Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

Might be my favourite video from that night. The way the Germans were about to cheer at 4:05 is brilliant, then the roars when Cech saves then Drogba scores are unforgettable.

Also some c**t is chanting "Drogba in the zoo" as he's walking up.

I cant understand why my heart starting beat so fast especially when I know the bloody outcome.

Tears in my eyes after that video. I love so many aspects of it - the fact the German keeps videoing after his team has lost is amazing! How our players don't know which way to run (Lamps, Ash, Luiz towards our fans, Bosingwa, Cahill, Torres towards Drogba & Cech, Mata just collapses on the spot, Drogba doesn't know what to do with himself... Then our bench running on the field after Cech's second save... Our players in the centre circle's reaction when Munich miss their pens... So many things you notice from that video - majestic. Thank you German!

None of our players know what do do with theirselves :laugh2:  :biggrin:

The German comment is funny (although I seem to hear something about Drogba that is totally unacceptable, hopefully I heard it wrong), especially the endlessly repeated "Bitte, bitte"  :biggrin:

The best part is the Chelsea roar in another part of the stadium, and the Bayern silence  ::ChELSeAFaN::

The German comment is funny (although I seem to hear something about Drogba that is totally unacceptable, hopefully I heard it wrong), especially the endlessly repeated "Bitte, bitte"  :biggrin:

The best part is the Chelsea roar in another part of the stadium, and the Bayern silence  ::ChELSeAFaN::

I enjoyed the 'nein, nein, nein' as Drogba was about to score!

And I still think Luiz is going to blast his penalty into orbit.

GLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORYGLORY

To go with all the Vids on here....this is the radio 5 live commentary highlights and post match celebrations.

https://m.mixcloud.com/bluesboy/chelsea-win-champions-league-against-bayern-munich-may-2012-highlights-bbc-radio-5-live-commentary/

Commentators didn't sound as excited as Townsend and Neville for Drogba's goal but the rest was great.

Like everyone else, I'm still so bloody nervous watching this.

One thing I've only just realised, did the penalty shoot-out really only last 7 1/2 minutes?! It felt like a lifetime!

Haha it really did, the weirdest thing for me is I can't really remember the game just the goals at the end, the penalty in extra time and the pens.

I remember I was so calm watching it on TV and when Muller scored I thought Ah well we did well to get to the final. Then when Drogba scored after going mental the nerves finally kicked in.

I wasn't nervous all the way through the knockout stages until that moment cause I wasn't expecting us to be win it.

I've said here before that I was at my niece's hen-night and me and my other niece were following the match on her phone under the table.  But as the match went on, we were less and less subtle and by the time of the penalties, half of us were crowded round the phone watching it.  When we missed the first one, I thought, like you, "ah well".  I couldn't believe it when they missed the last ones after being ahead - I just couldn't see it happening once Juan missed.  

But the thing that got me was as Didier stepped up to take the decisive penalty, my niece said "Didi - it's destiny!"  which is just what I said when JT stepped up in Moscow.  I knew then he was going to miss....... The restaurant weren't very pleased with us when I was wrong.  

I was in a chelsea bar that's since closed with my brother and it was a crazy night. Gutted when they scored then the Drogba goal gave us hope. Then he gave away a penalty........................Cech saves! !! Then the penalties. The bar we were in had loads of tvs, but we were watching it on the big screen which seemed to have a delay of about 2 or 3 seconds. There was a big drunk dude who wasn't a Chelsea fan but was watching it on another screen, which had the game a little faster. He was putting his thumbs up and down as the players were about to hit so we sort of knew if they were going in. So nervous! Very annoying but had to keep glancing at him! When I saw his thumb going up for Drogba I didn't know if he was messing and a few seconds later beer went everywhere! Tops came off and swung in the air, people on tables and chairs. Mad night!

Ha Zola!  I had forgotten until you said about the delay but I was following text updates on my phone while watching the action on my niece's.  So I knew that they, for instance, missed from a corner etc before I saw it.  And of course knew they scored before I saw it.  Made it somehow less nerve-racking.  But I think I must've stopped following the texts as I didn't know Robben missed the pen or that we had conceded it before I saw it.  Maybe my phone died - I really can't remember now.  I do remember that it was the next day I took a new phone contract out as I had time to kill before I got the train home.  I would've signed up to anything on that day - it wasn't the best decision I made!

Best night of my life...Watching that video from the German end is brilliant.

I've never been so calm watching a game, normally I can't even watch penalties in games where we're not playing, but I never covered my eyes once !

I also love the Ruud Gullit/Jaymee Redknapp story...Ha Ha top top Jaymee was gutted for his old Man....

Edited by SHELLY

Best night of my life...Watching that video from the German end is brilliant.

I've never been so calm watching a game, normally I can't even watch penalties in games where we're not playing, but I never covered my eyes once !

I also love the Ruud Gullit/Jaymee Redknapp story...Ha Ha top top Jaymee was gutted for his old Man....

Lucky you.

After Ollic missed that golden chance in extra time, I couldn't watch no more. My body wouldn't allow it.

I sat out through pens in silence and used a forum to keep track of the shootout.

A friend of mine couldn't watch the penalties. He left his house and sat in his car. Only knew that he had won when one of his sons came out, knocked on the car windon and said that the Germans had lost on penalties.

it was a long journey to and from Munich. Must have been about 12 hours each way in the coach. Several beers in Munich and about four hours sleep over the weekend but what a night. Lost count of the number of texts with congratulations which I received..

A few days later was in a pub with some of the people I work with. One of them is a Spurs fan. I asked him if he had enjoyed his weekend. He told me to f*ck off. Charming.

When Didi stepped up I thought to myself please please please.... He scored I went mental, I cried and the rest is history.

It's weird I watched the Moscow final with my mates and the Munich final I watched on my own. Everyone was ringing me after, best sporting night of my life.

When Didi stepped up I thought to myself please please please.... He scored I went mental, I cried and the rest is history.

It's weird I watched the Moscow final with my mates and the Munich final I watched on my own. Everyone was ringing me after, best sporting night of my life.

I watched the Moscow game with 6 mates, 3 of whom were Utd fans, it was horrible.

I watched the Moscow game with 6 mates, 3 of whom were Utd fans, it was horrible.

I watched it with a Liverpool and Arsenal fan, both wanted us to win.

That Moscow loss came at one of the worst periods in my life, my Uncle had died not long before, I was off with work with stress and things with me and my girlfriend at that time were very strained (we actually broke up the filling Monday).

Compare that to Munich where I was happiest I'd been for ages and had a lovely fiancé (who I am now married to). I often wonder if positive and negative vibes just branch out to other areas of your life.

Watched the Moscow final in a bar in Aukland, actually had to fast track my travels as was the only place showing he final. Was gutted and walking back to the hostel in a sea of red. 

Just watched the Munich final at home. It had been probably the worst 6 months in my life to that point so was a great way to turn the year around a bit