Papis Cisse

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

All right, I'll be the one to bring it up.

I mean, what's the situation with this guy? Is he a real deal or did he sell his soul for an ability to score every time he strikes a ball?

I struggle to remember anyone that prolific. Obviously Cisse'll slow down eventually, but he's clearly something special.

I know he just arrived and they won't want to lose him but Cisse is definitely worth a look. With Drogba and Kalou both likely to leave we need to assess all the options.

I always worry when we sign a player after a short spell of great form, though he does look a very good player. Maybe let im have another half a season at Newcastle before trying to sign him, just to see if he can carry it on next season.

All right, I'll be the one to bring it up.

I mean, what's the situation with this guy? Is he a real deal or did he sell his soul for an ability to score every time he strikes a ball?

I struggle to remember anyone that prolific. Obviously Cisse'll slow down eventually, but he's clearly something special.

I know he just arrived and they won't want to lose him but Cisse is definitely worth a look. With Drogba and Kalou both likely to leave we need to assess all the options.

Why would he want to come to us? If Newcastle are going to offer him champions league football next season why would he leave?

We just need to go and find our own Cisse or Torres needs to show the type of form he showed at Ath Madrid and Liverpool.

I always worry when we sign a player after a short spell of great form, though he does look a very good player. Maybe let im have another half a season at Newcastle before trying to sign him, just to see if he can carry it on next season.

Me too. He could be a flash in the pan like Tony Yeboah. Do like the look of him but to be fair, Newcastle took the punt on him so they deserve the rewards for at least a couple of seasons. I hate this one club discovering a player and then losing him after less than a season.

Edited by Nibs

He's in amazing form right now, but he strikes me as simply that, a player who is in a really great run of form and luck, where everything is going right. When that luck runs out, I don't think he'll be scoring anywhere near as many. However, i've been wrong before, but I would need to see him do it consistently over more than 10-12 games before thinking we should sign him.

It is absolutely incredible some of the strikes he has converted this season. Is he a good footballer overall though? I dont know!

It would hardly matter if he converted one or two of those every other game.

Some of his goals have been so unbelievably good thats its like some sort of sick joke !

Andy Carroll was in a cracking run of form for a while at the Toon - look how well that turned out.

I don't think Carroll even at his best ever looked anywhere near as good, let alone prolific as Cisse has been since joining Geordies in January.

Plus, his goals to games ratio was very good prior to that, too.The man has been scoring them for fun in France, Germany and now England. How is it that he was ignored by the big boys to date is puzzling.

Fantastic striker nowadays. Will be exciting to see if he turns out to be an Hernandez or if he keeps this high level. Wouldn't put much into the second goal though, his incredible form creates incredible luck, but all creds too him for pulling it off.

He's the next Amr Zaki

Nope, he isn't. Zaki had a run of amazing form, then completely ruined it all through his awful attitude, with Bruce going as far as to describe him as the most unprofessional player he's ever worked with. (oh, and he was a nasty, openly racist c**t)

Cisse on the other hand is a joy to watch*, he always seems so happy just to be playing football, constantly smiling, get on with his team mates etc etc

* when he isn't scoring two wonder goals past us, of course...

Edited by blizeH

our own cisse maybe moussa sow, he moved to turkey in january but was prolific in france, but the money to get cisse away would be incredible, just look at their last striker on fire who left

I like this idea. I remember Sow being talked about as a big target for English clubs a while back.

I like the idea of chasing the next Cisse or Ba, because we will be raked over the coals to get these versions. Newcastle are gonna want Andy Carroll money for them, as they should do.

Its very admirable how that club has managed to get bargains on Cabaye and Ben Arfa and develop them into fantastic players. Its a complete reversal to the culture of the club before they were relegated.

Not seeing how everybody is talking about him just being in good form. His goal record at Freiburg was phenomenal. What has happened at Newcastle has just been a continuation of that, perhaps even an improvement due to the higher quality of the service provided.

i know he isnt just on abit of a run, but the amount it would take to get him just wouldnt be worth it, and tbf as i previously mentioned sows record isn't bad;

lille apps - 54 goals - 31

fernebahce apps - 13 goals - 8

or seydou doumbia of cska moscow, for young boys 50 goals in 64 games and 33 goals in 51 games for cska