Liverpool

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Okay, the start of the week that could be the start of our premiership defense, or it could be the week that sees it all go up in smoke. I think 9 points at this point means we can take the Trophy with us to anfield and drop it into OT on the way home!

Anyway, will we see Cech back, will we see Terry back? I fu**ing hope so! That would be just the boost the travelling fans would love to see, infact the type of boost we would all love to haev for such a game.

Liverpool Chelsea matches have been great encounters in recent memory, so I think this could be the same. I think it will be lose, and depending on who the ref is (has that been announced yet?) I can see one team not ending with all starters.

So, realistically, who do you expect to start? I think cech might be back, eh is training at 100 percent, and even at 0 percent bust be better than Hilario. Also, I think Bridge and Robbenworked so well together that we MUST start both of them

line up, for me

...............................cech

Geremi.............PF...........Percy............Bridge

............................Essien

.............Ballack.................Lamps

Kalou.................................................Robben

...........................Drogs

I think Pf will start in the middle because of makas suspension ruling essien into the defensive midfield. I also think it is too big a game for Morais to come in. I also hope we add width, and I hope makas absence means we are forced to do so. I would loathe us to start with a diamond with mikel and ballack in it.

Anyway, COME ON THE CHELS, bring on scoucers by the score (by the score)

Scott

Also, I think Bridge and Robbenworked so well together that we MUST start both of them

I think Ashley Cole can work with Robben better than Bridge. That`s all about Robben`s form. Playing 4-4-2 he was sitting on a bench often. That is why we couldn`t see their partnership. Comparing Cole and Bridge it`s not a secret that Cole more mental, faster player than Bridge. So I think Cole will start.

http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea18070 ... _2209129_1

Most of all I like this: "Point Number Two for today. We could be going into the game needing two Michael Essiens, and even he isn't capable of that trick. Someone in central defence or central midfield is going to have to show us their top value."

I think Essien will play central defender, because we have already got expirience about Paolo misplaced to CD.

And hopefully Drogba and Robben will start. With Kalou better, with Sheva just good.

Come on, Chelsea!!! badge.gif

If Sheva's 'fit' I'd like to see him start, as surely he'll be motivated against Liverpool (Champions League final 2005) plus it would give Drogba more time and space.

I'd go for this formation:

-------------------------Cech

Geremi--------Essien--------Riccy--------Cole

--------------Ballack-----------Lamps

Kalou---------------------------------------Robben

----------------Sheva---------Drogs

Come on Chelsea!!!

If Sheva's 'fit' I'd like to see him start, as surely he'll be motivated against Liverpool (Champions League final 2005) plus it would give Drogba more time and space.

Come on Chelsea!!!

a 4-4-2 with wingers, will never happen. Kalou and Robben don't exactly tackle well, and this will over expose our full backs a,d put too much pressure on lamps and ballck

If Maka is suspended its a difficult team to pick with Terry injured.

Cech

PF Carvalho Essien Bridge (did well last weekend)

Mikel

Ballack Lampard

Kalou Drogba Robben

I wonder what Bridge or A Cole would be like at Right back?

If Maka is suspended its a difficult team to pick with Terry injured.

Cech

PF Carvalho Essien Bridge (did well last weekend)

Mikel

Ballack Lampard

Kalou Drogba Robben

I wonder what Bridge or A Cole would be like at Right back?

I havea feeling that team will be our starting lineup except for Cole in place of Bridge.

Personally, I would still like to see Sheva play in place of Kalou and put Robben at the tip of the diamond - just for this match.

I wonder whether Benitez will go for a 3-4-3 line up against us? That would be very interesting. If he is really serious about winning hte match it would make a lot of sense to have Crouch playing against Essien with Bellamy and Kuyt picking up the scraps. The question would be whether we could push their two wide midfielders (aka full backs) back towards the defensive three. If we can then it will reate a lot of space for Frank and Ballack.

I can't say I am looking forward to the match much - I am far too nervous. Hopefully we can come away with a win and put a bit of pressure on Man U for Sunday.

Come on Chelsea!!!

a 4-4-2 with wingers, will never happen. Kalou and Robben don't exactly tackle well, and this will over expose our full backs a,d put too much pressure on lamps and ballck

I know it's wishfull thinking on my part, although I do believe that the best form of defence is attack and Liverpool wouldn't be expect such a line-up.

Liverpool midfielders are creative ones. Playing only with Ballack and Lampard in the middle will be troubleful, I think. (using wingers)

1) Ballack is slow. His defensive abilities are questionable. Gerrard will easily beat him.

2) Having good backline Lampard could play closely to opponent`s area.

This case Lampard will be concentrated on defence only...... And who else????

Makelele suspended.

Essien is central defender.

Mikel??? Sure no!

Diarra??? Sure no!

