mad_mac

Our Youth on Loan

23 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Mason Mount has made it 2-2 for Derby against Norwich.

Not sure if you posted it or not, but Fiyako Tomori scored too

Edited by robdog

Ruben Sammut has had his loan at Falkirk expired.  They've sent him back to Chelsea.  I asked a Falkirk fan why, and he said that Ruben was one of the worst players in the team.  Sad to read as he'd looked good in the youth games I caught him in.  But, Falkirk are a different breed, battling relegation, and maybe it was too much for them to gamble on Ruben.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Ruben Sammut has had his loan at Falkirk expired.  They've sent him back to Chelsea.  I asked a Falkirk fan why, and he said that Ruben was one of the worst players in the team.  Sad to read as he'd looked good in the youth games I caught him in.  But, Falkirk are a different breed, battling relegation, and maybe it was too much for them to gamble on Ruben.

Falkirk have fans? :laugh2:

Ugbo has had his loan at Sc**thorpe ended too sadly, 2 goals in 18 appearances.

Edited by the special one

23 hours ago, the special one said:

Falkirk have fans? :laugh2:

Ugbo has had his loan at Sc**thorpe ended too sadly, 2 goals in 18 appearances.

A few, and they're all bitter.  So I've been told to take the assessment with a pinch of salt

On 09/01/2019 at 17:37, robdog said:

Lewis Baker is now going to Reading

Thought he would do well at Leeds but he hardly got a look in and that's despite the fact Leeds have had plenty of injuries & suspensions.

Gone from a promotion battle to a relegation one. Yet another one who I had fairly high hopes for who doesn't look like he will fulfill his potential. Will join old youth-team mate Jon Swift at Reading who again is another one..............................etc etc 

8 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Thought he would do well at Leeds but he hardly got a look in and that's despite the fact Leeds have had plenty of injuries & suspensions.

Gone from a promotion battle to a relegation one. Yet another one who I had fairly high hopes for who doesn't look like he will fulfill his potential. Will join old youth-team mate Jon Swift at Reading who again is another one..............................etc etc 

Something of a theme about the yoof players that you fancy @Nibs::MooNeY::::MooNeY::::MooNeY::

13 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Something of a theme about the yoof players that you fancy @Nibs::MooNeY::::MooNeY::::MooNeY::

Yeah, you're right - they were badly handled at crucial stages of their development!

Anyway, hopefully we have learnt from that as the current crop are doing better...................................

3 hours ago, Nibs said:

Yeah, you're right - they were badly handled at crucial stages of their development!

Anyway, hopefully we have learnt from that as the current crop are doing better...................................

Horribly handled. There were so many players with potential coming through then that we handled terribly by loaning them out to garbage teams that never played them, and ended up wasting season after season. 

The list of players I can name is literally through the roof. THANKFULLY though, we are slightly improving in that aspect with RLC and CHO both getting game time with our first team on a fairly regular basis, so maybe we are changing just a little bit? 

Though of course that all goes out the window is this moronic board decided to just sell CHO to Bayern

14 minutes ago, PimpThanos said:

this moronic board decided to just sell CHO to Bayern

so how do you know about this? The last I heard was that Chelsea was going to report Bayern to FIFA for tapping up CHO.

On 11/01/2019 at 09:25, Nibs said:

Will join old youth-team mate Jon Swift at Reading who again is another one..............................etc etc 

Another lad from my home town, I used to drink with his uncle (I think).