Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

On 20/05/2017 at 22:10, coco said:

Cech never got the credit for that save, all the commentators said he missed it, but Cech got fingers to it....and he guessed the right direction for every dive 6/6 saved 3/6

Don't think cech guessed right way for all six, he studied every penalty taker prior to game, so I would say he read their run ups and technique and knew which way they were going, but who cares he saved them, like many of that team big players who always turned up in big games.

A lot of cricitical moments, but the biggest was by far Cole's penalty. The whole world knows what direction he kicks, the stance of the body, the speed, everything. And of course, Neuer "guessed" it. But it was just so damn accurate, that it affected Schweini, i'm 100% on it. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

2 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

A lot of cricitical moments, but the biggest was by far Cole's penalty. The whole world knows what direction he kicks, the stance of the body, the speed, everything. And of course, Neuer "guessed" it. But it was just so damn accurate, that it affected Schweini, i'm 100% on it. 

what about Luiz penalty we were behind in the shootout, and he decides to take this almighty run up, in that split second I thought we were destined never to win the champions league, then bang in the back of the net it went!!! 

26 minutes ago, chi blue said:

what about Luiz penalty we were behind in the shootout, and he decides to take this almighty run up, in that split second I thought we were destined never to win the champions league, then bang in the back of the net it went!!! 

Starting his run from practically midcircle gave me a heart attack. Still does now :biggrin:

Just thinking back to the buzz I got when Drogba scored the pen. I prayed to god to not let him miss.

Its funny cause I watched it on ITv that night as I was trying not to repeat anything I’d done from the 2008 final, so didn’t watch Sky. But now all I remember is the Sky commentary. “HE’S DONE IT”. God I would love to relive that night. After we won everyone was calling me and texting me.

41 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Just thinking back to the buzz I got when Drogba scored the pen. I prayed to god to not let him miss.

Its funny cause I watched it on ITv that night as I was trying not to repeat anything I’d done from the 2008 final, so didn’t watch Sky. But now all I remember is the Sky commentary. “HE’S DONE IT”. God I would love to relive that night. After we won everyone was calling me and texting me.

me and my younger son watched it the kitchen, while our gutted older son had to work, my wife and daughters tucked themselves in living room watching casualty, me and my son stood all game in kitchen, when Mueller scored I went to the bog saying we're destined never to win it, then drogs equalised, as the tv panned across to the stunned bayern fans, my son watched as his old man gave many a hand gesture to the tv screen, basically saying up yours you tossers!! When drogs scored that penalty me and my son jumped hugging and literally nearly knocked the fridge freezer over!! my Mrs banged on wall and shouted to keep the noise down as she couldn't hear what Charlie Fairhead was saying on Casualty!! My older son rolled in about 1am  pissed as he'd gone to pub after work. We all sat down and watched a re run of game eating curry at 3am in morning, then it was up early to catch the train to see the parade. "we're the only London team to win the european cup"

48 minutes ago, chi blue said:

When drogs scored that penalty me and my son jumped hugging and literally nearly knocked the fridge freezer over!! my Mrs banged on wall and shouted to keep the noise down as she couldn't hear what Charlie Fairhead was saying on Casualty!! 

I slid to the floor and my dad ran outside into the garden :laugh2:

Edited by Zeta

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

me and my younger son watched it the kitchen, while our gutted older son had to work, my wife and daughters tucked themselves in living room watching casualty, me and my son stood all game in kitchen, when Mueller scored I went to the bog saying we're destined never to win it, then drogs equalised, as the tv panned across to the stunned bayern fans, my son watched as his old man gave many a hand gesture to the tv screen, basically saying up yours you tossers!! When drogs scored that penalty me and my son jumped hugging and literally nearly knocked the fridge freezer over!! my Mrs banged on wall and shouted to keep the noise down as she couldn't hear what Charlie Fairhead was saying on Casualty!! My older son rolled in about 1am  pissed as he'd gone to pub after work. We all sat down and watched a re run of game eating curry at 3am in morning, then it was up early to catch the train to see the parade. "we're the only London team to win the european cup"

:laugh2: that’s brilliant.

I just remember my brother called me first and he said “you’ve done it” and I just started crying haha

On 30/05/2018 at 13:15, chi blue said:

I was in an Irish bar in Chicago, having landed an hour before from UK, dropped bag at hotel and straight into bar next door. Full of yanks except for me sitting at the bar and another random English chap / Chels fan (also born in Fulham) sat next to me. 

The two is us stood there watching the shoot out and at the end went mental. The whole pub joined in and shots and beers started arriving in front of us, loads were sending drinks over, and for next hour were coming up to both of us saying they’d had a great time watching us during the game. Apparently we were up and down all the time, slapping each other, hugging, swearing, using weird language, etc. 

Had a US work colleague join me at half time and he couldn’t believe the emotions. 

Left the bar late that night, totally pi55ed (on a business trip and had stuck company Amex behind the bar on arrival, bill was massive but it went through on exes as client entertaining) and knackered having been up at 6am to fly from UK. Can’t even remember the other guys name, just a fellow Chelsea lad who like me did a lot of games in the early 80s.

Good on ya fella!

Edited by Shug

Went in to work on Tuesday (had Monday off work as was recovering from the journey to and from Munich and all the beer) and met a Spurs fan. Asked him if he had had a good weekend. Two word answer from him which was f**k off. Charming.

One of the guys I go to the games with watched the game at his house along with his two sons. He couldn't watch the penalty shoot-out so went outside and sat in his car. After the shoot-out one of his sons came out, tapped on the window and said that the Germans had lost on penalties. Cue crazy celebrations.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2012 at 22:51, Lofty. said:

Commentator: 'German teams just don't lose on penalties'

Ashley Cole: 'They do now!'

Just been having a look back at some random pages in this thread.

Great reply by Ashley Cole:biggrin: