Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

In some ways, if Chelsea loses, I would rather we get our butts kicked, since I hate to lose those close ones. It is painful to lose when it is so close, as at the Luznicki stadium and JT's slip in the PKs.

I agree 100% Phillip. PK's are so cruel especially to Chelsea.

If life was fair we would have won in 1999. What the hell have you been through that we haven't ? Don't make me laugh. This is our year, we've suffered more than enough.

To be fair I meant it as in this season, I mean how we were teetering on the edges of getting knocked out in the group stages, losing 3-1 to Napoli only to beat them 4-1 at the Bridge , then to best one of the greatest teams in football history with 10 men in their own backyard with Bosingwa at centre back when nobody gave us a chance.

You can't help but think it's just... Meant to be for us this year.

Think both ourselves and Bayern have had cruel hands given to us in the CL.

For one of us that will end on Saturday night, which one? Well most on this site think it will be us, but I wonder if we will be a bit rusty with the lads Robbie has rested for the last 2 games.

Although I'll add I do not believe the heartbreak Zippy would have felt in 1999 to be any more than what we felt in Moscow.

I watched the final in the Camp Nou, routing Bayern on. They were the better side, hit the woodwork, wasted other chances to kill the game, got sucker punched at the end and did not recover in time to stop the comeback.

Compare it to what we went through, outplayed for 35 mins, 1 down, get an undeserved leveller but then go on to dominate the game, waste chances, hit the bar, have our main striker get himself sent off stupidly. Have everything in hand in the shootout, Ronaldo goofs another pen, all lined up for JT to slid it in and win it, only he slides over instead, not concentrating on his footing and we go from 1 kick away from being European champions to losing to a national rival.

Both sides suffered major heartbreak imo. Neither is entitled to the trophy. Is up to ourselves (hopefully) or Bayern to go out and earn it, neither of our sides are owed anything imo.

How poetic would it be for Chelsea to go and win the UCL? Just think about it. The team that was written off as early as the group stages, the team that has had the most shocking season for over 10 years. It would be truly something.

I rarely have football dreams but last night I did like a big kid.

It was 3-3 and we won on penalties.

:O

Mate, if it goes to penalties, I'm going to go and take the dog for a walk I think :laugh2:

Sad thing is, I won't be able to enjoy this match, big games like this I am a bag of nerves, I'll make several toilet trips

prior to the game.....

It's like the double season, the morning before me and my mates left for the final against Pompey, I was sick in my sink, I'm absolutely terrible at

coping with these sort of games, sounds stupid I know, and I probably need to sit down and have a word with myself.

Since we've gotten to this final, it's pretty much all I have thought about every day, especially at work.

Sometimes it's a bonus for me if we don't make any final, I'll think to myself "Well, at least I won't have to spend the next

week weeks feeling nervy and sick" :blush2:

The Ballad of Zippy and Chippy

Zippy and Chippy were both footy fans

whos teams meet in Munich with glory in their plans

zippy was Bayern and chippy was chels

they went on the shed end (is their anywhere else)

Both had good reasons their teams should be crowned

bad luck in the past and the reasons were sound

Both teams had suffered and beaten the odds

but Chelsea done Barca with help from the Gods

so hopefully this time its glory for Chip

and no offence Zippy but for you (ef all) Zip. :wink:

CHELSEA DEFENSIVE CRISES

With John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic suspended for Saturdays Champions League Final and Gary Cahill and David Luiz both potentially sidelined what options do Chelsea have for centre halve:

1. Michael Essien: Played there before but with Ferreira against Liverpool was found wanting. Rating 5/10
  2. Paulo Ferreira: Always steady but the physical presence of Gomez cause a lot of problems. Rating 4/10
  3. Jose Boswinga: Played excellently againt Bacralona at Centre half but would need to be paired with a physical partner and be used as a sweeper. Rating 6/10
  4. read more at sshoosh chelsea!

best of luck blues... 2 - 1 winners :)

Oh, bugger. Zippy, wake up!

Sorry been busy ! Difficult to say really, he'd been out injured for a while but we need him to get near top form on Saturday. Even if he was on 80% his influence is important, just having him there. Like Lampard or Terry for you.

Although I'll add I do not believe the heartbreak Zippy would have felt in 1999 to be any more than what we felt in Moscow.

I watched the final in the Camp Nou, routing Bayern on. They were the better side, hit the woodwork, wasted other chances to kill the game, got sucker punched at the end and did not recover in time to stop the comeback.

Compare it to what we went through, outplayed for 35 mins, 1 down, get an undeserved leveller but then go on to dominate the game, waste chances, hit the bar, have our main striker get himself sent off stupidly. Have everything in hand in the shootout, Ronaldo goofs another pen, all lined up for JT to slid it in and win it, only he slides over instead, not concentrating on his footing and we go from 1 kick away from being European champions to losing to a national rival.

Both sides suffered major heartbreak imo. Neither is entitled to the trophy. Is up to ourselves (hopefully) or Bayern to go out and earn it, neither of our sides are owed anything imo.

Apart from your "hopefully" I agree totally with your last sentence. Neither of us deserves it without working for it.

Mate, if it goes to penalties, I'm going to go and take the dog for a walk I think :laugh2:

Sad thing is, I won't be able to enjoy this match, big games like this I am a bag of nerves, I'll make several toilet trips

prior to the game.....

It's like the double season, the morning before me and my mates left for the final against Pompey, I was sick in my sink, I'm absolutely terrible at

coping with these sort of games, sounds stupid I know, and I probably need to sit down and have a word with myself.

Since we've gotten to this final, it's pretty much all I have thought about every day, especially at work.

Sometimes it's a bonus for me if we don't make any final, I'll think to myself "Well, at least I won't have to spend the next

Don't worry mate many of us feel the same. There is so much for both sides on this game that it is 90 minutes of nerves and stress for most of the fans. Like the Real Madrid game I'll need to be on the pop 2 or 3 hours before it to even watch.

The Ballad of Zippy and Chippy

Zippy and Chippy were both footy fans

whos teams meet in Munich with glory in their plans

zippy was Bayern and chippy was chels

they went on the shed end (is their anywhere else)

Both had good reasons their teams should be crowned

bad luck in the past and the reasons were sound

Both teams had suffered and beaten the odds

but Chelsea done Barca with help from the Gods

so hopefully this time its glory for Chip

and no offence Zippy but for you (ef all) Zip. :wink:

:smile: Well I can't agree with all the sentiments but well done ! There is an American racehorse called Zippy Chippy btw, never won a bloody race as far as I know !

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Zippy_Chippy

Edited by zippy

Oh where did you get this ? Everyone here is jumping with joy that both Luiz and Cahill are fit to start :)

If they don't play who would you want on the pitch?

Quite literally our most important game ever. 3 days to go and I'm already nervous as hell.

Me too. I'll be a gibbering wreck come kick off.

My mate Dave gets so nervous at times like this he'll probably watch it in a darkened room on his own!

Put a couple quid on drogba to get 2 or more in 90 mins. Honestly think he might do that. Or is it my heart convincing me that. 20/1 as well.

prior to the game.....

A beer might help! I will have a few down the hatch before hand.

My mate turns 30 this week and its a booze up on saturday night so win or lose I will have a load of beer in me to calm the nerves, I hope!