mad_mac

Our Youth on Loan

On 5/22/2017 at 12:33, big blue said:

There's been some very impressive perfomances from the loan army this season. Abraham has probably been the pick of bunch all things considered, baker, traore, christiensen, and ake were excellent, with the latter earning a recall.

Some impressive 1st loans for palmer, brown, colkett, Clarke Salter, and tomori. 

There's been a few disappointing loans namely kenedy, musonda, and boga, who all seem to stalled or regressed in their development, and need a big season again if they are going to fulfill their potential. 

Alot of these boys will be looking at christiensen, and whether he gets a 1st team chance next season. It's a massive chance for the club to prove they are committed to bringing through youth products for our 1st team. 

He ticks all the boxes we are looking from a potential centre back signing. I'm not sure what else a young player could do to earn a chance. 

There's still plenty of fat to be trimmed from the players out on loan though, so hopefully we can bring in decent money to put into other areas of the club.

Well done to the loan art this year, and good luck to the next batch. 

Couldnt agree more, some of the loanees I had high expectations for this season based on last season have slightly disappointed like Kenedy and Musonda. But its perfectly fine as they're still young. I think we are heading in a direction where we are only really going to be loaning out more and more academy players, and buying less of these random youngsters which never really have a shot of making our first team. 

As for trimming the fat in our loan department, we have already got off to a great start this window with the likes of Cuadrado, Atsu and Davey all going this early. Also looks like we are looking at offloading a few more of these fringe loan players which is great if you ask me.

We can still potentially reduce the loan army by about 10-15 players and we'll be left with players who have a good shot of making the first team in the future

On 2017-5-30 at 13:07, Remodez said:

Palmer should have been sold by now. 

why? last season he was one if the best players in a highly successful youth team. This season he has had his 1st taste of professional, played pretty well, got injured, but helping a team gain promotion is a good start to his career. Another loan and see how he develops, we might get a better price for him.  

Slutsky appointed Hull manager. No doubt we'll see a couple of players loaned there next season. 

Aina, Clarke-Salter and RLC are the three who could use some championship time IMO. 

RLC may seem an odd choice but I think at this point he needs to play every week and be able to succeed. He's needs some confidence and I think he would destroy championship level competition.

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

On 09/06/2017 at 16:55, TheChelseaBlues said:

Slutsky appointed Hull manager. No doubt we'll see a couple of players loaned there next season. 

Aina, Clarke-Salter and RLC are the three who could use some championship time IMO. 

RLC may seem an odd choice but I think at this point he needs to play every week and be able to succeed. He's needs some confidence and I think he would destroy championship level competition.

Just a reminder that Premier League clubs are only permitted to borrow 1 player from another Premier League side. Hull therefore couldn't take a couple of players from us.

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just a reminder that Premier League clubs are only permitted to borrow 1 player from another Premier League side. Hull therefore couldn't take a couple of players from us.

Hull have been relegated

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

The transfer of Chelsea Academy attacker Alex Kiwomya to Doncaster Rovers has been agreed.

The 21-year-old, who was an FA Youth Cup and UEFA Youth League winner with Chelsea, will become a Doncaster player on 2 July.

Kiwomya is returning to Yorkshire having been a schoolboy player with Rotherham United. He spent last season on loan at Crewe Alexandra.

Doncaster, who are managed by Darren Ferguson, will compete in League One having won automatic promotion last campaign.

Chelsea Football Club thanks Alex for his contribution and wishes him well at his new club. 

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/06/kiwomya-to-move-north.html

Awesome for him. He was the youngest first choice keeper in the top 7 tiers of English football last season.

He's taking a much different route than someone like Blackman who basically sat on the bench for a few years. 

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/04/steps-up--nathan-baxter.html

Josimar Quintero will spend the 2017/18 season on loan in Russia with FC Rostov.

The Ecuadorian midfielder, 20, joined the Blues in 2014 from Barcelona and was part of the side that helped us win the UEFA Youth League in 2016.

Rostov finished sixth in the Russian top flight last season.

awesome opportunity for colkett

he still has a long way to go but he's filling out physically a lot better than some of his predecessors who he seemed to be compared to both in style of play and build (mceachran in particular).