Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

You lot will be fine. I think you will be defensive, and why not? Its worked so far, you limited Barcelona severely with all the players they have. Di Matteo knows your players, he knows how to create a team ethic, and he knows how to get results. The team he put up against us (Liverpool) shows that he is putting all his eggs in this basket. And he wouldn't do that if he didn't have confidence in what he was working with.

The problem wont be the players you have on display, the problem will be, can Bayern break you down? Di Matteo has done his homework no doubt, and I have no doubt you will be more of threat to Bayern than they will be to you.

As I witnessed in 2005, anything is possible.

Anything is, but Barca compaired to Bayern is like Oil and Water. Where Barca will keep the ball for fun and try and carefully play their way through Bayern have the options of chucking the ball at Gomez (not unlike what we can do with Drogba). They also do not need anywhere enar as much of the ball to be more deadly than Barca.

I wish I had confidence for this game, but I do not. Either way though it is only our second ECL final in our history and I would like to try and enjoy it, whatever the outcome.

Anything is, but Barca compaired to Bayern is like Oil and Water. Where Barca will keep the ball for fun and try and carefully play their way through Bayern have the options of chucking the ball at Gomez (not unlike what we can do with Drogba). They also do not need anywhere enar as much of the ball to be more deadly than Barca.

I wish I had confidence for this game, but I do not. Either way though it is only our second ECL final in our history and I would like to try and enjoy it, whatever the outcome.

Just try to keep faith, man. I'm just as nervous as you. We need to hope our players put in the performance of their lives. By the way, who's gonna be captain now? I presume Lampard.

Edited by Teritus

Let's face it, predicting a final anybody has a 50/50 chance of being correct !

In that case...

My detailed prediction for the game?

We'll start the game with fire in the belly and a crunching tackle from Lampard to get everyone in the mood and set the tone until Bayern start to get control of the ball and keep us defending. Cahill to go off injured (again) and Bayern to score before we have a chance to sub him off. Causing a massive stir within the squad and adding a bit of spice to the occasion (as if the CL final needs it). Bosingwa to move to centre back and have the game of his life making no mistakes and reinventing himself as a player, learning how to defend on the (second) biggest stage of them all. The team is defending for their lives for the rest of the first half as Bayern look to put the game beyond reach. The ball is then cleared to drogba as a mildly confused Tymoschuck tries to tackle him and bounces off repeatedly. Drogba plays a pass through to the now world class Salomon Kalou who falls over as he is one on one but still sets up Mata for a well taken finish. We somehow take the game 1-1 into the second half but as the half draws to a close Mikel forgets that he's playing in a football match and cures cancer, but falls over the test tube rack he concocted the cure in and lets Kroos in for a chance. Several new members sign up to call him a c**t and say they hope he dies.

The second half begins. RDM gives a half time team talk worthy of the hollywood film version of the game where for some reason he is played by Jet Li. The players make their way on to the pitch and Drogba (played by Forest Whitaker) tells the rest of the team of how it's 'a f**king disgrace' that he isn't being played by Idris Elba, a UEFA inquiry will later find him guilty of playing in blue. The second half begins with Bayern Munich putting us under yet more pressure and for 20 minutes we are battling for our lives with Bosingwa (played by Bert of Bert and Ernie) clearing off the line twice and kicking himself in the forehead by accident once. At the peak of this pressure we have all our players within the six yard box and Luiz (played by sideshow Bob) has to create a 12th player out of his hair to help us defend. Lampard (played by Branislav Ivanovic, CGI is used to remodel his ample buttocks) then breathes a little strongly near Arjen Robben (played by Lance Armstrong) who goes down faster than... you can insert your own joke for that... A penalty is given and instead of them taking it, it is just accepted as a goal because a German was about to take it. The ball goes into the Bayern half for the second time in the game and Forest Witaker takes inspiration from his academy award winning performance as Idi Amin to scare the defence into giving him just enough space to squeeze an agonizingly slow shot into the bottom corner. Bayern again come out and we revert to our customary 8-1-1 formation. With 10 minutes to go, Bosingwa (Bert) is sent off for singing the theme tune to Bananas in Pyjamas when he couldn't remember his own theme tune. A reshuffle is made in defence and Fernando Torres (played by Ellen Degeneres) is brought on to confuse the opposition with androgeny. This astonishingly works as he/she scores 9 minutes into the 2 added minutes of injury time to put Chelsea 3-2 ahead, with Bayern now needing two goals to go through thanks to the away goals rule (I know), Chelsea's name is written on the cup. Unfortunately UEFA make a spelling mistake when sending it to the engravers and Barcelona gets written on there, Messi (played by Mini Loz Wood) then lifts the cup.

