mad_mac

Our Youth on Loan

On 10/05/2018 at 13:17, IliyaKrostin said:

Van Ginkel is a player that should play regularly, can't see him making it at Chelsea.

Loftus-Cheek, Mason Mount have to stay with us, maybe another loan for Mount to get more minutes, experience.

DaSilva is having a great season as well, unfortunately, we have Alonso and Emerson at this position, I don't know how would we play or use him. 

Da Silva would be an excellent wing back. He is one of the few full backs worth paying money to see. I'd have him starting in the next coming season. 

On 30/04/2018 at 12:22, Nibs said:

You have every right to be sceptical but I honestly think Mount might be one who makes it. I know we'e been disappointed too many times but just maybe, we could see a CFC team not too far down the line with Mount, RLC, Amapdu and Hudson-Odoi.

The same has been said about so many of our youth players in the past that I've just given up at this point. The cycle goes:

> Great at the academy

> Decent/good first season on loan at a weak league/weak club

> Stepped up to a decent team/decent league where they almost get 0 game time and warm the bench

> repeat for another season or 2

> loan back out to a weak league/weak club and still struggle to get some game time

> Sold off to another club 

> Repeat

Its probably hard to acknowledge this, but it is basically what happens without fail to most of our best youth players! Baker, Bamford, McEachran, Kalas, Swift, Feruz just to name a FEW of them.. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, JJP said:

The same has been said about so many of our youth players in the past that I've just given up at this point. The cycle goes:

> Great at the academy

> Stepped up to a decent team/decent league where they almost get 0 game time and warm the bench

> loan back out to a weak league/weak club and still struggle to get some game time

> Repeat

Its probably hard to acknowledge this, but it is basically what happens without fail to most of our best youth players! Baker, Bamford, McEachran, Kalas, Swift, Feruz just to name a FEW of them.. 

Was Feruz ever a good youth player?

And that said RLC and Abraham have picked up a fair amount of BPL experience this season and to a lesser extent Palmer and Brown and RLC and Abraham even managed to get international experience. 

Christensen also broke into the first team, it would seem that either the players that you have mentioned just aren't as talented or our ability to transition players is getting better, I'd suggest its a combination of both. 

Edited by PedroMendez

1 hour ago, PedroMendez said:

Was Feruz ever a good youth player?

And that said RLC and Abraham have picked up a fair amount of BPL experience this season and to a lesser extent Palmer and Brown and RLC and Abraham even managed to get international experience. 

Christensen also broke into the first team, it would seem that either the players that you have mentioned just aren't as talented or our ability to transition players is getting better, I'd suggest its a combination of both. 

He was somewhat hyped due to his very young age at the time, but hes been borderline garbage since he left the youth team. RLC and Abraham seem to be headed a slightly different path, but the SOLE reason for that is that they were loaned in the BPL and given time to prove themselves. 

The problem I have with this pathetic youth system is that 90% of the time we loan our youngsters out to pathetic leagues and teams where it almost makes no difference to their careers. So what if you can light it up in the Turkish second league? Or Vitesse who are barely a top 6 team in the dutch league. Even loaning players out to the championship right now seems pointless because there's just no championship team that gives these youth players a chance.

The sooner we do more BPL loans (like RLC, Kenedy, Abraham, Zouma) or top 4 leagues at a top 5 team (Christensen, Courtois) the sooner we can get more youth through and truly judge what level they're at.

I mean look at Baker for example, he was excellent at Vitesse, and yet this season in the championship hes barely played a game and had a chance to show anything so maybe he was never at a high enough level to play for us given his age, so why carry on loaning him out?

19 hours ago, JJP said:

> Great at the academy

> Repeat

BIB: you@ve posted this in 3 separate threads! But do you think our current youth will be as good as Bamford, McEachran, Kalas or Feruz?!

1 hour ago, Old Shaggy said:

BIB: you@ve posted this in 3 separate threads! But do you think our current youth will be as good as Bamford, McEachran, Kalas or Feruz?!

yeah I just realised hahaha! Well I'm hoping they are better, but judging by the trend of our youth players I can't see 95% of them ever playing properly for us. Only ones I'm hopeful for right now are RLC and possibly Abraham, but Abraham is down to who he's loaned to this season. 

Judging by the usual trend, he is going to be sent to a team where he's hardly going to get to play :/

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Zouma isn’t any good anymore. The injury has destroyed him and to be honest he really hasnt made any difference to Stoke’s defence.

Agree with you but he's also at the age (23-25) where defenders can go from being bang average to actually quite good - it might be a mistake if we let him go without at least giving him another season either at the Bridge or back out on loan.

Probably doesn't really belong in here but Omeruo has signed a new contract until 2021 and joined Leganes? on loan. This is now his seventh loan with us.

At what point do we say enough and stop giving these players new contracts? Realistically who is going to pay more than a mil for him if he goes on a permanent?

What is the f**king point. We are propping up these poor players on contracts they'd never get anywhere else, all in the hope that one day a club might be willing to buy them off us for a tiny profit.

8 hours ago, Zeta said:

What is the f**king point. We are propping up these poor players on contracts they'd never get anywhere else, all in the hope that one day a club might be willing to buy them off us for a tiny profit.

The only thing I can think of is their wages are subsidised by the loan club and we’re getting a decent enough fee to make a profit from these loans. If there’s no business sense to it I’m sure the club wouldn’t be bothering. 

17 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Probably doesn't really belong in here but Omeruo has signed a new contract until 2021 and joined Leganes? on loan. This is now his seventh loan with us.

At what point do we say enough and stop giving these players new contracts? Realistically who is going to pay more than a mil for him if he goes on a permanent?

I imagine its to protect the fee if the option isn't taken

This is what makes me mad about our loan system, its full of sh*te like Omeruo who's been on loan so many times and we keep giving them new contracts even though they'll never play for us.. We need to stop this sh*te. Im all for loaning out our youth team players who need game time, but players like omeruo, Jao Rodriguez,  Pasalic etc... its jut so pointless so keep loaning them out and offering them new contracts. The profit we even make from players like these is so so small that it virtually makes no difference

On 19/08/2018 at 11:25, IliyaKrostin said:

Aina came on for Torino at the 27th minute. Any news on his performance?

pretty solid by all accounts.  He set up a goal that was ruled offside.  Dzeko scored for Roma, and he was Aina's man, but to be fair the goal was well taken and not much Aina could have done.

Palmer scored the winner for Blackburn, played 69 minutes.

Mount scored one goal for Derby, they won 2-0. Played full match.

Tomori kept a clean sheet at Derby's victory, played a full match.

Trevor Chalobah has played a full match at Ipswich defeat. Played as DM.

Lewis Baker came on at the end of the game, Leeds won 3-0. 

On 04/11/2018 at 20:42, Munkworth said:

Reece James scored against dirty Leeds today marking the first step in his journey to becoming a Chelsea legend :good2:

Have just read that he's been awarded Wigan's player of the month for the past 2 month and the fans absolutely love him. Quote from Wigan Today: “Reece James: 8 - Getting boring now but once again oozed quality...and capped another fine display with his first pro goal.”