Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

Another fantastic Gary Neville Goal celebration after Drogba scored (the header). Really like Neville's commentary. Used to hate the guy with a passion, but i must say he is the best commentator around.

highlights:

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/05/19/bayern-munich-vs-chelsea-2012-champions-league-highlights-final-1-1-thomas-muller-drogba-goals-3-4-penalty-shootout-video/

Anyone else think that Robben was a coward tonight?

I am truly glad he left us. He is spineless, no wonder his nickname in Germany is "Glass Balls", Jose was right to get rid.

Comes with those sort of players I think. Very rarely do you find a player with great feet and great mentality. In the main, he is also right in what he says in that article.

He did some pretty amazing things with us for which I am thankful. But we got could money for him and if we had have spent better we wouldn't have missed him anywhere near as much as we have.

This afternoon it occured to me that Robben, in the last three years, has been a crucial part of teams involved TWO Champions' League finals and a World Cup final. He's also been a huge threat, but missed the best chance of the game in each. Obviously he is not in the same class as say Messi or Ronaldo, but compare him to say, Andres Iniesta and it's a bizarre statistic that suggests he is both a big-game player and a big-game choker.

I don't agree that's it's very rare to find a technical player with a great mentality. The reason why attackers are so feted in football is because they tend to come up trumps in big games. In recent history alone, you can look at examples such as Zidane, Nedved, Henry, Ronaldinho, Iniesta and Messi. Among Chelsea players, Joe Cole and Damien Duff had it in spades. It's just that defenders and goalkeepers, by the physical nature of their duties, make bravery and character much more salient. It's hard to argue that it takes less bravery to actually try and dribble your opponent in a Champions' League final, attempt an audacious volley, or persevere and persevere until you finally make the pass to unlock a sturdy defense.

I think there will be ' a few quid' spent on buying the papers for the reports us being European Champions .

Oh and also 'a few quid' spent on alcohol to have 'a wee drink' with to celebrate when reading these reports.

Computer playing up so if I drop off the radar before tea time you know why !

Zippy: Its been great having you on here mate. Anything like' bad luck' sounds like me being patronising.

Hope you continue to post on this site anyway.

Edited by erskblue

Zippy: Its been great having you on here mate. Anything like' bad luck' sounds like me being patronising.

Hope you continue to post on this site anyway.

Cheers mate. Absolutely devastated, to play like we did and then lose. Proud of the team, they gave everything.

Have a good day.

Just spent 5 minutes lying on my tiled floor with sweat gushing out of my forehead. If I could bottle it it would probably make great lighter fluid for a BBQ. Could it be that the quacks have been right about alcohol after all?

Just spent 5 minutes lying on my tiled floor with sweat gushing out of my forehead. If I could bottle it it would probably make great lighter fluid for a BBQ. Could it be that the quacks have been right about alcohol after all?

Good night then? You'd think we'd won something...

I am so proud of every man who plays for this club.

-John Obi, 10/10 performance, I'm so glad that everybody in the world was watching this because you will finally get the recognition you deserve.

-Ryan Bertrand, I said from the word go you should start on the left wing, you did and you played your heart out. Future Chelsea and England starting left back.

TO EVERYONE WHO SAID HE SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED, EAT YOUR f**kING WORDS! RDM KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND ANYONE WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!!

-Frank, you lead by example, played with more passion than anyone has ever played within a final. I love you.

-Cech, you are a beautiful man. It's boring when you only save one penalty in a game, so thanks for making it three. Another player I am delighted to have proved the critics wrong.

-Bosingwa, a great game. You haven't always played your best this season but you pulled it out the bag last night and came good a the big moments.

-Ashley Cole, what a game you had. You always step up on the big occasion, and what you did for us last night will never be forgotten. Broke the record for the most blocks and last ditch tackles ever in CL match!

-Gary Cahill, you played the whole game with an injury and a limp. I don't know if anyone else noticed but he didn't start limping in extra time, he'd been doing it the whole game. It only took you a couple of month learn what Chelsea spirit is about and I am so happy for you and your first ever two trophies.

-David Luiz, I said when it went to penalties that you would take one and score it emphatically. I bet my mate £10 on it and you delivered. Not to mention you played like a hero the whole game.

-Juan Mata, even though we only scored the one goal, you were pivotal in all our attacking threat. One of our best signings for many years. You may have missed a penalty but in the end it didn't Mata!!!

-Kalou, I'm getting that bug on the back of your head shaved onto mine! some great defensive team work last night and some impressive link up play too.

-Oh Fernando Torres, once again I said that you should have started on the right. How right was I?! You had a huge impact on the game, worked your socks off and showed a lot of people watching that despite your goals record you are a force to be reckoned with. Wish you had taken a pen though.

-Malouda, fantastic performance. Again so much hard work put into the those final minutes and extra time. You epitomized what it is to play for Chelsea when you came on: this may not be our strongest squad or your personal best season, but you showed that never say die Chelsea attitude that will make this squad famous.

-Didier Drogba. What the hell do I say about this guy? No wonder you are a f**king God back in the Ivory Coast. You are without a doubt the best big game player ever to grace football. When Bayern scored, the biggest reason that I still believed was that you were still on the pitch. Bayern may take 20 corners but you only need one. You just cemented yourself as the best striker in Chelsea history. I am so unbelievably upset that that could have been your last game. That said, if it is, what a way to go out. One of the best headers I have ever seen and the final pen. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd probably be disgustingly chatting about how you mean more to me than my wife or mother; you don't but you are a close runner up! I could write an essay devoted to you, thank you for everything you have done for this club, last night and throughout your career.

-RDM, you are a night in shinning armour. What you did with this team, in the situation you were in, in the time you had, is nothing short of miraculous. I was saying this before the game but now more than ever: I will be disgusted if you are sacked.

-Finally to every player who helped us get here, Ramires, Raul, Ivan, Paulo, Terry, etc. just because you didn't play does not mean you are forgotten. You were all instrumental and a lot of you aren't here as you were forced to put you hearts and body on the line against Barca. I feel so sorry for all of you missing out on playing on the biggest stage of them all, especially for Rami, Raul and Ivan, who were only absent due to the farcical rules of UEFA.

Platini looked like he was gonna cry when we won. Genuine sadness on his face when giving Bayern their runner up medals, and very begrudgingly handed us our winners medals. He proved by the way he carried himself last night how much of an anti-England agenda there is operating in UEFA.

What's that? we haven't got a hope in Europe? Bitch Please!!!

Edited by CodyBound

Platini looked like he was gonna cry when we won. Genuine sadness on his face when giving Bayern their runner up medals, and very begrudgingly handed us our winners medals. He proved by the way he carried himself last night how much of an anti-England agenda there is operating in UEFA.

What's that? we haven't got a hope in Europe? Bitch Please!!!

I know he looked devastated, ah well makes it even sweeter to me

All he did was moan before he gave us the cup anyway cause the players were surrounding the area where Terry and Lamps were.