Incidentally in the Hollywood movie version, the game goes to extra time and penalties to add an extra level of suspense.

I should probably prepare for that exam I have in an hour.

Edited by Eggy McMuffin

Using that tactics against Barca is much easier than use it against very talented attacking teams like Bayern or Real. Unless Barca get a target man , Chelsea can feel safe playing this way against them , but we do need a Drogba , don't we ?

Coming to Bayern , they are a complete attacking threat and the variety of options is simply breathtaking. But From what I in their match against Real , then tend to leave so much space in the center when they attack and this is very crucial for us to start the counter with Mata in the middle.

They don't have a strong defence and the last striker any defence would want to face is Didier , the beast ! If Gomez is powerful , then the Drog is twice as powerful. We may have to play Torres on the right to keep lahm busy on their left side. Ribery never tracks back and Torres will be a threat.

In that case...

My detailed prediction for the game?

We'll start the game with fire in the belly and a crunching tackle from Lampard to get everyone in the mood and set the tone until Bayern start to get control of the ball and keep us defending. Cahill to go off injured (again) and Bayern to score before we have a chance to sub him off. Causing a massive stir within the squad and adding a bit of spice to the occasion (as if the CL final needs it). Bosingwa to move to centre back and have the game of his life making no mistakes and reinventing himself as a player, learning how to defend on the (second) biggest stage of them all. The team is defending for their lives for the rest of the first half as Bayern look to put the game beyond reach. The ball is then cleared to drogba as a mildly confused Tymoschuck tries to tackle him and bounces off repeatedly. Drogba plays a pass through to the now world class Salomon Kalou who falls over as he is one on one but still sets up Mata for a well taken finish. We somehow take the game 1-1 into the second half but as the half draws to a close Mikel forgets that he's playing in a football match and cures cancer, but falls over the test tube rack he concocted the cure in and lets Kroos in for a chance. Several new members sign up to call him a c**t and say they hope he dies.

The second half begins. RDM gives a half time team talk worthy of the hollywood film version of the game where for some reason he is played by Jet Li. The players make their way on to the pitch and Drogba (played by Forest Whitaker) tells the rest of the team of how it's 'a f**king disgrace' that he isn't being played by Idris Elba, a UEFA inquiry will later find him guilty of playing in blue. The second half begins with Bayern Munich putting us under yet more pressure and for 20 minutes we are battling for our lives with Bosingwa (played by Bert of Bert and Ernie) clearing off the line twice and kicking himself in the forehead by accident once. At the peak of this pressure we have all our players within the six yard box and Luiz (played by sideshow Bob) has to create a 12th player out of his hair to help us defend. Lampard (played by Branislav Ivanovic, CGI is used to remodel his ample buttocks) then breathes a little strongly near Arjen Robben (played by Lance Armstrong) who goes down faster than... you can insert your own joke for that... A penalty is given and instead of them taking it, it is just accepted as a goal because a German was about to take it. The ball goes into the Bayern half for the second time in the game and Forest Witaker takes inspiration from his academy award winning performance as Idi Amin to scare the defence into giving him just enough space to squeeze an agonizingly slow shot into the bottom corner. Bayern again come out and we revert to our customary 8-1-1 formation. With 10 minutes to go, Bosingwa (Bert) is sent off for singing the theme tune to Bananas in Pyjamas when he couldn't remember his own theme tune. A reshuffle is made in defence and Fernando Torres (played by Ellen Degeneres) is brought on to confuse the opposition with androgeny. This astonishingly works as he/she scores 9 minutes into the 2 added minutes of injury time to put Chelsea 3-2 ahead, with Bayern now needing two goals to go through thanks to the away goals rule (I know), Chelsea's name is written on the cup. Unfortunately UEFA make a spelling mistake when sending it to the engravers and Barcelona gets written on there, Messi (played by Mini Loz Wood) then lifts the cup.

Incidentally in the Hollywood movie version, the game goes to extra time and penalties to add an extra level of suspense.

I should probably prepare for that exam I have in an hour.

Don't bother taking the exam you have been given an A+ / Distinction

Edited by Blue Kangeroo

Just try to keep faith, man. I'm just as nervous as you. We need to hope our players put in the performance of their lives. By the way, who's gonna be captain now? I presume Lampard.

