Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

An open letter in tomorrow's media from the Bayern team to the fans. Translation : Dear Bayern fans and football fans throughout Germany. Here we are, we have reached our unbelievable "Final at home". The entire world is watching Munich, the Allianz Arena, and we are there. We give our word that we will do everything to make your, and our dream come true.

We will give everything we have, just as you in the arena, at public viewing or at home will do. We all have a dream, let's make it reality !

The team and trainer, your Bayern München.

post-8496-0-07104000-1337373393.jpg

This final feels more epic than 2008. A European final shouldn't involve 2 clubs from the same country (for no legitimate reason other than I think it looks silly). Also, its hard to get get excited about playing Man United for the umpteenth time. Though if we had won it I might think differently....

Agreed, and if we could somehow do it tomorrow I think it'd be more special than if we'd won in 08. After all the troubles this season, knocking out arguably the best team in Europe against all odds, and then to beat another great European club on their own ground, amazing.

Out of curiosity Zippy, I expect a lot of non-Chelsea fans in the UK will be rooting for Bayern tomorrow. I wonder, do you think most fans of Schalke, Dortmund, 1860 etc will be supporting Bayern or Chelsea?

Agreed, and if we could somehow do it tomorrow I think it'd be more special than if we'd won in 08. After all the troubles this season, knocking out arguably the best team in Europe against all odds, and then to beat another great European club on their own ground, amazing.

Out of curiosity Zippy, I expect a lot of non-Chelsea fans in the UK will be rooting for Bayern tomorrow. I wonder, do you think most fans of Schalke, Dortmund, 1860 etc will be supporting Bayern or Chelsea?

I've been asked this before and was thinking about it in my local after work this evening. There will certainly be German fans wanting you to win and your fans in Munich will doubtless have a few sad 1860 hangers on tomorrow but in general German fans want Bayern to win, club loyalties are cast aside.

Living up north my local is full of HSV, Bremen and Hannover fans, Bayern haters to a man. But these same fans who took the greatest pleasure in us losing last week to Dortmund were all telling me over a few beers tonight that they will be rooting for us tomorrow, "Morgen sind wir alle Bayern" (tomorrow we are all Bayern), said one.

Even my old enemy Karl, a rabid Bayern hating Hannover 96 fan, wants us to win tomorrow.

Edited by zippy

Team that we expect to see from Bayern Zippy.

Cool letter as well, and why the odds are so far in Bayerns favour. Not sure the last time one side has had the odds so far in their favour in a CL final.

tbh since seeing that comment from a "Chelsea fan" when he called Lamps "Fat Frank" I have become convinced Bayern will win and that Barca was our big moment to shine, a performance that would be near impossible to repeat or top.

Keep your eyes on the touchline guys if Bayern are winning and the final seconds tick down, as Mr. Shreaves will be ready to race on and interview whoever he can and ask them "How does it feel to know you will not be in the CL next season" lol...

Team that we expect to see from Bayern Zippy.

Cool letter as well, and why the odds are so far in Bayerns favour. Not sure the last time one side has had the odds so far in their favour in a CL final.

tbh since seeing that comment from a "Chelsea fan" when he called Lamps "Fat Frank" I have become convinced Bayern will win and that Barca was our big moment to shine, a performance that would be near impossible to repeat or top.

Keep your eyes on the touchline guys if Bayern are winning and the final seconds tick down, as Mr. Shreaves will be ready to race on and interview whoever he can and ask them "How does it feel to know you will not be in the CL next season" lol...

I don't think either of us are big favourites tbh, we certainly won't be underestimating a side that knocked out Barcelona.

Yea I saw that earlier as well

They're saying it'd be Ryan on the left of midfield though, which is an interesting setup. Would offer alot of protection down that left flank (which is more robben's I think, even though they will switch)

Either way it's 7:30am here and kickoff is in just over 21 hours... It's gonna be a loonggggg day

Latest odds:

Very big odds there for a final imo, we are not even as good as 3 to 1.

Also heard RDM tried Bertrand out on the left of the 3 in training today, maybe he is going to get the final spot nod?

We'll be taking no notice of the odds. We know we will need to play well to win and the players know that too. We will be up for it that's for sure.

I can't think about anything else besides this game to be honest. Very nervous indeed.

I feel exactly the same ... I've been trying to distract myself from it but it just keeps coming back .. I just wanna fast forward to kick-off !!!

Latest odds:

Very big odds there for a final imo, we are not even as good as 3 to 1.

Also heard RDM tried Bertrand out on the left of the 3 in training today, maybe he is going to get the final spot nod?

really? out of 21 matches they think chelsea can only win 5 times?

as I said before, because the final is in munich, a tonne of money is being put on bayern. the only way the bookies can get money on chelsea is by giving people better value than what's realistic. I said it before and I'll say it again, they're not that big of underdogs.

Listening to Radio 1 today they did a bit on the game in munich.

They spoke to a Chelsea fan who had a ticket to the match and his words were

"this is the biggest day of my life. I've waited for this for years and but I can just see FAT FRANK lifting the trophy"

WTF, I honestly thought none of our fans would label him FAT FRANK. What a Knob head

What a git. Why didn't he just add "I just love how my Chelski have managed to buy their way to the top. Don't care about old guys like Wize, Usgood, Benneti, Cake and Soula. They didn't win s*it. All that matters is the team we have now. Fat Frank, Cashley and......whatshisname.....Doggy or something. I know Terry can't play, which might be bad. He probably got himself sent off so that he can spend the final shagging his teammates wifes and shout racist stuff from the bedroom window."

Lovely fans we have.

----------------------Cech

Bossy--------Luiz---------Cahill--------Cole

-----------------------Mikel

------Essien------Lampard-----Bertrand

--------------------Mata

-----------------------Drogba

Essien to mark Ribery and assist Bossy.

Cole can handle Robben.

Mata to exploit space behind Ribery.

Bertrand to exploit space behind Robben.

Drogba to batter the fcuk out of them.

Sussed !!

Zippy what beer do you suggest to try sorry if you have stated this already.

In Munich ? Well you are surrounded by great beer but the current best brews are Augustiner Hell, Augustiner Edelstoff (try it it's brilliant) and Paulaner Hell (hell means light as in light colour, the strength is stronger than UK beer), Hacker-Pschorr is also worth trying.

Augustiner is the current best beer in Munich, no doubt about it.

Avoid dark beer (dunkles) or strong beer (bock) as they will really blow your head off, and don't even think about drinking any beer with a name ending in "ator" (salvator etc).

You could also try Weißbier which all the major breweries in Munich make, Franziskaner and Paulaner are the best. If you do want to try a dark beer try König Ludwig dunkel, a great beer.

Edited by zippy

A bit risky letting someone as unexperienced as Bertrand play in a huge game like this. He could prove to be cool under pressure and do well, or else feel the nerves and fail completely.

But I can see why we would use him at midfield. He's got speed and can cross the ball fairly well. Besides, with our fullbacks facing the likes of Robben and Ribery I think we can do well with him helping out in defence.

I still think weve been very unlucky with our CL final venues, the fact we had to travel half way around the world for our first CL final, then the 2nd CL final comes along, and were playing an away game in our opponents stadium/city, instead of a conventional neutral final. Next year we may not be in the tournament, and guess what, the finals at Wembley, bleeding typical !

Edited by coco
  • loz pinned this topic
  • loz unpinned this topic