Jump to content


Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

i watched it at home on my own, did not even celebrate as i was in a state of emotionally drained shock, it just seemed unreal, so wished i could of been with some fellow supporters at home or in a pub, sure i would of gone crazy then !! that's the trouble with living in a foreign country in the middle of no where 

I was at home too, surreal, not too noisy for the final though think the neighbours got a shock when Torres scored at Barca.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/03/2019 at 04:05, sonic90 said:

I really wonder at what point will this night seem like ancient history to me.

Never!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:35, sonic90 said:

Almost 7 years ago since we won. Year on year it just doesn't feel like it was that long ago. I really wonder at what point will this night seem like ancient history to me.

Well, 1983/84 (that season) certainly doesn't seem that long ago to those of us of 'a certain vintage' mate:biggrin:

So May 2012 is positively recent.:tHumBsBeeR:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea vs Bayern Munich climax of penalty shootout

Last two penalties of 2012 Champions League final between Chelsea and Bayern Munich. Schweinsteiger and Drogba need to convert to win.

Go on Drogba...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much going on on the pitch after Drogba's penalty, I keep watching them focusing on different areas every time :biggrin:

BTW how do people manage to record so much? When I'm in the stands celebrating I never have my phone in my hand for fear it ends up on the roof. Plus I want to watch it actually happen, not through a phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, chi blue said:

Now that cheers us all up on a Sunday morning

20th May 2012 was probably 'Hangover Sunday !' for a great many Chelsea supporters...:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, erskblue said:

20th May 2012 was probably 'Hangover Sunday !' for a great many Chelsea supporters...:biggrin:

Hangover didn't really kick in, I think adrenaline kept me going, we were up really early to catch train up to the parade, seeing the trophy with the big ears on the front  of the open top bus was something of dreams, as a youngster this only happened to Liverpool or Forest.

Edited by chi blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Valerie said:

So much going on on the pitch after Drogba's penalty, I keep watching them focusing on different areas every time :biggrin:

BTW how do people manage to record so much? When I'm in the stands celebrating I never have my phone in my hand for fear it ends up on the roof. Plus I want to watch it actually happen, not through a phone.

Yeah I think I have memorised it all now lol

Mata collapses flat on his face in tears as Drogba slots the pen home, a couple of the other players break off towards the goal where the pen was scored, and others break off towards the other end where our fans were. Ashley Cole doing the longest knee slide ever! Luiz dropping to his knees and crossing himself! I think Frank got accidentally clobbered in the mouth by a fan on the pitch as he had a bloody lip during the celebrations. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, chi blue said:

Hangover didn't really kick in, I think adrenaline kept me going, we were up really early to catch train up to the parade, seeing the trophy with the big ears on the front  of the open top bus was something of dreams, as a youngster this only happened to Liverpool or Forest.

Fair points and good shout.

I too had a great adrenaline kick for the vast majority of the next week, just thinking about us winning it.

Edited by erskblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Fair points and good shout.

I too had a great adrenaline kick for the vast majority of the next week, just thinking about us winning it.

I remember being nagged at the coffee machine for the entire week about "Chelsea not playing proper football", and enjoying retorting every time "Who's won the cup?" 😆

"Yeah, but...."  "Who's won the cup?"

"You'll have to agree that..."  "Who's won the cup?"

"It's anti-foo..."  "Who's won the cup?"

Still grinning at the memory :happy001:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Yeah I think I have memorised it all now lol

Mata collapses flat on his face in tears as Drogba slots the pen home, a couple of the other players break off towards the goal where the pen was scored, and others break off towards the other end where our fans were. Ashley Cole doing the longest knee slide ever! Luiz dropping to his knees and crossing himself! I think Frank got accidentally clobbered in the mouth by a fan on the pitch as he had a bloody lip during the celebrations. 😂

Lamps still bears the scar from that bump on his top lip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valerie said:

I remember being nagged at the coffee machine for the entire week about "Chelsea not playing proper football", and enjoying retorting every time "Who's won the cup?" 😆

"Yeah, but...."  "Who's won the cup?"

"You'll have to agree that..."  "Who's won the cup?"

"It's anti-foo..."  "Who's won the cup?"

Still grinning at the memory :happy001:

 

Went in to work on the Tuesday after the game and met a Spurs season ticket holder and asked him if he had had a good weekend. His response was f**k off. Charming!

Was a great time in Munich. Loads of beer and a great result. Didn't have much sleep on the way to and from Munich. Took Monday off work to recover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...