Can go either way, both sides have lots of quality so is about who produces it on the day, and/or who gets lucky.

Got to be Lamps btw, he deserves it.

Using that tactics against Barca is much easier than use it against very talented attacking teams like Bayern or Real. Unless Barca get a target man , Chelsea can feel safe playing this way against them , but we do need a Drogba , don't we ?

Coming to Bayern , they are a complete attacking threat and the variety of options is simply breathtaking. But From what I in their match against Real , then tend to leave so much space in the center when they attack and this is very crucial for us to start the counter with Mata in the middle.

They don't have a strong defence and the last striker any defence would want to face is Didier , the beast ! If Gomez is powerful , then the Drog is twice as powerful. We may have to play Torres on the right to keep lahm busy on their left side. Ribery never tracks back and Torres will be a threat.

Tbf with your suspensions plus non-match fit players coming in I don't think either of us can place too much confidence in the defences.

He does though when he needs to, and in the Chelsea game with Kroos in the Nr 6 role next to Basti and Müller in front of them Bayern will be playing a pretty offensive formation.

Heynckes says in yesterday's "Kicker" that therefore "Both wingers (Robben and Ribery) will have their share of work to do tracking back as well as their offensive duties".

Edited by zippy

LOL that is just the nuts !!! Love it works for me !!!

Whats this bollocks "Chelsea’s run to the Champions league final has been a miracle, particularly in the semi finals against Barcelona, where the Catalans hit the post 6 times."

Edited by coco

Whats this bollocks "Chelsea’s run to the Champions league final has been a miracle, particularly in the semi finals against Barcelona, where the Catalans hit the post 6 times."

don't knock the Prohpet man .........bad karma !!!!

Now run around the garden naked beating yourself with a branch to remove the bad vibes ............please don't post any picture's though..........

I can think of 3 times they did for sure over the 2 legs might be right just checked and your right they only hit the woodwork 5 times over 2 legs .........bad prophet !!

Edited by Tea Bar Boy

To those hoping for assistance from the various parts of the heavens. Renowned prophet T. B. Joshua who has made many predictions in football that have come true is predicting us to win. Well f**k why not, I'll take his endorsement.

http://tumfweko.com/...ampions-league/

Lol. Watch a zillion Chelsea fans become converts if he's right. That's one way to grow your church.

Sadly he passed away a few months after the World Cup.

Though apparently he did predict a Bayern victory in this years CL before he went and was murdered by angry 1860 fans as a result.

For anyone interested, Bayern line up tomorrow v BVB - probable :

Neuer

Lahm

Boateng

Badstuber

Alaba

Kroos

Schweinsteiger

Robben

Müller

Ribery

Gomez.

Edited by zippy

Watching videos of that game at the Nou Camp. For the umpteenth time, whether it's highlights, Gary Neville losing it, or footage of a pub on Fulham Broadway going absolutely mental when Torres scores, I'm getting goosebumps. A week tomorrow lads.

They also do not need anywhere enar as much of the ball to be more deadly than Barca.

I dunno I'd imagine that if Barca were ever in a position where they weren't dominating possession they'd be pretty deadly on the break - more space for Messi to exploit and they have pace in messi, alexis and alves. Moot point though

I think people should remember that we knocked out the team that has beaten Barcelona to the title in fairness.

You didnt actually beat them though, but we did. :7052005214646:

Edited by coco

I think people should remember that we knocked out the team that has beaten Barcelona to the title in fairness.

Sorry I wasn't trying to slate Bayern, I think you guys have pretty great firepower and have more capable goalscorers than Barca, I just remember thinking at some point that Barca would be pretty decent on the counter (particularly when they had Eto'o and Henry)

Out of interest, what is the general message coming from most Bayern fans on your forums? I presume overall it's more positive than here? ie. you have more people coming out and saying you'll definitely win than we do etc.?

For anyone interested, Bayern line up tomorrow v BVB - probable :

Neuer

Lahm

Boateng

Badstuber

Alaba

Kroos

Schweinsteiger

Robben

Müller

Ribery

Gomez.

That's definitely the midfield, wingers, and striker we're going to see. I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

I'm seeing word that Lahm is going to possibly stay on the right with Contento on the left (Tymo and Boateng as your CBs). Thoughts on that?

I think it was a similar lineup last time they played except with Gustavo playing instead of Schweinsteiger? Will be interesting to see how the midfield works and how Muller plays tomorrow as he was quite poor in that game