So playing wingers I see two situations and they both are difficult:

I

Defence: Essien ~ Crouch

MID: Gerrard 1064.gif Ballack

II

Defence: Crouch 1064.gif Ferreira

MID: Gerrard ~ Essien

Playing wingers will be difficult, mentioning Liverpool creative midfield

i would play:

---------cech?/hilario------------

---ferreira-----essien--cole-----

geremi------------------------bridge-

---ballack--------------lamps-------

--------------mikel----------

-------drogba----sheva--------------

having geremi and bridge as wingbacks will provide the defensive cover we will be needing against pools certain 4/3/3 with their fast gonzalez and pennant whilst being capable of good overlapping on the left to provide attack.

ballack and lamps must play "piston" and attack and defend alternately, zonally well together, leaving drogba and sheva to be supplied by mikel and themselves..

we have a severely depleted squad and to pull off a draw at anfield would be a most satisfiable result.

you might question the danger of playing a 3 CB formation with 0 CB's however, we know essien is up to the job, and we know how good Cole is at being the last man on the line to make a last ditch clearance, and also he is fast to run back with an attacker so as long as he keeps the line and knows the job he SHOULD be ok. only paulo is a danger, and he will have to have geremis support here, and also to pick himself up and play a damn good game. he should do this as he has become accustomed to CB in recent times, which may prove to be the key for him.

----------------------Cech-----------------------

-PF--------------Essien---Ricci---------Ashley-

----------------------Ballack---------------------

-------------------Lamps---Mikel----------------

---------Kalou--------Drogba----------Robben

Subs: Carlo, Bridge, SWP,Diarra, Sahar

Jose said after the Wigan game that he played Essien at centre-back because it meant only 1 player playing out of position, whereas if he'd had Essien at full-back and Paulo at centre-back, that'd be 2 out of their usual roles. For this game I suspect he'll look to limit the damage to start with, so the same applies. Mikel will have to play in front of the same back 4 that started against Wigan, and he'll have to get the wide players to drop deep and help Lamps and Ballack out. I'd prefer it if Kalou didn't play in this one, but we haven't really got an alternative - SWP has 'gone' imho.

I sincerely hope we can pull out a Championship performance cos I think we're going to need one! If the status quo remains after this weekend I'll be happy - I can't see a Gilberto-less Arse beating Manyoo.

I would go with:

-----------------Cech?

Ferraira---Riccy-------Essien---Cole

-----------------Geremi

----------Ballack------Lamps

<-------------Robben------------>

----------Sheva--------Drogba

Robben from both wings. Cole is Liverpool play 3-4-3, else I would opt for Bridge because he is better going forward and would piss over Finnan. Other option is Ballack in DM and play Mikel instead.

Robben at the tip of any dimond has never worked, in fact at times its been very painfull to watch.

The guy needs freedom but thats to rome the wings and switch at will.

He doesnt get the room he needs in the center and cirtainly wont with the diamond

I agree, and I think dutchblue is getting at that...

what I am saying is let him roam wherever- naturally he will go to both flanks... i put him there mainly because it stops sheva from being pushed onto the right.

p.s. actually, I don't remember robben ever playing at the top of a diamond.

----------------------Cech-----------------------

-Geremi--------Paulo---Carvalho---------A.Cole

----------------------Essien---------------------

---------------Ballack------Lamps----------

---------SWP-----------------------Robben

----------------------Drogs-----------------------

Subs: Carlo, Bridge, Sheva, Mikel, Kalou.

I'm highly dissapointed in SWP but i believe we need width and speed to break scousers' defence.

If this lineup doesn't work than bring in Mikel for Ballack and either Kalou or Sheva for SWP.

Without Maka and JT we'll be in a serious danger defencively, so i say the best defence is attack. Arsenal played scousers three times this season and beat them each time, that should tell you how to handle Liverpool.

Us and them both relied on our defence in the past and both are currently experiencing problems in the back. We can't sit back and invite them to advance so we could hit them in the counter because our two key defencive players are out and whoever will pair up with Carvalho in the center is not a CB. If we concede first our defencive woes will be exposed even more because we'll have to commit to attack in numbers.

So let's just give it a go and go on the offensive, we have more talent upfront than they do, so let's use it.

SWP can cause problems if he gets past the first defender and gets decent crosses in . Sheva eats and drinks off them.

Robben can cause problems too especially against their two full backs .

Key is not to give the ball away like we have been doing , and i feel this is the game Ballack will shine .

I would go with:

-----------------Cech?

Ferraira---Riccy-------Essien---Cole

-----------------Geremi

Robben from both wings. Cole is Liverpool play 3-4-3, else I would opt for Bridge because he is better going forward and would piss over Finnan. Other option is Ballack in DM and play Mikel instead.

I like this formation, DutchBlue, especially if Robben has a free role.

I dont think we can risk Mikel in the holding role, Geremi is a far better bet. Oh, I see I got that bit wrong. Mikel alongside Lamps, could work, but risky against Alonso and Gerrard.

I personally doubt that Cech will be risked, probably saved for the Wycombe game.

I'm still (at the moment at least) of the opinion that Sheva will come good, this sort of game may be just the motivation he's waiting for.

With the mousers in good form, this is going to be a difficult game, could go either way.

If this lineup doesn't work than bring in Mikel for Ballack and either Kalou or Sheva for SWP.

I?d rather start with Shevchenko. When he comes on as a sub it takes him at least 20 minutes before he touches the ball, by then the game could be over.

Starting line up will be

-----------------Cech

Geremi--Riccy-------Essien---Cole

-----------------Ferraira-

Ballack is on the up, expect a good game from him

Cole and Geremi will need to overlap and give Sheva some crosses on the deck

Clean sheet for Cech, I say Chelsea win this 0-2