Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

Did anyone else realise that Mata was going to miss his penalty before he even took it? He just isn't very good at them is he.

Yes. I knew he would miss the moment he stepped up. Just got that feeling.

Just spent 5 minutes lying on my tiled floor with sweat gushing out of my forehead. If I could bottle it it would probably make great lighter fluid for a BBQ. Could it be that the quacks have been right about alcohol after all?

Ha ha, I am not a well man this morning. It was incredible watching that with my dad last night, after my wedding, the birth of my little girl and our title win at Bolton that was the most incredible night of my life.

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_romanwiggle2.gif

Edited by dkw

The negative reactions from the usual suspects is not exactly unexpected. We have fans of clubs who have never been anywhere near the Champions League, and of those who have won it, bleating their nonsense about "anti-football", "football died" and similar puerile bloody drivel.

The simple fact is that, yes we had our luck - but this is a cup competitions, and no team ever won any cup competition without having a huge slice of luck along the way. But above and beyond that, with a squad depleted through injuries and suspensions, we played one of the giants of European football in their own home stadium, and by playing to our strengths, and we deservedly came away with the trophy.

This is an achievement that can not be be belittled, no matter how much the hordes of bitter, small minded ignoramuses may try.

Ha ha, I am not a well man this morning. It was incredible watching that with my dad last night, after my wedding, the birth of my little girl and our title win at Bolton that was the most incredible night of my life.

[url=

I just love Romans reactions in the stands. Funny as hell!

Forgot to ask, was that when Robben missed the penalty?

Edited by The Moos

The clips of Roman throughout the night were memerable, from him squirming in his seat, the elation of the penalty save, clapping with the fans to Liquidator. Who says rich owners are souless and have no feel for the game? Thanks Roman for giving us the fans moments to savour that we will remember the rest of our lives.

Drogba scoring the header with Martin Tyler and Gary Neville commentating is immortalised in my brain forever. His commentary for Aguero's winner of the league for Man City was pretty special, tonight's "DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" was another level, Neville's (more manly than v Barca) "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!" is absolutely glorious. Tyler's "HE'S DONE IT!" when Drogs scored the winning penalty isn't bad either! What a night.

http://www.skysports...7766690,00.html

Cheers mate, had not seen the sky commentary.

It must have been, looking at the time (7:35 into the first 15 minute extra time period).

Rarely are headers up there as the greatest goals of all time, but given the importance of the situation, and given the extreme angle of the header and the power of the header, Drogba's header ranks up there right next to Marco van Basten's miracle goal in the Euro Finals.

Yeah, the missed penalty. His son seems to like us also doesnt he, bodes well for when he gets handed the club as an xmas present :biggrin:

Cheers mate. Absolutely devastated, to play like we did and then lose. Proud of the team, they gave everything.

Have a good day.

No congratulations ?

It sounds as though you thought your team deserved to win it, I personally thought after 5 minutes "WTF.. this Bayern team are not all that special" and "we can do this".

Your best 3 players did not show up, Drogba did.

Good luck next season, maybe you will beat us at Wembley next year, see you there.

Absolutely delighted for you all. It was written in the stars and especially well done to RDM.

I am 43 and followed the fortunes of Chelsea from afar and made it down for the odd game...My first game was another Cup win..The Full Members cup of 1986. I have to say last nights game made it all worthwhile.

Blue Is The Colour

Its weird but I actually think it might have been better in some ways that we didn't win in Moscow as the first time is always the most special and last night that felt amazing. I have to say when we played United in the final been two English teams it didn't really feel like a European Cup final but this did. Also another bonus I actually love the manager this time whereas I hated Grant with a passion.

Its weird but I actually think it might have been better in some ways that we didn't win in Moscow as the first time is always the most special and last night that felt amazing. I have to say when we played United in the final been two English teams it didn't really feel like a European Cup final but this did. Also another bonus I actually love the manager this time whereas I hated Grant with a passion.

I like Avram Grant, and still do. He did well to take us to the CL final, and we were very unlucky not to win it then. Is he a great manager? No. Is he a good manager? I think so. Did he deserve to manage Chelsea after the CL final loss? I think he should have been given a year.

Thank you every one. Worst year of my life and I walked away from all of you. When I returned I appreciated that you didn't question, just allowed me to slip back in. This joy is less than you deserve but I am sure you will settle for it. I nearly checked out for ever but am glad I didn't - love this moment, love those who care, love those who take the time to put you first when you needed it and take damn good care.

Tonight we smile. Never forget how good it feels.

Loz, you big sissy :icon_hug: