Zeta

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

germans, the masters of sponny victories and penalty shootouts - who showed no class in build up to the final - slagging off roman, jt, the club in every way, continue the biiterness in the papers after the defeat....well suck on your bratwurst - we won fair and square

http://www.telegraph...as-a-farce.html

But isn't that it? They were at home and they had every advantage and we won. There is a justice in that, it's one thing to play in your own country like Man Yoo last year, but your own stadium? How's that for a neutral site to decide European champion. Well f**k off Bayern media, the fact we won it in your ground despite the suspensions, despite the injury laboured defence, we still survived the storm and came out on top. How about a little grace in defeat as many other Bayern fans and others have shown.

Chelsea statistics

• Petr Cech went the right way on six Bayern penalties and saved three of them.
  • Chelsea blocked more shots than in any other game in the Champions League this season.
  • Only Frank Lampard, John Obi Mikel and Juan Mata made more passes than goalkeeper Petr Cech.
  • Juan Mata covered the most ground on the pitch with 16,123 metres.
  • Didier Drogba has now scored nine goals in nine cup finals.

Bayern Munich statistics

• Robben and Philipp Lahm were the most frequent passers behind Kroos, showing how much Bayern played down the right-hand side.
  • Half of Bayern's eight crosses from the left were successful, whereas none of 15 reached their target from the right.
  • Seven of Robben's shots were from outside the area, showing that Chelsea defended the 18-yard line well.
  • Bastian Schweinsteiger covered the most ground of any Bayern player with 15,464 metres.

Out of 23 Bayern crosses, 4 found Bayern players, but the other 19 times they gave it us back, thanks.

Out of 23 Bayern crosses, 4 found Bayern players, but the other 19 times they gave it us back, thanks.

Where are those stats from coco?

Told you Di Matteo would go defence ! It worked a treat throughout his reign, and his team lineup against us when you lost 4-1 showed to me at least what his intentions were.

You didn't deserve to win, but then again, neither did Bayern. And before you jump on my back for that comment, many of you lot agreed when you went behind. BUT you did win it, against all the odds, so well done, Chelsea never stood a chance, but they ended up winning ole big ears.

A word on Drogba, I remember when we (Liverpool) played against Marseille and he ripped us apart, then Chelsea signed him. Of all the signings you have made, Drogba was possibly the best. In the final against us, in the final against Bayern, in many games he has played in, I may be betraying the history of your former players, but for me, he will be the one who was a constant pain in our backside. A brilliant player.

Told you Di Matteo would go defence ! It worked a treat throughout his reign, and his team lineup against us when you lost 4-1 showed to me at least what his intentions were.

You didn't deserve to win, but then again, neither did Bayern. And before you jump on my back for that comment, many of you lot agreed when you went behind. BUT you did win it, against all the odds, so well done, Chelsea never stood a chance, but they ended up winning ole big ears.

A word on Drogba, I remember when we (Liverpool) played against Marseille and he ripped us apart, then Chelsea signed him. Of all the signings you have made, Drogba was possibly the best. In the final against us, in the final against Bayern, in many games he has played in, I may be betraying the history of your former players, but for me, he will be the one who was a constant pain in our backside. A brilliant player.

we deserved it a lot more than liverpool did in 2005. we didnt get a dodgy penalty because our captain was impersonating a starfish in the box

we deserved it a lot more than liverpool did in 2005. we didnt get a dodgy penalty because our captain was impersonating a starfish in the box

Im not here to argue, just to congratulate you on your champions league win.

and to say we didnt deserve it . . .

When you went behind, many on here said the same as what I said. Ok, to pick up that point, no, you didnt deserve it. All your team did was defend. They offered nothing to the game until you went behind. Then you bombed forward and scored. It was negative from Chelsea all through that game but when you came under pressure you responded. No, you didn't deserve to win, as long as it was 0-0 your team were happy to sit and defend. But when it came to responding, your team responded brilliantly. Bayern also deserved to lose as for all the possession they had, they did sod all with it.

Well done Chelsea.

Wasn't exactly a prophetic prediction saying we would play defensively. Not many people anywhere really thought otherwise and Yes we very much did deserve to win the cup. Defence is just as much a part of football as attack is and what Chelsea displayed in our last 3 CL matches was nothing short of a defensive masterclass, and guess what it nullified any chance of an attacking masterclass by two of the most talented squads in europe.

Don't come here and just say you are here to congratulate when you are slagging off and giving back handed compliments.

When you went behind, many on here said the same as what I said. Ok, to pick up that point, no, you didnt deserve it. All your team did was defend. They offered nothing to the game until you went behind. Then you bombed forward and scored. It was negative from Chelsea all through that game but when you came under pressure you responded. No, you didn't deserve to win, as long as it was 0-0 your team were happy to sit and defend. But when it came to responding, your team responded brilliantly. Bayern also deserved to lose as for all the possession they had, they did sod all with it.

Well done Chelsea.

You should stop sniffing glue.

I know I'm very late in posting this but it's the first time I'm able to get online and post my thoughts and feelings about the greatest night in our history.

I'm on honeymoon and was in Dubai watching the match in my hotel room as my new wife fell asleep. She was awoken abruptly around 2am local time along with probably most of the people along the corridor when Drogba's penalty went in and I jumped up and screamed and danced around the room. My wife said "You wern't this happy on our wedding day!" I didn't lie ...so said nothing!!

This was an incredible season. I never could see us out playing or out scoring Bayern. Everything seems stacked against us. Their home advantage, their better penalty stats but somehow I thought the God's are with us and this is our time.

I woke next morning knowing something great had happenned the previous night. We were European Champions.

If Drogba goes know it will be a shame but he will have gone out on the highest way possible. The man has been a absolute legend. He has helped win us every piece of silverware possible.

So pleased for Frank and JT too.

Tuesday Morning 22nd May 2012

and Chelsea are European Champions .

Haha, feel free to post that daily Ersk! I'm still in the process of having to remind myself every time I wake up!

Well being in Munich for 24 hrs, as most will tell you it was basically Bayern-fest...inside and outside the stadium, they were so so confident they thought they had already win it, so it is no surprise at all their press reaction.

The morning of the game I picked up one of the local German papers. The front of the sports page had a big photo of a glass of beer with the caption (in English) "For You" and then beside it a photo of the Champions League trophy with the caption in German "Fur uns" (For us). I brought it home with me - it still gives me a chuckle.

Bit of a lame question, but did anyone else get a bit teary?

When Torres scored against Barcelona, almost through sheer relief at the ridiculous amount of tension that had built up, I broke down onto my knees and got a bit emotional.

During the CL final though, for me, both Drogba's goal and the penalty resulted in just sheer elation, although a couple of hours later, it really dawned on me what had just happened, it finally sunk in, and I just sat there with a huge grin on my face, and a tear in my eye. :D

Bit of a lame question, but did anyone else get a bit teary?

When Torres scored against Barcelona, almost through sheer relief at the ridiculous amount of tension that had built up, I broke down onto my knees and got a bit emotional.

During the CL final though, for me, both Drogba's goal and the penalty resulted in just sheer elation, although a couple of hours later, it really dawned on me what had just happened, it finally sunk in, and I just sat there with a huge grin on my face, and a tear in my eye. :D

A bit teary? My tears was flowing like waterfalls. My mom called be just after the game had ended to congratulate on the victory and I doubt she could here what I was saying because I was a blubbering mess.