Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 14:03, Zeta said:

I slid to the floor and my dad ran outside into the garden :laugh2:

Brilliant

Thinking it was two Marco Tardelli goal style celebrations

With hindsight, this must have been one of the most pivotal games in Chelsea's history. Not just because it gave us a shot at a maiden CL, but that the resultant victory also attracted Eden Hazard (and possibly even Oscar/Azpi) to our club the season after. It is difficult to see how we could have won either our 2014-15 or 2016-17 PL titles without Hazard and Azpi's collective contribution - even Oscar played very well during the first half of 2014-15 before burning out.   

I shudder to think of where we would have been without that CL title. It could have been as bleak as trying to make do with the likes of Marko Marin (who was apparently a poor performer with Werder Bremen the season before) and Victor Moses (who was at best OK during 2012-13) across an entire season. 

Jesus, reading the older pages of this thread of people being happy making it to the final made me really nostalgic. I remember the moment the semi-final ended and it was confirmed Chelsea had made it, legit remember not sleeping. The final itself was so tense, when Muller scored that goal I remember crying on the inside, but of course when Drogba scored all was good in the world. That penalty shootout was so surreal, but of course the stars were aligned for Drogba to leave Chelsea on the biggest high and win us the Champions League by that penalty. All in all, one of if not the best nights of my life.

That season was so special, the squad had such ups and downs it was like the hardest season in many ways, some wins I will remember forever...

...I went 200% mental when Ivanovic scored against Napoli at home for the 5:4 in extra time, only to run on the balcony screaming my lungs out when Torres fu***d the Uefalona scum...

...I was the most calm during the final itself which is odd, when Muller scored my wife and me just looked at eachother and without saying a word we kinda searched for a distraction around the room and after that corner when Drogba scored I was sure that it was going to be our night, it was a huge sense of relief after the penalties, was like a story for all ages, glory against all odds.