I saw on twitter earlier, but I think when interviewed recently Todd Kane basically said what we all know.  It's extremely hard for the kids to break into the first team.  He's almost sounding resigned to the fact that he'll never play for Chelsea.

I am paraphrasing a little here, but he basically said (in a series of tweets quoting him):

Take a look at the young playesr we've got, there are some great player.

But, take a look at the first team, and there aren't any youth team players in it.

I love Chelsea, and would love to play there one day, but I have to be realistic

No idea on performances, but English round up for today:

Todd Kane played 90 mins for Forest in a 2-1 win against Derby

Kalas played 90 mins and Bamford 74 mins in a 2-0 Boro win against Huddersfield

Baker played 12 mins for Sheff Wed in a 1-2 defeat to Bolton

Davey was a unused sub for Sc**thorpe

Feruz played 8 mins for Blackpool in a 2-0 defeat to Wolves

Kiwomya played 90 mins for Barnsley in a 1-0 defeat to Doncaster

Swift played 70 mins and scored for Swindon in a 3-1 win against Chesterfield

Really exited about Bamford, needs to be managed very carefully next season but I hope we add him to our squad. Looks good every time I see him.

Don't get too exited though, one of the usual suspects will be along to tell us he isn't good enough in a bit.

Really exited about Bamford, needs to be managed very carefully next season but I hope we add him to our squad. Looks good every time I see him.

Don't get too exited though, one of the usual suspects will be along to tell us he isn't good enough in a bit.

It would certainly make sense to have him back as 3rd striker and an option in place of Drogba.

I would think Drogba will retire in the summer and Remy will probably leave if he's not given more opportunities. So Bamford could easily come in as that 3rd striker, and he can do what Remy does and play on the wing as well. He played right wing against City today and was immense.