually go straight to Chelsea and play for a while then I'd move to another team or league. However on FM 2012 I am currently half way through the 2021/2022 season still as Chelsea manager. I've won 7 league titles, 3 FA Cup and 2 Champions Leagues in my 12 years in charge. I'm setting a target of overtaking Fergie on the hall of fame then I'll stop playing as it gets quite boring!

haha wow thats addicted!!... its soo much more complicated than champ manager haha

I've played every Football Manger since 2005...best game series I've played. There's occasional annoying bugs, but frankly it's the most complete management simulator you can find.

I usually start with Chelsea, but it doesn't take long for me to start a new challenge game (such as taking Cambridge United to the top or taking Montrose from bottom of Scotland to the top...that sort of thing). Or you can start with a low team, get them performing well, and move if a higher club shows interest in you, and keep doing that till you can't go any further. I struggle with that one, because I build an affinity with teams that I build, and don't tend to like leaving them when I could just keep improving them. Often I end up taking a number of my best young players from one team to another (assuming I have the budget to do so).

Whatever you decide, if you haven't played a FM game, there could be a steep learning curve trying to find and understand all the aspects of the game, but once that's done, you should enjoy it.

2005? Bloody new comers....I`ve played it since it was Championship Manager way back in the early 90`s. You young uns dont know how good you`ve got it.....

Haven't played it in a while but I always start with Chelsea, win loads and then start at the bottom again. Once, being extremely childish, I took over at Liverpool, sold Torres, Alonso, Gerrard, Reina & Masch at cheap-o prices and got sacked after being purposely crap.

An amazing game, the amount of detail that goes into that game is fantastic. I used to play LMA and championship manager and now FM2012, half way through first season with Chelsea and top of the league, Torres and Sturridge are tearing it up as a front two (if only irl).

On the last game Roman built a new stadium and called the 'Chelsea Arena'

My housemate downloaded it off steam the other day as they're doing a deal for £7.99, not sure if thats still going on but thats a bargain.

I play it on my PSP.

I started at Chelsea and was sacked after a few months. Then went to Oxford and got them promoted to league 1 in my first season with them. The next season i took them to mid table before leaving for dirty Leeds. in my second season i got them promoted to the Premier league, the next season i got them into the europa cup, the next season i won the europa cup and finished 6th. Then i left to manage Motherwell and won the league in my first season, second season i won all domestic comps but went out in the group stage of the CL, went into the europa cup and got to the final losing to Real Madrid. The next season i won the league in March and finished the season 30 points above 2nd place and i won the Champions league. I left that summer to take over Real Zaragotha (sp). In my first season i finished 7th. Half way through my second season United came calling, i turned them down. Then Chelsea begged me to come back, i accepted. Finished the first season in second place but won the CL and FA cup. Second season i won the league and CL. That summer i left for Barca. first season i wont the league cup and the league. Second season i won the league by 10 points, the league cup and the CL. Im now in my 3rd season with Barca waiting for a good job to come up in Italy.

2005? Bloody new comers....I`ve played it since it was Championship Manager way back in the early 90`s. You young uns dont know how good you`ve got it.....

Every year since 2005. I also had CM 3 and 4 and many other management sims (FA Premier League Manager 2002 being an old favourite of mine).

I'm sorry I wasn't playing management sims in the early 90's when I was around 1 year old...I was on my way to learning not to crap my pants ;). Nearly got it now too...and only a couple of decades later. Go me.

these press conferences in the 2012 game are such a waste of time. I always let RDM attend them, now the media label me as Media shy.

Press conferences are tedious. I like having high stats, so I attend them all...but they're soooo repetitive and unnecessary. If they're going to make it so repetitive at least make the number of press conferences you need to attend lower. Like one or two a month.

Essien still has top top potential, but his current is down alot. Not sure if you can get it back up.

I'm still conquering the world in FM2011 as manager of Chelsea and England, haven't bought 2012 yet.

I'd love them to do a series of retro FM games - imagine managing Chelsea in 1970, or taking over Eddie Mac's team in 1977, I'd never sleep again!

I'd love them to do a series of retro FM games

The amount of research they'd have to do to get the stats for the players would be too much work for the amount of profit they'd be likely to get from selling the retro versions. And the makers of the current game probably are up to their eyeballs in work to get the regular game out every year anyway. I could see some fan made unofficial versions being made, though.

The amount of research they'd have to do to get the stats for the players would be too much work for the amount of profit they'd be likely to get from selling the retro versions. And the makers of the current game probably are up to their eyeballs in work to get the regular game out every year anyway. I could see some fan made unofficial versions being made, though.

Yeah, you're right, it would be a monumental task to research all the players. And apart from the players, you'd have different stadiums, team colours, competitions, football rules...hell, even countries (be good to see Yugoslavia again!).

I'd be happy to do some research for someone if they wanted to give it a go :reading:

Come to think of it, how would one go about getting information on some of the smaller leagues and more obscure teams from the '70s? I'm sure you could find the basic information like player names, numbers and such "fairly easily", but formations and player stats would probably be next to impossible to get right when there's no internet and there weren't so many televised matches back then. I think the various divisions in English Football League could be doable and then of course the domestic cup competitions, but even that would be a mammoth of a task. If you did an English League version that's based in the latter half of the '80s you wouldn't have to worry about European competitions, so not only would it be a less daunting task, it would be realistic as well.

Well what they do with research for the modern FM is that they have a fan do their own club. As in they give them scores for their attributes and such. Then they have someone else decide what the rough ability level of a club is so they can get the stats to translate properly across the leagues.

I'd assume that if they'd do a retro version they'd use the same method just asking older fans for their ideas as to the stats and stuff.

I finally got this yesterday and am just getting into a Chelsea game, I only signed Willian and Hazard and sold Ferreira and Kalou. I thought you'd all like to know that. I'm 7 games in with a 100% home record, I've only dropped points with an away defeat at Old Trafford and Swansea equalising at the Liberty late on after Mikel decided he wanted to get sent off and flying kicked Joe Allen in the back...

Im now the manager of Juve, i won the league in my first season, now in my second season im top of the table with only a few games to go and in the league cup final. Once ive won everything in Italy im not sure on where to go next.

Once ive won everything in Italy im not sure on where to go next.

Just a league and cup double? When you win Supercoppa Italiana, UEFA Super Cup, Serie A, Coppa Italia, Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup during the same season, then you can start to wonder where to go next. :happy001: